Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I am not willing to pay Torrey Smith a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    FWIW... if you are running a simple in route on dry turf, you slip b/c you don't know what the hell you're doing with your feet, hips, arms and shoulders
    His movements are so non fluid. It's like his joints have braces on them that prevent anything but straight line movement

Offering Torrey a fair-market deal would be a commitment to mediocrity IMO, but I hope these 10 (and maybe 1 or 2 more vs. CLE) prices him out of town.
    It remind me of the Oher situation last year. A guy who seemed to be someone that the organization absolutely loved, and therefore we feared that they would overpay him, but fortunately they didn't.

I see the same happening to Torrey.

Also, after seeing how bad our offense has been after Forsett's injury, I'm starting to think he (Forsett) is pretty important to re-sign.

Blog Entries

Seriously, even when the man TRIES to get physical with the DB downfield, he pushes himself off his own route trying to push the DB off of him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That's ok, because the Raiders will.
    I have this feeling that he would light it up in Denver or Green Bay, much like Emmanuel Sanders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    His movements are so non fluid. It's like his joints have braces on them that prevent anything but straight line movement
    It's like Forrest Gump trying to learn how to run away from bullies.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

FWIW... if you are running a simple in route on dry turf, you slip b/c you don't know what the hell you're doing with your feet, hips, arms and shoulders
    I noted this in the game thread. He doesn't know how to throttle down and explode in and out of cuts like the good ones do. I'm not expecting Isaac Bruce, but to slip and fall like he did on that in route was pathetic. High school receivers are taught to keep their feet under themselves when going in and out of breaks. He always seems off balance, which seems counter intuitive for an athlete like him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    I have this feeling that he would light it up in Denver or Green Bay, much like Emmanuel Sanders.
    I don't know, man. I don't see it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    It remind me of the Oher situation last year. A guy who seemed to be someone that the organization absolutely loved, and therefore we feared that they would overpay him, but fortunately they didn't.

I see the same happening to Torrey.

Also, after seeing how bad our offense has been after Forsett's injury, I'm starting to think he (Forsett) is pretty important to re-sign.
    Paying 30 year old RBs not a way to go. I'd rather draft Melvin Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. The front office probably thinks Torrey is a number 1.
    I doubt it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seriously, even when the man TRIES to get physical with the DB downfield, he pushes himself off his own route trying to push the DB off of him.
    He tried yesterday and they called him for a PI. Pathetic call, even both announcers agreed.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Paying 30 year old RBs not a way to go. I'd rather draft Melvin Gordon.
    Then you won't be able to draft a WR or CB in the first round, but fair enough, Gordon could be BPA.

But I don't think Forsett will be expensive, plus he has little wear and tear.

Blog Entries

Ozzie will let Torrey test the market and if he gets an offer they'll decide if it's right player right price kind of money or to high for his services.

However, there is one more angle to consider. Before 2011 the Ravens always lacked someone that could take to top off the defense. Boldin and Mason were great receivers, but they were more possession guys. The Ravens don't win in 2012 without Torrey and Jacoby. These two guys are frustrating no doubt, but speed guys are needed in any proficient offense. Plus, what's the point of having a big armed QB if no one can get down field.

Jacoby isn't even a #3 receiver so that only leaves Torrey as the speed guy. If not Torrey then are we really prepared to go Steve Smith, Marlon Brown, Kamar Aiken in 2015?