Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mental Toughness

Very concerned. Second year in a row that we held our destiny in our hand the last 2 weeks only to completely wet the bed...not just losing, but getting our asses kicked.

We won these types of games in the regular season when Ed and Ray were here. Not used to this at all...I mean we weren't competitive last year in those last 2 games and we weren't today either.

Where's the leadership with the players? Do we even have any real leaders?

Harbaugh is going to have to have some answers ready for Bisciotti in their meeting in Florida after the season.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Mental Toughness

Woodlawn,
    I was sorta asking this same question (leadership) on my Outcoached and outplayed thread. I've read a lot of debate over the years about, the players are pros and need to motivate themselves v. the coaches need to get the team "ready to play" v. this guy or that is the leader of the team v. different guys lead in different ways, etc. etc. It's pretty obvious that the Ravens miss the Ray Lewis-style leadership.

As I posted in the game thread, I feel, rightly or wrongly, that this Offense appears SOFT to me. For whatever reason, they just don't seem to play with any urgency or fire ...
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 12-21-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

One word...LEADERSHIP

For that matter, I could stand to see a little more on this board. A little too much Johnny Fontaine for my taste the past few hours.

BS

Where was this lack of mental toughness the first 15 weeks of the season? We've overcome a ton of adversity just to get to this point.

I would have expected a void in leadership to show up in during the Ray Rice fiasco. That was the perfect time for a team with no leadership or mental toughness to cave in but instead they're still in it with a game to go.

Today? The game-planning and execution was the obvious culprit and no amount of rousing speeches was going to win this game.

Blog Entries

there really hasn't been any on this team this whole season I have been saying this since week one and I haven't stopped. Ray called it a while back and it is very true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Where was this lack of mental toughness the first 15 weeks of the season? We've overcome a ton of adversity just to get to this point.
    Not really. They beat bad teams to get to this point.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GaT-
    A fair question. My thought is, where was it today, at least on the offense, as well as last week in the 1st half? The Ravens D seems to be good, but they aren't able to carry this team like the defense from 2000. Obviously the secondary has dealt with a lot of issues and injuries, but the focus may be more appropriately shined on the offense. Flacco's and the offense's play today left more than a lot to be desired, and to look as listless and mentally "soft" or uninspired or pick another term as they did against Houston was pathetic, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    One word...LEADERSHIP
    i feel like we've been here before??
    Oh wait, we have!!
    http://forum.russellstreetreport.com...ht=#post842446

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

We dont have any leadership. And thats a problem.

On D who do we have to respect? Suggs? Hes mostly a joker. Grandpa daryl? Hes never been much and is gone. Doom? Hes never been vocal or a leader. Hopefully Mosley can turn into it. Or Hill. Cause those are the 2 that will be here long term and have the skils for people to listen. But thats it really. Hopefully we draft Vic Beasley. Hes a leader on that D. And he has the skills hopefully him and Mosley with some help from Hill can get the D turned around next year.

On offense. Sr is outspoken. But drops as many as he catches and really im done with him. We have enough 2s on this team. Id rather save the money and cut him now to be honest. Hell be 36 and damn if thats the best we can give Joe its pathetic. Dump him. Its done. Torrey has zero leadership and unless he takes a small contract he shouldnt be here either. The rest are lineman or young. Joe we know isnt going to be that leader and thats ok. Forsett will prob be back but he isnt a leader. We reslly have noone on offense. Hell id rather put the money up and get Dez at least hes fired up and tries to fire up his team mates! Otherwise i dunno. We wint have one and the O will keep floundering no matter what. Sigh.