Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers

Blog Entries

Re: Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    And, it was after the Browns embarrassment and their manhood was called into question, when they really seemed to turn their fortunes around.
    And then they subsequently lost to the Jets right?

Your steeler hated sure seems to heap tons of praise on the steelers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    And, it was after the Browns embarrassment and their manhood was called into question, when they really seemed to turn their fortunes around.
    that was week 6... they lost to Jets and Saints since then. they also struggled with the Titans and their prolific offense, the Falcons (without Jones) and a KC team with zero passing game. I dont see a big change in anything theyve been doing. Theyre a good offense trying to make up for a bad defense and theyre inconsistent at that.
    -JAB

I know we all hate the Steelers.
    But look at them again...
    They are beating the better teams.
    When it comes to the playoffs...who will they be playing?
    It seems they play up to their competition.
    And they can score some points and in a hurry with those receivers.
    And they know how to make turnovers and they can certainly run the ball, which is what you must do in December and playoff time.
    They have an aging defense that remembers what it was like a few years ago to dominate.
    Remind you of any Ravens' team recently??
    Look, if they beat the Bengals and have a home playoff game, I can certainly see them winning at home...taking their act on the road and upsetting a team like the Broncos if they hit Peyton early and often and hit a couple home runs with Brown and Bryant...running the ball through them with Bell.
    What they are doing on their Oline is having a bunch of guys who want to brawl and will beat you up over 4 quarters.
    They do not stop until the whistle blows.
    By the 4th quarter, Bell has running lanes and is a big back.
    The team that matches up with them is the Pats.
    That's why I see the AFCCG in New England against the Steelers.
    Does that sound farfetched? But it certainly makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    And then they subsequently lost to the Jets right?

Your steeler hated sure seems to heap tons of praise on the steelers.
    You're correct....they did lose a few clunkers after the Browns loss - my bad! However, my hatred towards the Steelers is genuine; heaping tons of praise on them, however, is certainly not my intention.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I agree with your prediction, and, yes, THIS MAKES ME ILL!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Many interesting comments.

As for Bell and Brown carrying the offense, they are part of a whole. Colt McCoy would not get those guys the numbers they are getting. The QB is the toughest skill position to play, and without a quality QB, well, offenses flounder. Ben R. has put up impressive numbers his entire career, not just with the current guys around him. Even when injured, and with the crap line he has had over the years. I am not saying he is the only QB who could do so well with the offense he is in, I am saying to identify Brown and Bell as the only factors for the Steelers this year success is folly; QB's like Roethlisberger, like any other quality QB, will just find other guys to make plays. Remember, Bryant, the rookie, has 7 touchdowns. Heath has some, etc. so the ball is spread around.

They have lost to some teams they should have beaten, which holds true for any team during every season. And they also beat some quality teams soundly. Typical NFL tick and tack. Are they the best team in the AFC North right now? The way they have been playing, I would argue yes. They have gotten it together at just the right time when it counts. Can they progress in the playoffs, why not? Their defense is not what it used to be, but a few big plays can turn the tables - as can Ben R., that is what he is known for. I am not overly confident in the long run, but I am confident they can beat both the Bengals and the Colts, especially at home.

As for who represent the AFC North in the postseason, I want whoever wins to go all the way. Whether it be the Bengals or the Steelers this year. And that goes for next year, whoever that may be. After all, it is arguably the toughest division in the league.

When you win a lot, no matter by what the score is, you go to postseason. Steelers have won and more then likely win the division. Can't take away the fact that the steelers have a good RB and several receivers in tune with BR. That defense will have to hold their own against the pats, broncos, and colts(yea I know that got torched yesterday).

Ravens meanwhile have been pretenders this year and the coaching has been very suspect in games like yesterday and last week. Flacco is the main ingredient on offense, it's up to the FO and harbaugh to build a team of players around him. So far, that has not happened in the last 2 years. As far as the defense, well a few secondary players good at their position will straighten that problem out. Oh, yea, fire Pees. LMAO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Many interesting comments.

As for Bell and Brown carrying the offense, they are part of a whole. Colt McCoy would not get those guys the numbers they are getting. The QB is the toughest skill position to play, and without a quality QB, well, offenses flounder. Ben R. has put up impressive numbers his entire career, not just with the current guys around him. Even when injured, and with the crap line he has had over the years. I am not saying he is the only QB who could do so well with the offense he is in, I am saying to identify Brown and Bell as the only factors for the Steelers this year success is folly; QB's like Roethlisberger, like any other quality QB, will just find other guys to make plays. Remember, Bryant, the rookie, has 7 touchdowns. Heath has some, etc. so the ball is spread around.

They have lost to some teams they should have beaten, which holds true for any team during every season. And they also beat some quality teams soundly. Typical NFL tick and tack. Are they the best team in the AFC North right now? The way they have been playing, I would argue yes. They have gotten it together at just the right time when it counts. Can they progress in the playoffs, why not? Their defense is not what it used to be, but a few big plays can turn the tables - as can Ben R., that is what he is known for. I am not overly confident in the long run, but I am confident they can beat both the Bengals and the Colts, especially at home.

As for who represent the AFC North in the postseason, I want whoever wins to go all the way. Whether it be the Bengals or the Steelers this year. And that goes for next year, whoever that may be. After all, it is arguably the toughest division in the league.
    while id agree that BR is a good, or even great, QB, the distinction of calling out Bell and Brown is because Bell is second in the league at YAC and Brown is 5th. with that kind of special talent creating yards after the initial play I cant give credit to the QB for it. yes I think even a colt mccoy could hand out the ball and let them do what they do to a similar degree. does that mean colt is equal to BR? of course not, but it does mean that those players are quite talented and help the QB more than the QB helps them, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    while id agree that BR is a good, or even great, QB, the distinction of calling out Bell and Brown is because Bell is second in the league at YAC and Brown is 5th. with that kind of special talent creating yards after the initial play I cant give credit to the QB for it. yes I think even a colt mccoy could hand out the ball and let them do what they do to a similar degree. does that mean colt is equal to BR? of course not, but it does mean that those players are quite talented and help the QB more than the QB helps them, imo.
    Exactly. That's why I hate QB yardage as a metric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I know we all hate the Steelers.
    But look at them again...
    They are beating the better teams.
    When it comes to the playoffs...who will they be playing?
    It seems they play up to their competition.
    And they can score some points and in a hurry with those receivers.
    And they know how to make turnovers and they can certainly run the ball, which is what you must do in December and playoff time.
    They have an aging defense that remembers what it was like a few years ago to dominate.
    Remind you of any Ravens' team recently??
    Look, if they beat the Bengals and have a home playoff game, I can certainly see them winning at home...taking their act on the road and upsetting a team like the Broncos if they hit Peyton early and often and hit a couple home runs with Brown and Bryant...running the ball through them with Bell.
    What they are doing on their Oline is having a bunch of guys who want to brawl and will beat you up over 4 quarters.
    They do not stop until the whistle blows.
    By the 4th quarter, Bell has running lanes and is a big back.
    First, I would like to respectfully suggest that this is only a game, and should not make anyone ill. Second, the Steelers have a very good QB, let's all say it. This is the most important position in the NFL and they have one of the best, playing at a high level right now. If they make a run at the postseason it will be because of that, despite their other weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Agreed, but I would still put BR as about the 5th or 6th best QB is the league. I think the top four are pretty clearly Manning (though he may be on his way out), Brady, Brees, Rodgers (not necessarily in that order). BR is in the second tier, IMO, below those top four with a few others. I could argue back and forth with varying ones being the best of that second tier... I personally might not put him as best in the 2nd tier, maybe 2nd, but he's still probably number 6 or so.

As for who I'd be rooting for, certainly NOT the Steelers, unless they play the Patriots. if it was Steelers and Patriots in the AFCCG, I would grudgingly root for the Steelers, because I might hate 'em, but I dislike Brady and especially the Cheatriots more.

And then I'll root for the Steelers to get their butts kicked in the Superbowl :D

Blog Entries

Le'Veon Bell isn't carrying this team? Has anyone actually watched the Steelers this year? Bell is on an entirely different level than pretty much any other back in the NFL.

Bell hits the hole better than any other back in the NFL right now and it's not even close. Yes, Marshawn breaks a lot of tackles and runs hard, but Bell just decisively hits the correct hole more often than not and he doesn't take a lot of big shots. He's a smart and patient runner with elite size and outstanding speed/burst.

Roethlisberger wouldn't be having the season he is having without Bell.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.