Thumbs up Props to the Rooks...

One positive thing I took away yesterday was seeing what our OL will look for years to come. Brown moved to center and Gaither stepped in. They didn't give up a sack. 3 rookies (Yanda/Gruggs/Gaither), 1 2-yr guy (Chester) and 1 3-yr guy (Brown) did a good job yesterday.

Q Syp also did well in catching the ball.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Props to the Rooks...

You couldn't be more right -- who would have guessed that these rookies could come in and not give up a single sack? And we had about 45 passing plays, so it's not as though the 49ers didn't have chances to sack McNair.

That might have been the best thing about this otherwise lackluster game.

The future looks bright for the OL.

I want to see Terry back in there, and I want Flynn healthy, but hopefully from LG on over it stays as it finished yesterday. Brown, Chester, Grubbs, Yanda. Didn't see any dropoff from Flynn to Chester that would cause me to say "OMG We NEED Flynn back!" If anything, Chester looked better.

We saw the future yesterday on the line & it looks bright. Jason Brown was the "Old Man" on the line. The pulling by Grubbs was awesome & something not seen in these parts on a consistent level in a long time. Great job to the rookies & old men Chester & Brown.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Yes, definately the bright spot of the day. Add to that we have a rookie FB as well.

I don't know about the FB yet. He seems to get alot of penalties called on him.

You are right about the penalties, but you have o give him some credit, he is a big reason why Mcgahee is getting some of those wide open holes to run through along with the O line doing well. I think the Fb will be just fine, give him a little more time
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

The o-line looked good, Sypniewski filled in well for Heap, McClain looks like a rookie( makes some good plays, makes some bad plays). Now if only we could find a qb in the draft. Sorry Troy Smith but you belong on the practise squad at best.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    I know what you are saying, but I meant it more in line with we had 3 rookies on the line AND a rookie FB protecting the QB. Also the 3rd string TE. Still would like to see TD's instead of FG's, but to allow 0 sacks and not turn the ball over with that offensive line up is good in my book.