Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: When was the last time.....

People don't want to hear it...and it may just be a coincidence...but it's been seemingly like that ever since the 2013 purge.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Makes you wonder after Ray Lewis left and he talked about the lack of leadership and people on this board, me included, thought it was self-serving. Looks like he was right afterall. They collectively played like they didn't give a shit the last 2 games and no one to put fire in their belly before the games or a foot up their ass after. One thing to blame the secondary, but where the hell did Flacco and Kubiak go again this week?
    I want to see the passion that comes from a "going into the Lion's den speech" again.

Blog Entries

If we had some leadership on this team that shit wouldn't have went down like that. The thing about these games used to be the type of game the ravens like, it was like a bar fight with two nasty dudes and the ravens would 8/10 come out on top if the other team won they sure didn't feel like it because it would be out right brawl. The ravens have lost their toughness smh soft ass team i don't know what i am watching out there anymore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    That's what I saw and with a 4th string QB. Ravens coaching was horrific in that game. Kubiak, especially, he knew more about Watt and that defense then harbaugh did. Kubiak failed miserably on his visit back to Houston. Houston fans had to be laughing about the ravens hiring a coach that they suffered with for years.
    I don't hear many people bringing this point up, but it should be front and center. How does Kubiak get completely manhandled by a defense he should know better than anyone in the league? Was this validation that Houston made a good choice?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Makes you wonder after Ray Lewis left and he talked about the lack of leadership and people on this board, me included, thought it was self-serving. Looks like he was right afterall. They collectively played like they didn't give a shit the last 2 games and no one to put fire in their belly before the games or a foot up their ass after. One thing to blame the secondary, but where the hell did Flacco and Kubiak go again this week?
    I want to see the passion that comes from a "going into the Lion's den speech" again.
    I don't buy into the Ray Lewis leadership thing. If the Ravens win Sunday then they are 10-6 which is the same as the Super Bowl year. The same year they got owned by Manning at M&T. I think it's a lack of talent, experience and injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I don't hear many people bringing this point up, but it should be front and center. How does Kubiak get completely manhandled by a defense he should know better than anyone in the league? Was this validation that Houston made a good choice?
    Since the steelers game teams have figured out this offense A. Its predictable B. Its far too simple. C we don't have the right players to execute D. The Oline especially the center has regressed. D adjustments haven't worked because teams have figured it out these last few weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I don't buy into the Ray Lewis leadership thing. If the Ravens win Sunday then they are 10-6 which is the same as the Super Bowl year. The same year they got owned by Manning at M&T. I think it's a lack of talent, experience and injuries.
    Leadership is big part of this team's downfall there is no passion in tough games lately these games were a win for the ravens because they uad the grit to grind it out and find a way to win because we had Ray we had Ed to hold players accountable and fire the team up and keep them focused. We have been losing a lot of close games lately since they have been gone is that coincidence??

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    But players sometimes rally around a guy like that. I dont know why but did you see how Torrey played the rest of the game? He had an intensity that SR himself would have been proud of. What is 15 yards, if it pisses off the rest of the team and makes them want to break the others guys face.
    Dead-on. A few others and I made note of that around here.
    I thought that maybe he had finally turned the corner with that game.
    Watch how he played in 2013. It was very similar.

On penalties...remember though, Harbs set the tone back in 2011 (???) when he sat Ellerbe ...during a PSG.
    Fault him on his approach, if you don't support it, but the players have to know that's his MO.

To a certain extent, I agree with you. Penalties sometimes rally the penalized individual, but I haven't seen anything but TDs rally our offense this season. Otherwise, 15 yard penalties just put you behind schedule and take you out of FG range.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Ray Lewis thought that Ray Rice would be the leader of this team. Ray had Rice move his locker next to him years ago. Rice would be there as Ray held court before and after every game. The problem is you can't be a respected leader if you aren't playing well and that's what happened to Rice last year. Even without the elevator there was serious problems with Rice being that guy.

Flacco should be the one but it's obvious he isn't. It sounds like Joe is a nice guy and nice isn't going to work.

Blog Entries

I dont think it is leadership that they lack. They have leaders, Webb is a leader. Joe is a leader. What they lack is attitude. They have a bunch of guys with an...oh well, maybe we will get them next time type of attitude. They dont get pissed off about anything.

The gentrification of the locker room is to blame for that. They dont have the personalities in the locker room to withstand being soft.

Ray Lewis is a rah-rah kind of guy but that isnt the only way to lead. This team is soft and it started to get soft even when Ray was here. Anybody remember week 2 vs, the Titans the Superbowl year? They beat the Ravens up and down the field. Just saying, I dont think Ray would make much of a difference now. These are not tough guys that we have in our locker room.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I dont think it is leadership that they lack. They have leaders, Webb is a leader. Joe is a leader. What they lack is attitude. They have a bunch of guys with an...oh well, maybe we will get them next time type of attitude. They dont get pissed off about anything.

The gentrification of the locker room is to blame for that. They dont have the personalities in the locker room to withstand being soft.

Ray Lewis is a rah-rah kind of guy but that isnt the only way to lead. This team is soft and it started to get soft even when Ray was here. Anybody remember week 2 vs, the Titans the Superbowl year? They beat the Ravens up and down the field. Just saying, I dont think Ray would make much of a difference now. These are not tough guys that we have in our locker room.
    Corey thats part of leadership you are describing therefore they are lacking it