Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021

Thread: If Pees goes...

Blog Entries

Re: If Pees goes...

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I never said anything about Pees, so I don't think pointing at my post as an illustration of a double standard is fair. My post doesn't represent any double standard. Find someone who blasted Pees AND defended Kubiak, then maybe you'll have something, but that wasn't me. YOUR post displays a more inherent double standard than mine, as you go on in approximately equal parts being dismissive of Kubiak and defensive of Pees. I didn't say a word about the defense in my post, I didn't blame them or dismiss them. I was merely responding to a post in which Pees was being defended while Kubiak was thrown under the bus, yeah? So why is it not a double standard when a Pees defender makes backhanded comments about Kubiak, but it IS somehow a double standard when someone who never even criticized Pees comes to refute those criticisms of Kubiak?
    Sigh. This thread and the other are filled with lunacy. You have a couple guys who defend pees and attack anyone else. Unless it's those couple guys. Than you have the other side which is most of the board who are trying to use facts, common sense, and anything else to help those couple posters realize their mistake. Than you have a couple posters like yourself that just get caught in the cross fire.

Honestly during the "fire cam" days we had th e same. There were a few guys that said it wasn't his fault he just didn't have the tools needed and attacked Torrey and Joe and twisted stats to support their position. We have the same thing now with the pro pees crowd.

Anways. Don't worry. They're not attacking you. They're delusional and attack anyone that doesn't say Hail Dean before their post. Lol

Blog Entries

Dean Pees is not a good D coordinator for Baltimore. Plain and Simple. Majority here will not settle for bend but don't break. Take Ray out of the equation in 2012 and I really believe that this team does not make it past Indy at home. If they did, no way Denver without Peytons' kryponite lurking the middle. Just my o2

3. Re: If Pees goes...

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    You can't have it both ways. It's either Pees is bad. Or Oz is and doesn't give him good players. But for many years we had a top 5 D. Now we don't so who's fault is it? Take your pick and make a stand.
    You're right. Someone deserves the blame for our defense falling all the way to 6th in points.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    You're right. Someone deserves the blame for our defense falling all the way to 6th in points.
    Can hardly wait for the Ravens to lose so the Pees haters can ramp it up. If we lose, hope it's the defenses fault, oh who am I kidding, every loss is Pees fault. Pees needs to suit up and get in that secondary, show every one what he can do. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I never said anything about Pees, so I don't think pointing at my post as an illustration of a double standard is fair. My post doesn't represent any double standard. Find someone who blasted Pees AND defended Kubiak, then maybe you'll have something, but that wasn't me. YOUR post displays a more inherent double standard than mine, as you go on in approximately equal parts being dismissive of Kubiak and defensive of Pees. I didn't say a word about the defense in my post, I didn't blame them or dismiss them. I was merely responding to a post in which Pees was being defended while Kubiak was thrown under the bus, yeah? So why is it not a double standard when a Pees defender makes backhanded comments about Kubiak, but it IS somehow a double standard when someone who never even criticized Pees comes to refute those criticisms of Kubiak?
    I meant the double standards of the board in general, not you specifically. My point was that everyone is (rightly) giving kudos to Kubes for improving our offense. When they have a bad day against a bad team no one is calling for his head.

But when Pees has a great day against a bad team everyone talks about how it was only against a bad team, and a good team would have killed us.

And then, God forbid, the D has a bad day against a very good offense (SD) and people call for his head.

There are multiple Fire Pees threads and no Fire Kubes threads. That's the double standard I was referring to. It wasn't personal.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I meant the double standards of the board in general, not you specifically. My point was that everyone is (rightly) giving kudos to Kubes for improving our offense. When they have a bad day against a bad team no one is calling for his head.

But when Pees has a great day against a bad team everyone talks about how it was only against a bad team, and a good team would have killed us.

And then, God forbid, the D has a bad day against a very good offense (SD) and people call for his head.

There are multiple Fire Pees threads and no Fire Kubes threads. That's the double standard I was referring to. It wasn't personal.
    The Ravens have way more top draft picks and salary tied up in the defense. The defense has better players than the offense. Yet, using Football Outsiders DVOA stat, the offense is ranked 7th and the defense is ranked 12th.

Kubes is doing more with less. If the offense has a bad day, I understand, because we have a pretty weak collection of WR's, TE's, and RB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    The Ravens have way more top draft picks and salary tied up in the defense. The defense has better players than the offense. Yet, using Football Outsiders DVOA stat, the offense is ranked 7th and the defense is ranked 12th.

Kubes is doing more with less. If the offense has a bad day, I understand, because we have a pretty weak collection of WR's, TE's, and RB's.
    More expensive does not equal better. Is Webby playing like an $8MM cornerback?

Same with high draft position. Can you make an argument that Matt Elam is making Pees job easier?

We do have a lot of studs on defense, and the front seven might be the overall best in the league. But we have a lot of duds too. Who's the worst football player on the starting offense? Zuttah maybe? And how much better is he, just as a football player, than every single player in our secondary?

I don't know how exactly you quantify it, but if I said Zuttah is ten times better as a center than Darian Stewart is as a safety, would you argue with me? Our collection of RBs, WRs, and TEs is not nearly as bad as our collection of CBs and Ss.
    "Chin up, chest out."

More expensive does not equal better. Is Webby playing like an $8MM cornerback?

Same with high draft position. Can you make an argument that Matt Elam is making Pees job easier?

We do have a lot of studs on defense, and the front seven might be the overall best in the league. But we have a lot of duds too. Who's the worst football player on the starting offense? Zuttah maybe? And how much better is he, just as a football player, than every single player in our secondary?

I don't know how exactly you quantify it, but if I said Zuttah is ten times better as a center than Darian Stewart is as a safety, would you argue with me? Our collection of RBs, WRs, and TEs is not nearly as bad as our collection of CBs and Ss.
    All valid points. But I think our starting RB and TE (Forsett and Daniels) are basically scrap heap players that are doing well because of good O-line and QB play.

And we got 14 games out of Asa and Jimmy Smith, along with 14 games out of Webb, and 8 games from Will Hill, who are all legit NFL players. That's really not bad for a secondary. It's just that our SS and Nickel CB's have been crap. We're not in good shape now due to injuries of course.

Zuttah I like, so I'm not sure who our worst offensive player is. If "#1 WR" is a position, then Steve Smith is probably near the bottom of the league, even though I love what he brings to the team. SS Sr and Torrey are one of the weaker starting WR combos.

Blog Entries

When Kubes starts calling plays like Cam than I am sure he will be on the topic as well. All though I do not see that happening. The problem is Pees mentality is not "Play like a Raven" not physical and not what Baltimore fans want. How many 4th qtr comebacks have we allowed under Pees. I recall a time when fans were comfortable with a 6 point lead in the 4th qtr. and that is not even getting into the Flacco 4th qtr bail outs because he is Joe "Cool". As pointed out Kubes does not have a Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, and still manages to call decent games. His post bye adjustments are seriously noticable. I know the secondary is suspect, but give that front 7 to an aggressive coordinator and Rivers is on his back before he can pick apart the secondary.