Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Samari Rolle

Re: Samari Rolle

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yeahravens, that guess and $2.10 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Try somewhere else and you might not have to spend as much.
    What?!? Was that supposed to be humorous or clever? :insane:

Yeah you might be right, he probably has the measles, the club would never want that to get out. Jackass!

Instead of making stupid remarks ( and I mean that was dumb ) why not respond with something like a type of disease that would be of the personal nature that would be covered up by the Ravens.

Or at least instead of being insulting, judgemental, or whatever that obscure moronic comment was, say something that debunks what I wrote with a fact or two.

Rub those 2 brains cells together and conjure something up.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post

Yeah you might be right, he probably has the measles, the club would never want that to get out. Jackass!

Instead of making stupid remarks ( and I mean that was dumb ) why not respond with something like a type of disease that would be of the personal nature that would be covered up by the Ravens.

Or at least instead of being insulting, judgemental, or whatever that obscure moronic comment was, say something that debunks what I wrote with a fact or two.

Whether it's the measles or a really bad cold, the HIPAA Act prevents the team from disclosing the illness. So that argument holds no water.

Wow, touched a nerve did I?

Ask someone with good manners what I meant. They'll help you.

FH, I don't think HIPAA has anything to do with it. I just think when appropriate the team is mum about why players are missing games. It's common decency by the coaching staff, protecting their own. I *think* HIPAA would apply equally to the more traditional football injuries. Plus your comment about yeahravens' 'argument' is somewhat misleading because yeahravens is not making an argument. First he used inductive reasoning to guess that Samari Rolle got AIDS in Africa, then he got hot when I mocked him, then he called me a jackass. Unless you are saying yeahravens is arguing Rolle has AIDS, but I don't think that's an argument. More like an extremely rude guess.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Wow, touched a nerve did I?

Ask someone with good manners what I meant. They'll help you.

FH, I don't think HIPAA has anything to do with it. I just think when appropriate the team is mum about why players are missing games. It's common decency by the coaching staff, protecting their own. I *think* HIPAA would apply equally to the more traditional football injuries. Plus your comment about yeahravens' 'argument' is somewhat misleading because yeahravens is not making an argument. First he used inductive reasoning to guess that Samari Rolle got AIDS in Africa, then he got hot when I mocked him, then he called me a jackass. Unless you are saying yeahravens is arguing Rolle has AIDS, but I don't think that's an argument. More like an extremely rude guess.
    Am I dreaming or are you speaking about manners and rudeness on a message board?:insane:

Why don't you read what I wrote. I said STD's would fall under the undisclosed illness category, I used a quote from another to make the point that it could be possible without commenting on his lifestyle, I stated it was a theory, I said I hope I am wrong.

What part of that did your liberal mind block out?

Your response is a lot like those who jumped on Sen. McCain for saying that given the choice he would like a president of similar religious beliefs, but would vote for Muslim that was qualified. You look for the bad, and waive the big ole judgemental flag.

Again, I am challenging you to use your mind, and tell the rest of us what type of disease would need to be hidden versus, let's say pink eye which is what T-Sizzle has. Remember, he has been in the NFL for almost 10 years and this is the first time it came up, so your guess would have acknowledge that.

btw - since I was narrowing down the number of illnesses that would need to be undisclosed, that would be deductive, not inductive

When I was talking about his trip to Africa, AIDS/HIV wasn't my thought, but that he picked up 1 of those exotic viruses/diseases 1 can get overseas, especially in 3rd world countries. Why did it have to go there?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

:
    I would like to know what being a liberal or conservative has anything to do with the back and forth your two are having?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Am I dreaming or are you speaking about manners and rudeness on a message board?:insane:
    Yes. Why, did you check yours at the door?

Why don't you read what I wrote. I said STD's would fall under the undisclosed illness category, I used a quote from another to make the point that it could be possible without commenting on his lifestyle, I stated it was a theory, I said I hope I am wrong.

Huh?

Your response is a lot like those who jumped on Sen. McCain for saying that given the choice he would like a president of similar religious beliefs, but would vote for Muslim that was qualified. You look for the bad, and waive the big ole judgemental flag.
    What?

Again, I am challenging you to use your mind, and tell the rest of us what type of disease would need to be hidden versus, let's say pink eye which is what T-Sizzle has. Remember, he has been in the NFL for almost 10 years and this is the first time it came up, so your guess would have acknowledge that.
    All I know is if he'd picked up HIV in Africa a couple months ago he wouldn't have AIDS yet. As any jackass knows.

Whatever it is, it's clearly something the team is trying to keep private, and I have no problem respecting that wish and not embarrassing myself by guessing at someone else's very personal business.

btw - since I was narrowing down the number of illnesses that would need to be undisclosed, that would be deductive, not inductive
    I'm just a jackass with only two brain cells to rub together, how would I know.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ok, let's look at this logically. He has an illness that the team feels is not the fan's business. Why? If it was a common illness, there would be no reason to hide it. In today's society, what types of illness need to be hidden? Genetic diseases, I can't think of any that would be too disturbing to print. Sexuall transmitted diseases, now they are another story.

An earlier post talked about his trip to Africa, a place where AIDS/HIV runs rampant. I realize no one wanted to go there, but I know you all thought that, and that IS a disease the team would want to hide.

I did some research just to see if I was on track, pull up this PDF statement about the side effects of drug treatment for AIDS, the first one is Fatigue!

http://img.thebody.com/legacyAssets/...ffectchart.pdf

I hope I am wrong btw, however the more you cover something up, the worse I believe it is. Make your own decision, this is only a theory!!!!!!
    Sir, or madam, This post was unconsionable, your following posts were even more ridiculous, as if someone telling you in so many words "your guess is as good as mine" (... that is what what he was saying, that your hypothesis was just a guess, as unfounded as any... because it is only conjecture,) was a slap in your face!... Or were you offended by the Starbucks reference?. But your original post was completely uncalled for! It implies soooo much, with absolutely NO Thread of evidence. Chill out! :) Bottom line is that there could be a hundred things that he would prefer not to be public Knowledge... deductive reasoning it was not. It's called jumping to conclusions,.... with malice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Sir, or madam, This post was unconsionable, your following posts were even more ridiculous, as if someone telling you in so many words "your guess is as good as mine" (... that is what what he was saying, that your hypothesis was just a guess, as unfounded as any... because it is only conjecture,) was a slap in your face!... Or were you offended by the Starbucks reference?. But your original post was completely uncalled for! It implies soooo much, with absolutely NO Thread of evidence. Chill out! :) Bottom line is that there could be a hundred things that he would prefer not to be public Knowledge... deductive reasoning it was not. It's called jumping to conclusions,.... with malice!

Still, no one reads!!!! I DID NOT SAY THAT HE HAD AIDS, I DID NOT SAY THAT HE HAD HIV, I SAID ...
    An earlier post talked about his trip to Africa, a place where AIDS/HIV runs rampant. I realize no one wanted to go there, but I know you all thought that, and that IS a disease the team would want to hide.

I did some research just to see if I was on track, pull up this PDF statement about the side effects of drug treatment for AIDS, the first one is Fatigue!

http://img.thebody.com/legacyAssets/...ffectchart.pdf

I hope I am wrong btw, however the more you cover something up, the worse I believe it is. Make your own decision, this is only a theory!!!!!!

I was implying that there was smoke, not concrete evidence you F**ing jerks! I was making the statement that it must be something serious for so much effort to hide it.

NOTICE THE PART WHERE I SAY I HOPE I AM WRONG, MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION, ONLY A THEORY.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU FOOLS? COMMENT ON WHAT IS THERE NOT YOUR F****'D UP INTERPRETATION!!!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

FH, I don't think HIPAA has anything to do with it. I just think when appropriate the team is mum about why players are missing games. It's common decency by the coaching staff, protecting their own. I *think* HIPAA would apply equally to the more traditional football injuries.
    Any and all medical information of any kind is covered by HIPAA. The NFL, I am quite sure, has negotiated with the players union to allow for football injuries to be released to the public. This is something the players had to agree to and is probably in every single NFL contract as a standard clause. The allowed specifics are evident, as the injury list is always generic.

Doubtful
    Ogden, toe
    Questionable
    Dinkins, arm
    Probable
    Heap, ankle

Nothing specific, simply their chances to play and what body part is hurt, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Any and all medical information of any kind is covered by HIPAA. The NFL, I am quite sure, has negotiated with the players union to allow for football injuries to be released to the public. This is something the players had to agree to and is probably in every single NFL contract as a standard clause. The allowed specifics are evident, as the injury list is always generic.
    Fair enough. But there are times when more details are forthcoming - Suggs & pink eye, Ivy & his emergency abdominal thing last year - and times when it's not - Mike Anderson early this year and Rolle now.

The HIPAA & injury list intersection is interesting. Even generic information can't be released I don't think without consent. There must be some form each player has to sign, with some kind of a release.

More problematic in college, where those consent forms would have bigger legal consequences. I think there was a dust up with the NCAA & HIPAA, though a quick glance around google tells me universities seem to be using some kind of HIPAA waiver.
    Festivus

Doubtful
    Ogden, toe
    Questionable
    Dinkins, arm
    Probable
    Heap, ankle
    Greg, what archive did you pull that out of?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012