Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: CB or Skill Player in Round 1?

Really. I wouldnt complain about Calhoun as the pick and i would completely understand AND be excited cause the guys a beast. I just think Beasley will fit better right now AND work great long term. Either or have the chance to be pro bowlers and make a huge impact on this team. I wouldnt bitch about either for sure. Lol.

Bottom line though is in the 1st this is the route they should take. But youre gonna have everyone complain that they should trade up for Cooper or Funchess or we. Just some weapon for Joe. Without seeing that we can get him one in the 2nd just as good. Ok maybe not Their dominance but damn good enough. Provided we go get Joe a guy like Gresham or Cameron at TE and a WR like Andre hoping he gets cut as a cap casulty. He should. Hes not worth what theyre about to pay him. Sure hed gladly come get a ring with Kubes and do it for 5M a year for 3. Especially with Houston still handing him about 5 next year lol.

Blog Entries

All things being equal, I go CB. Jimmy Smith will be coming off a season ending injury, I'm unsure if Webb (high cap / less productivity) will return, then there's a bunch of no-names. I can understand fans wanting WR, but in today's NFL you've got to have guys who can keep up with them. The Ravens are woefully short... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    All things being equal, I go CB. Jimmy Smith will be coming off a season ending injury, I'm unsure if Webb (high cap / less productivity) will return, then there's a bunch of no-names. I can understand fans wanting WR, but in today's NFL you've got to have guys who can keep up with them. The Ravens are woefully short... Bc
    Plenty of starter quality CBs will be available in FA. I have no doubt that well sign one. And this year it'll be pretty early on. That will allow us to push CB until middle picks. As really there's only a couple starters in this draft and the rest are projects.

CB, Unless we find a dominant WR...(unlikely A) our draft position - Teams will be salivating for the next Odell beckham and B) We struggle with finding #1 WR

So unless we nab a slam dunk WR I want a Starting Caliber CB.....We need two (total of Three) starting caliber CB to have a good defense

So this will be a factor.
    His reliability has been in great doubt around here and I agree, but maybe he's finally pushed through.
    I'm not saying that we don't need to look at multiple CBs this spring, however.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...ry.html#page=1
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    So this will be a factor.
    His reliability has been in great doubt around here and I agree, but maybe he's finally pushed through.
    I'm not saying that we don't need to look at multiple CBs this spring, however.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...ry.html#page=1
    Definitely a bonus. If Webb and Smith are healthy and we draft a decent starter we'd have a decent group. Asa as depth and then a couple younger guys for the 5th/6th/PS spot.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but we all know it's going ot be one hell of a shock
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

With regards to free agency cornerbacks, there's a thing that crossed my mind. With Jimmy and Webb likely entrenched as our starters next season, why would anyone (say Maxwell) come here? Don't get me wrong, we desperately need others, as we don't really have anything behind those two and they both have some injury history. But any free agent would be a #3 with a chance to become a starter, either by beating out one of them (probably Webb) or one of them going down with injury. I don't think many free agents worth a damn wants to settle for a situation like that.

I believe they think the injury bug was a freak thing this year. They are happy with Smith and Webb. So for CB they are looking at adding depth. With guys being pressed into service this year, they will not see it as a pressing need. I don't think they will draft a safety high. If they are blown away with a receiver and he is there when they pick...maybe. I think if there is a highly rated pass rusher there, they will grab him to eventually replace Suggs are Elvis. More than likely you will see them trade out for more and future picks.

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    With regards to free agency cornerbacks, there's a thing that crossed my mind. With Jimmy and Webb likely entrenched as our starters next season, why would anyone (say Maxwell) come here? Don't get me wrong, we desperately need others, as we don't really have anything behind those two and they both have some injury history. But any free agent would be a #3 with a chance to become a starter, either by beating out one of them (probably Webb) or one of them going down with injury. I don't think many free agents worth a damn wants to settle for a situation like that.
    Very good question and point.
    Usually, the money would talk quite a bit, but damn if we don't have much of it to offer.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Very good point. Which is why they should target FAs who would provide depth. Not the big names that would expect to start. Injuries in the secondary exposed the lack of depth at that position.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Very good point. Which is why they should target FAs who would provide depth. Not the big names that would expect to start. Injuries in the secondary exposed the lack of depth at that position.
    Do not agree with either of you. In today's NFL, you've got to have 3 starting quality CBs due to the passing rules. I believe, although I know we couldn't have resigned him, that if Corey Graham was still with the Ravens, this season would look a lot better to us today. Copraven, you post "Jimmy and Webb likely entrenched..." without considering J.Smith had a season-ending injury and Webb seems a shadow of his former self. Our team needs Cbs for 2015 badly IMO... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Do not agree with either of you. In today's NFL, you've got to have 3 starting quality CBs due to the passing rules. I believe, although I know we couldn't have resigned him, that if Corey Graham was still with the Ravens, this season would look a lot better to us today. Copraven, you post "Jimmy and Webb likely entrenched..." without considering J.Smith had a season-ending injury and Webb seems a shadow of his former self. Our team needs Cbs for 2015 badly IMO... Bc
    How many teams have 3 starting quality corners? How many of those teams can afford to keep all 3 after this season? I agree losing Corey was a big blow. There was just no way to keep him.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller