Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A third Bush in the White House?

Republican Jeb Bush looking at a run for POTUS, will the American people make that happen? He be a good challenger against any democrat and has the family name to bank on(meaning plenty of donations also). If the past elections showed anything, the democrats have taken a hit and it's a good chance for a well respected republican to get in the White House.

Blog Entries

Re: A third Bush in the White House?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Republican Jeb Bush looking at a run for POTUS, will the American people make that happen? He be a good challenger against any democrat and has the family name to bank on(meaning plenty of donations also). If the past elections showed anything, the democrats have taken a hit and it's a good chance for a well respected republican to get in the White House.
    Is he well respected?

honestly W tarnished that name to the point of no return imo. HW I always thought was a good president, so i guess the hope would be that he fell closer to the tree than W, which maybe he has?

Im not really sure whos coming out of the republican party. I always liked Ron Paul, but Rand also seems to have not fallen very closely to his fathers tree so to speak. He may be my favorite of the republican candidates though. If it is indeed Hilary for the democrats shes going to be hard to beat no matter who they put out there.

Id like to see an actual 3 headed debate like the Ross perot/Nader days with Gary Johnson. If people actually saw what he had to say I think hed take a lot more votes.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Is he well respected?

honestly W tarnished that name to the point of no return imo. HW I always thought was a good president, so i guess the hope would be that he fell closer to the tree than W, which maybe he has?

Im not really sure whos coming out of the republican party. I always liked Ron Paul, but Rand also seems to have not fallen very closely to his fathers tree so to speak. He may be my favorite of the republican candidates though. If it is indeed Hilary for the democrats shes going to be hard to beat no matter who they put out there.

Id like to see an actual 3 headed debate like the Ross perot/Nader days with Gary Johnson. If people actually saw what he had to say I think hed take a lot more votes.
    People have short memories and the republican motto is "don't look back". Hillary isn't the right choice, too much baggage, which the tea party will point out. Hell , the republicans will use it. Thought Christy was a good choice until the hiway problem, but he has time(remember people have short memories). Guess we'll have to wait and see which candidate gets elected,( I mean supported by big money). The political machines will weed out the losers and give us the politicians they want us to vote for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Is he well respected?

honestly W tarnished that name to the point of no return imo.
    LOL - Ain't that the truth. That bastard cost me $25Gs in one day when the market crashed in 08. One of the first
    things he did was remove the controls off the banks. Then they went wild and caused the biggest depression in
    80 years. Actually, W tried to put the controls back on but the DEMs in congress blocked it knowing that was their key to the front door of the White HOuse. W warned them what was coming. Damn, DEMs. Damn Bush.

There's a funny line in Oliver Stone's movie W where his dad visits him in the oval office and said you f*cked up 150 years of planning to get Jeb in here. That is so true, the only time Stone was ever right in one of his movies.

As for the upcoming race, don't count Hilly out. I said she'd be back in after she told Barbara Walters over the
    summer that she wasn't running. She's now making overtures again like she wants to run.

She will but OBY has destroyed the DEMs according to the last election losing the Senate and
    3 guv houses in heavily blue states including ours. Almost every dem that ran lost - thanks to OBY. They
    didn't even want him coming to their rallies. They totally distanced themselves from him, except of course
    the dem running for guv of MD and O'Malley ruined it for him like OBY did for the rest of the country.

It's all over the immigration speech and what he did over the summer, the economy, and everything he has
    done.

The only thing he got right was the sanctions vs Russia. It's why gas prices have dropped from $3.65 to $2.54
    yesterday but OBY will go down as worse president ever with W as #2 and Carter #3.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-16-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Jeb won't be able to make it to the White House if he continues with his plan to distance himself from conservative/tea party types in the R primary.

Blog Entries

(In my Sonny Corleone voice). No! No!! No!!! No more Bushes, no more Clintons.

Blog Entries

Actually, I would like to see Ron Paul, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders run. They seem like they aren't in bed with big money.

Blog Entries

Ditto but not sure if he has electability to even gain the nomination for reasons you mentioned - money. Rove still
    controls the purse strings and the machine. I bet his choice is Christi of NJ. He tried to get him in when Mitt was
    campaigning. Rove knew Mitt was a bad campaigner and proved it vs OBY not putting him away on Benghazi when
    he ad the chance. He lacked the killer instinct. Even Nixon beat Kennedy in the debate on killer instincts but lost
    because of his ugly looks. The women loved JFK like they did OBY.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Actually, I would like to see Ron Paul, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders run. They seem like they aren't in bed with big money.
    This.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    People have short memories and the republican motto is "don't look back". Hillary isn't the right choice, too much baggage, which the tea party will point out. Hell , the republicans will use it. Thought Christy was a good choice until the hiway problem, but he has time(remember people have short memories). Guess we'll have to wait and see which candidate gets elected,( I mean supported by big money). The political machines will weed out the losers and give us the politicians they want us to vote for.
    Yep. I'm lost almost all hope in the US government. Big business decides which candidates make it through. We really don't a choice anymore.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Right. So lets pick people who have some truly bad policies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Right. So lets pick people who have some truly bad policies.
    What policies are you referring to?