Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Terrance West or Taliaferro?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Beware Wisconsin RB's. They have such a friendly system for RBs they are almost sure to be overvalued. We have seen several can't-miss RBs miss in recent years, while lower round guys have excelled.

Good point about the system which is why someone posted above that Kubes shouild pick the RB so he'd get the
    guy who can see things quickly and fits into the system. BTW, if Forsett signs elsewhere will he do as well in
    a totally different system? I don't think so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Good point about the system which is why someone posted above that Kubes shouild pick the RB so he'd get the guy who can see things quickly and fits into the system. BTW, if Forsett signs elsewhere will he do as well in a totally different system? I don't think so.
    Oh, you and Hot have tweaked my mental activity. I believe the (Kubiak) system has made Forsett the RB he is in 2014. I say resign him, to a reasonable contract, then do not draft a early, if at all... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Oh, you and Hot have tweaked my mental activity. I believe the (Kubiak) system has made Forsett the RB he is in 2014. I say resign him, to a reasonable contract, then do not draft a early, if at all... Bc
    I agree. It should not take a lot of money to sign Forsett. He's a good player for a bargain price. Picking up someone who becomes a dominant RB would be great, but it's a crap shoot and they have greater needs. But if the BPA strategy is adhered to, then it's as likely a RB as anything else.

Blog Entries

Great idea BC but we might not be able to fit him in under the CAP. This is his last chance at his age
    for a Kruger type contract based on one year. He's waited his entire life for this moment but I sure
    hope we can sign him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I agree. It should not take a lot of money to sign Forsett. He's a good player for a bargain price. Picking up someone who becomes a dominant RB would be great, but it's a crap shoot and they have greater needs. But if the BPA strategy is adhered to, then it's as likely a RB as anything else.
    I dunno, man. Kruger got a big payday based on 1 year, actually, a half year after Suggs came back. He did
    nothing until then or since his big payday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Great idea BC but we might not be able to fit him in under the CAP. This is his last chance at his age
    for a Kruger type contract based on one year. He's waited his entire life for this moment but I sure
    hope we can sign him.
    Trap, Forsett has played for the Seahawks, Texans, Jaguars, and now the Ravens. He's gonna be 30 next October. This is his very best opportunity (in Baltimore) to continue his productivity. Of course $ has a lot to do with it, but my (expanding) gut feeling is that he wants back with the Ravens... Bc

Blog Entries

Great to hear. Hope youre right and he deserves a big raise. Hope he gets it here. I've just seen too many go
    with far less to be as optimistic as you.

Would rather have West. Not a big Lorenzo fan. There's a reason that I think we draft a RB in say the second round next year. Don't think Lorenzo can be a #1 on a Super Bowl Team

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If it was me I'd take West. Taliaferro is a good big back but I don't see him as #1 back type potential because he doesn't seem to have any break away speed. West is more well rounded. Both have a long way to go before they really become what they'll ultimately be in the NFL.
    Thanks for saving me a lot of hunt and peck. Taliaferro seems very heavy-footed to me.

Blog Entries

I'd also take west. He has starter ability written on him. Well rounded. Tali is a thumper and change of pace kind of back. Not one you can rely on to be your #1. West showed he at least has the ability as he was their 1 for quite a few weeks.

I say put aside your energy in finding a draft pick or even resigning Forsett, the Ravens need to focus on keeping Kubiak's system here. Whoever they place back there in this offense will make a name for themselves. Pay Kubiak or pay his apprentice = probowl RB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'd also take west. He has starter ability written on him. Well rounded. Tali is a thumper and change of pace kind of back.

Sounds about right at this point. We'll see if he can start.

Not one you can rely on to be your #1. West showed he at least has the ability as he was their 1 for quite a few weeks.

But not in the last couple of weeks. He's tired already from all those yards accumulated in college. He doesn't have that much more yardage than Tali compared to all his starts and Tali filling in for people but
    we'll see. According to link above, West has slowed down considerably.

Terrance West rushed five times for 23 yards in the Browns' Week 15 loss to the Bengals.
    For the second-straight week, West actually got the "start" over Isaiah Crowell, but it again proved ceremonial. The duo rotated, and Crowell out-touched West 7-5, out-gaining him 27-23.

The link above says Tali had in impressive rookie start.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-20-2014 at 09:37 PM.