Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: We don't deserve to make the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianraven View Post
    The only AFC teams that deserve to make the playoffs are the Broncos, Patriots and Colts.
    Not today's Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    We are who we think we are. We are not a playoff deserving team and even if we get into the playoffs, we most likely would lose in round 1. Frankly, I would rather have the higher draft pick, because we have so many needs.

The bigger question is Joe Flacco ever going to return to 2012 post season form or was that an anomaly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Anomaly. Got hot at precisely the right time. The stars aligned perfectly for him. That is a once in a career thing for him, in my opinion. The mental part of the game isn't there for him to be consistent over the long haul. And yea, a monster receiver would help him.

Frankly, I would rather have the higher draft pick, because we have so many needs.
    Why, so we can pick 20th instead of 21st? Yeah, like that's a meaningful difference.

If you're rooting for this team to miss the playoffs because of that, you can go ahead and stop calling yourself a fan right now. Fans ALWAYS root for their teams to win when something is at stake - no exceptions, no excuses.

Yeah, I like watching Ravens games, so when they make the playoffs, I am blessed with the opportunity to watch at least one more game.

Please don't question my fandom. I am not only a fan, but a PSL paying fan, so I have a financial interest in seeing them win. My preference at this point, is to see them get a higher draft pick and if they are in the playoffs, yes, their draft position will be lower. If you don't agree, then say so, but I take offense to anyone questioning my loyalty to the Ravens. There can only be one winner at the end of the day and 31 other teams go home losers. If I thought we had an honest chance at a Super Bowl, then I would feel differently. However, to lose to a 7-7 team like that is pitiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    The Panthers, Falcons, and Saints don't deserve to make the playoffs either, but one of them will.
    Deserves got nothing to do with it

NFL fans are dumb. This thread is exhibit A. This thread exists in some form on literally every message board of every losing team today.

Guess what, if the Ravens make the playoffs, they deserve to make the playoffs. Who gives a shit how they get there. Just get there like in 2012 and see what happens. Didn't we get stomped by the Texans in 2012?

Also, have any of you ever watched Joe Flacco before? He has a few absolutely awful games every year. Then he comes out, gets hot and carries the team for a few games. This isn't anything new.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    NFL fans are dumb. This thread is exhibit A. This thread exists in some form on literally every message board of every losing team today.

Guess what, if the Ravens make the playoffs, they deserve to make the playoffs. Who gives a shit how they get there. Just get there like in 2012 and see what happens. Didn't we get stomped by the Texans in 2012?

Also, have any of you ever watched Joe Flacco before? He has a few absolutely awful games every year. Then he comes out, gets hot and carries the team for a few games. This isn't anything new.
    I'm guessing you didn't read the thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Anomaly. Got hot at precisely the right time. The stars aligned perfectly for him. That is a once in a career thing for him, in my opinion. The mental part of the game isn't there for him to be consistent over the long haul. And yea, a monster receiver would help him.
    Were Brady, Peyton etc all mental football geniuses in year 7?

No. that shit takes time. not saying they aren't better, but all of these so called "passion" and "mental" trails are not easily quantifiable, if at all.

If he was not able to do such things he would not be able to be the Qb of a team that hasn't had a losing season under his helm.

Please don't question my fandom. I am not only a fan, but a PSL paying fan, so I have a financial interest in seeing them win. My preference at this point, is to see them get a higher draft pick and if they are in the playoffs, yes, their draft position will be lower. If you don't agree, then say so, but I take offense to anyone questioning my loyalty to the Ravens. There can only be one winner at the end of the day and 31 other teams go home losers. If I thought we had an honest chance at a Super Bowl, then I would feel differently. However, to lose to a 7-7 team like that is pitiful.
    Take all of the offense you want, I stand by what I said.

The entire point of being a fan is to root for your team to win and have success, right? Even when the odds are against us? Even when we're coming off a bad loss? Yes, of course it is. I don't care if we don't "deserve" it, I don't care if we're worse than the 08 Lions - none of that matters. If we're in a position to make the playoffs, we root for our favorite team to win and advance. That should be obvious, but apparently it isn't.

The only time it's even remotely excusable to root for your team to lose is in an Andrew Luck situation, and we're about a million miles away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Awesome. Favorite line from favorite scene from one of my favorite movies.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post

See the Devnver game in 2012. They started a whole "Flaccoing" thing with laying on the field face down. That was a low point and could have been a career defining moment for him. BUT HE DIDN'T LET IT HAPPEN.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."