Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 222324
    Blog Entries

Re: 2015 Roster & Salary Cap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nk02442 View Post
    Remember our 4th and 5th this year also got us Monroe. While he hasn't been great this year, getting a serviceable LT with a fairly cheap LT long term contract for some late picks is still coming out ahead.
    well technically we didnt get that with the picks, we paid for that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nk02442 View Post
    Good thing they got Terrance "doesn't attack the ball" Brooks instead of Donte Moncrief or Martavis Bryant.

Still can't complain with this draft. With Mosley, Jernigan, Camp (high hopes) and some guys who I think may pan out (Gillmore, Urschel, Urban and Tali) this might turn out to be the best draft in a long, long time.

Remember our 4th and 5th this year also got us Monroe. While he hasn't been great this year, getting a serviceable LT with a fairly cheap LT long term contract for some late picks is still coming out ahead.
    I think Brooks will eventually turn out to be a pretty good player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Brooks will eventually turn out to be a pretty good player.
    I hope so, and did atleast until that pay.

I worry he lacks the instinct to go after it, not a technique or skill issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I hope so! This way the Ravens can draft three more defensive players in the first three rounds. CB (1st), Safety (2nd), DT (3rd - to replace Ngata). Let the other teams score buckets of points with high powered WRs... Hmmm, can Ozzie squeeze in another ILB? ... Bc
    Hey Bc, I'll buy defensive players in rounds 1-3. But it'll be more like: 1st round ILB, 2nd round ILB, 3rd round DE (preferably one coming off an ACL tear and/or played at Alabama). In the 4th round they can draft an in-the-box safety without coverage skills.

I kid, I kid.

I would be shocked if the ravens drafted a WR who turned out to be an all pro, something they haven't done during their 18 year history. If they go WR it will be via free agency but only on two occasions has that strategy worked out well (Mason, Boldin). Not including Steve Smith because he's only been here a year. I expect them to go CB in round 1.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

FYI - Come this spring it will be 10 years since we paid anything close to top dollar for a UFA WR.

I reckon that a very heavy factor in that decision was having the 31st ranked passing offense (anchored by a bunch of bums not named Heap) the season before.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver