Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is it possible that Ravens get 3 rookie QBs to end season

There are no cakewalks in the NFL, but is this as close a possibility to there being one? I guess if the Texans fall to Colts they may start Savage against us ....or not? What do you all think. Texans may be eliminated with a loss on Sunday. 3 rookie quarterbacks looking possible?

Re: Is it possible that Ravens get 3 rookie QBs to end season

The only way the Texans start anyone other than Fitsy would be because of injury.

Texans scenario sounds unlikely. Even though the Texans would have been eliminated via their expected loss to the Colts, ending at 9-7 or even 8-8 would be a nice-to-have.

I'm hoping for the likely scenario that all three remaining opponents would have been eliminated from playoff contention by gametime against the Ravens, potentially losing that extra motivation of playing harder for playoff eligibility.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The only way the Texans start anyone other than Fitsy would be because of injury.
    agreed; Savage has just recently become the backup and active on the roster. Not likely he'll move to starter

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Texans scenario sounds unlikely. Even though the Texans would have been eliminated via their expected loss to the Colts, ending at 9-7 or even 8-8 would be a nice-to-have.

I'm hoping for the likely scenario that all three remaining opponents would have been eliminated from playoff contention by gametime against the Ravens, potentially losing that extra motivation of playing harder for playoff eligibility.
    Browns are used to that and theyre just going to want something to hang their hat on for next year regardless. I think the move to Johnny symbolizes them giving up as far as playoffs are concerned, otherwise they would have sooner if it was to "spark" the offense. Id still expect a motivated team that week is all.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    agreed; Savage has just recently become the backup and active on the roster. Not likely he'll move to starter
    Yup. Zero chance of that happening. The Texans are focused on a winning season. They aren't going to throw in the towel just to play a late round rookie QB

Blog Entries

Even if the Ravens face 3 rookie QBs, I'm thinking that's offset by the fact that they Ravens are merely starting warm bodies in the secondary. I can't imagine Manziel won't be playing all out. Nothing is a given here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

I am looking forward to that last game. You know the Brownies are gonna come in here full bore to try and ruin our season if possible!

Tough remaining games no matter what the numbers say. Because:

Ravens have to be "one at a time" and mentally ready to go for each of these games.
    Jags are not as bad as record appears.
    Texans want that winning season and I expect they will want to showcase JJ for the MVP/DPOY race.
    Browns hate us, Pettine is a feisty good coach and will have them pissed off. I am sure they would love to play spoiler, and this is the best team they have had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Tough remaining games no matter what the numbers say. Because:

Jags are not as bad as record appears.
    Actually, they're worse. The Jags are on pace for a point differential of about -200, which is wretched.

Texans want that winning season and I expect they will want to showcase JJ for the MVP/DPOY race.
    And...how is that different from any other game on the Texans' schedule?

Browns hate us, Pettine is a feisty good coach and will have them pissed off. I am sure they would love to play spoiler, and this is the best team they have had in years.
    Okay. We get them at home, though, and we already beat them on the road. Besides, if they're more motivated to win after being eliminated than they were before, they have some serious problems..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Even if the Ravens face 3 rookie QBs, I'm thinking that's offset by the fact that they Ravens are merely starting warm bodies in the secondary. I can't imagine Manziel won't be playing all out. Nothing is a given here.
    Exactly. Especially given the fact that we are less than a season removed from losing to the likes of Rex Grossman, E.J. Manuel and Jason F. Campbell.

I'm pretty sure Johnny Manziel is going to want to play well to prove that he should have been the starter all along. He has been the subject of a lot of "wrong pick, the guy is a bust" commentary. I would rather the Ravens face Brian Hoyer. If Manziel gets out of the pocket and the Ravens' secondary is running around like chickens with their heads cut off anything can happen, including Elam and friends missing several tackles.