Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: At This Point, Why Not Ed Reed?

A few weeks ago I asked the same question. Though at the time I was not thinking CB, but rather as a FS. My thinking was I was more concerned about getting Elam off the field and pairing Reed with Hill. That would give QBs more to think about and might buy the pass rush an extra half second here and there, and give the often-burnt CBs another fraction of a second to recover. And to me that would be the worst that would happen, as no way would Reed tackle worse than Elam; and Reed was a horrible tackler at the end.

Hill would have to play up in the box more, but at the expense of removing Elam and Stewart and Co. it's a tradeoff I'd be OK with unless Hill really can't do the job up in there.

Anyway, it's not going to happen; but you could have plausibly built a non-joking case for the move a month ago. Now it's probably too late because of the waves it would likely make.

Blog Entries

With this front 7 Reed might not be a bad option given his instincts. Look at some of the ducks thrown up for grabs that have burnt this secondary. He plays center field and that is it... Don't even ask him to play the run. He comes in on passing downs and last minute 4th qtr drives that continue to haunt the secondary. What is the worst that can happen, he gives up a lame duck pass to Sanu or Green... O that is right, already happening

Blog Entries

Might as well pick up Ronnie Lott while were at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Might as well pick up Ronnie Lott while were at it...
    Cue the next Champ Bailey thread...
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Is he in shape?

Hell...cue the next Chris McAlister thread...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Is he in shape?
    Here's my math on all those guys. In June, the Ravens could have signed Ed Reed or Champ Bailey, and knowing whatever they know about those guys, they opted to sign Dominique Franks instead. Then they released him before the start of the season.

Then in October, with Reed and Bailey et al still sitting out there, the opted instead to re-sign Dominique Franks. They subsequently released him in November, and he is still hanging out there, waiting by the phone.

So as we are scraping down through the scum that lines the bottom of the defensive back barrel, the layer of Dominique Franks apparently lies on top of the Ed Reed/Champ Bailey layer. Using that logic, I would not expect to see Ed or Champ in purple until after DF has been signed again and then is placed on IR.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Where's Prime Time Sanders?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

It's Pees fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Love me some Reed, but I'd be more excited to hear he was coaching up some of the young guys at practice or hosting a video session to go over game tape. Maybe he could make some of this **** we're throwing out there in the secondary a little bit stickier.

Ed at his best over the last few years couldn't tackle. If you're not going to have guys who can prevent the other guys from catching the ball, you better have someone who can tackle at least some of the time.

He doesn't have the speed to play centerfield, and can't tackle my grandmother well enough to be the last line of defense. (And BTW, my grandmother passed away in 2001.)
    Are you talking about Elam too.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Where's Prime Time Sanders?
    Is he in shape?