Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: steelers at ravens wild card round

I know. Planning is useless against those two. Teams are helpless to stop them. They could run Gronk in the same pattern very play, and mix everything else up. He will make plays no matter what. Watching Gronk play is like watching Godzilla wading through Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Don't overlook Brady, he and Gronk are playing in a league of their own right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I would love re-match with them fuckers to kick the shit outta them and send them home I fuckin hate the steelers and all they stand for with a passion!
    Just replace steelers with Ravens in the above and I would agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I would love re-match with them fuckers to kick the shit outta them and send them home I fuckin hate the steelers and all they stand for with a passion!
    :word

With our defensive issues, the Steelers are the second to last team I want to see in the playoffs. The other team is the Pats.

That match up equals doom for our secondary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    With our defensive issues, the Steelers are the second to last team I want to see in the playoffs. The other team is the Pats.

"Bend don't break" can work when the offense is rolling as has been said here before, but not against a top tier QB, like Rogers and Manning last year, (hell even McCown and Campbell), and Rivers and Ben this year. The offense needs to play lights-out as in the SB run, and like it did against NO last month when Brees racked up some serious yardage.

Without Pollard, Ed, and Ray making Brady and Gronk gun shy, and when he's allowed to control the tempo, it could make for a long afternoon in NE if Joe, the O-Line, and all the receivers aren't at the very top of their game; no margin for drops, interceptions, or blown O-Line assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    Personally I think Big Ben is more dangerous right now than Manning.
    Pitts. run game is stronger, which sets up the pass for BR and slows down our pass rush. Goober still has the better "touch."
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 12-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejmccon View Post
    Just replace steelers with Ravens in the above and I would agree.
    "Well ... isn't that special"

Church Lady

"Bend don't break" can work when the offense is rolling as has been said here before, but not against a top tier QB, like Rogers and Manning last year, (hell even McCown and Campbell), and Rivers and Ben this year.
    I'm pretty sure in 2012 we watched "bend don't break" work against Tom Brady and Peyton Manning on the road in the playoffs. It most certainly can work. That doesn't mean it will, but it definitely can.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm pretty sure in 2012 we watched "bend don't break" work against Tom Brady and Peyton Manning on the road in the playoffs. It most certainly can work. That doesn't mean it will, but it definitely can.
    As I said, I feel it certainly can as long as the offense steps up. Both of those games support what I said, like the offense stepping up and winning in Denver with the Mile High Miracle, or Reed in Brady's head down field and Pollard destroying Brady, Ridley and Gronk at every opportunity for the win in NE. Without those guys and that mentality now, the offense needs to step up or you'll get the same results like the last SD game when Flacco was very good but the team traded too many 7's for 3's, while Rivers exposed, (again), what a good QB can do to Pees D without Reed, Lewis and Pollard.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

The Steelers secondary sucks too and they have no pass rush, it would be a rare Ravens-Steelers shootout.

As I said, I feel it certainly can as long as the offense steps up. Both of those games support what I said, like the offense stepping up and winning in Denver with the Mile High Miracle, or Reed in Brady's head down field and Pollard destroying Brady, Ridley and Gronk at every opportunity for the win in NE. Without those guys and that mentality now, the offense needs to step up or you'll get the same results like the last SD game when Flacco was very good but the team traded too many 7's for 3's, while Rivers exposed, (again), what a good QB can do to Pees D without Reed, Lewis and Pollard.
    Well, we had a couple important picks in the Denver game.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood. You said it "can work...but not against a top-tier QB." If you're saying it can only work against a top-tier QB if the offense steps up, I agree.
    "Chin up, chest out."