Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The final three games

are a different test than the last three when it was all respected teams. Two at the Bank, one away. The teams we'll be playing won't be big names or perennial winners - in fact it would be hard to select better teams to occupy the Brown Bag Gallery of NFL Shame. Yet, what a great exhibition of top draft picks we'll see! Even so, it'll be high stakes for us vs. nothing-to-lose for them. Their coaches will be pulling out all the stops to save their jobs. The Ravens are now EXPECTED to continue their dominance of weaker teams (a recent phenomenon for sure) and go 3-0. That's a classic example of easier said than done.

The opponents:
    Jax: Won't even try to sell drama here. Their will be no buyers. Last time they beat us in Jax and it was their Super Bowl. It seemed like they just wanted to show Ray they could ball and get some cool selfies. But this will be different. The Ravens will not be in the mood for cute this time.

Tex: They kicked our ass last time we played there but we'd all go on a little while later to enjoy the view of Lombardi and purple confetti. The Texans collapsed shortly thereafter and I don't really know why. We'll see the return of Kubes, which will make for same damn high drama. We get Monroe vs Clowney, Yanda vs Watt and even Wagner vs Simon. But I guess it really comes down to the pass rush and our secondary vs some real good receivers. Great game!

Believeland: Someone help me describing the Browns. Is it a mirage? Will we play the Browns after the inevitable collapse or after they keep winning and we are in a knife fight for the playoffs? I have no idea. Oh I feel obligated to mention Manziel (yawn).

So since the last such thread generated some light entertainment here's the final one ... Will we win all? Do we need to win all to enter festivus? What are your predictions?

I'll join the conventional wisdom here ... W-W-W ... and we'll enter the playoffs power ranked last the way we like it.

Re: The final three games

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    are a different test than the last three when it was all respected teams. Two at the Bank, one away. The teams we'll be playing won't be big names or perennial winners - in fact it would be hard to select better teams to occupy the Brown Bag Gallery of NFL Shame. Yet, what a great exhibition of top draft picks we'll see! Even so, it'll be high stakes for us vs. nothing-to-lose for them. Their coaches will be pulling out all the stops to save their jobs. The Ravens are now EXPECTED to continue their dominance of weaker teams (a recent phenomenon for sure) and go 3-0. That's a classic example of easier said than done.

The opponents:
    Jax: Won't even try to sell drama here. Their will be no buyers. Last time they beat us in Jax and it was their Super Bowl. It seemed like they just wanted to show Ray they could ball and get some cool selfies. But this will be different. The Ravens will not be in the mood for cute this time.

Tex: They kicked our ass last time we played there but we'd all go on a little while later to enjoy the view of Lombardi and purple confetti. The Texans collapsed shortly thereafter and I don't really know why. We'll see the return of Kubes, which will make for same damn high drama. We get Monroe vs Clowney, Yanda vs Watt and even Wagner vs Simon. But I guess it really comes down to the pass rush and our secondary vs some real good receivers. Great game!

Believeland: Someone help me describing the Browns. Is it a mirage? Will we play the Browns after the inevitable collapse or after they keep winning and we are in a knife fight for the playoffs? I have no idea. Oh I feel obligated to mention Manziel (yawn).

So since the last such thread generated some light entertainment here's the final one ... Will we win all? Do we need to win all to enter festivus? What are your predictions?

I'll join the conventional wisdom here ... W-W-W ... and we'll enter the playoffs power ranked last the way we like it.
    I believe we will win all 3, but I think we still make the playoffs if we lose 1 more. Btw, Clowney is done for the year.

If we win out, I am almost certain we are in. I say almost because of potential complications if NE, Denver and/or Indy fall out of first place. Otherwise, it is clear to me, based on remaining schedules for Pitt, Cincy and SD, that we would clinch at least the second wildcard (6th seed). Right now, I fully expect each of those three teams to lose at least one more game.

As fans, we can afford to look past this coming Sunday against the Jaguars. The Ravens players cannot.

I thought going into the San Diego game we'd run the table with the Houston road game being the big test with Johnson & Foster & Hopkins against the weak secondary. I'm still in a state of shock about SD especially the way the offense started out and we had two decent leads in the 4th quarter and the Ravens usually rule at home I guess the weather was too warm and SD showed up. I figured Miami was like a another home game. So I think we still win the next 3 games if we can pressure Houston's QB and keep him from getting the ball out

Beat Jacksonville

The Houston game is the toughest one. On the road and they have JJ Watt who is tough to handle. Houston is still in the playoff hunt which many would be surprised to hear. Every one of their games has been close. If the Ravens can't beat Jax and Cleveland at home they do not deserve to go to the playoffs. It would probably work out in the Ravens favor to play Manziel. They tend to do better against less disciplined QBs. Guys that can sit in the pocket can pick the secondary apart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Beat Jacksonville
    Agreed. Their pass rush can be pretty stout and a fumble can turn into a score. Just play your ball and beat the Jaguars; then move on. Not sure who our featured RB will be if Forsett is still hurt but we need to run the ball.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If they win out, they are in, that's a fact.

If they do win out, that probably wins the division. I see the Steelers losing a game down the stretch. Probably @ Atlanta, as they will have difficulty with Atlanta's passing game.

10-6 will get them in as a WC, probably the #5 seed. I think the Chargers get the #6 at 9-7. Note - if the Chiefs get the WC, that probably means they beat Pittsburgh, and then 10-6 might win the division.

Despite the success we've had, it just seems to me that every time we have the opportunity to control our destiny, we find a way to make it more difficult by losing one we shouldn't. I'm most nervous about Houston. They are not a bad team, but they are inconsistent. Hopkins/Johnson/Foster worry me. Watt worries me.

Cleveland worries me a little because they're a division rival and have a good defense. While I don't think Manziel will have a bright future, I do worry that he could replace Hoyer that week and the Ravens don't have any NFL tape on him.

Not worried about Jags.

Having said all that, I think at worst we go 2-1. We could lose either Houston or Cleveland, but I definitely don't think both. But 2-1 means we need a little help elsewhere.

Blog Entries

If we win these last three and wind up 11-5, this would be considered a very successful season, IMO. And that's even if we are one and done in the playoffs. I had this down as an 8-8 or 9-7 season with no playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    If we win these last three and wind up 11-5, this would be considered a very successful season, IMO. And that's even if we are one and done in the playoffs. I had this down as an 8-8 or 9-7 season with no playoffs.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bmore 11 View Post
    Houston is still in the playoff hunt which many would be surprised to hear.
    At 7-6 they're alive at least until next Sunday, when they play @IND. Ya never know about intradivisional dogfights but the Irsays ought to be favored & a 7th loss would pretty much doom the One-Eyed Steers--at best for them, 3 other non-division-leading teams will have fewer losses (BAL, PGH, SD) & 4 others would be tied at 7-7 (BUF, MIA, CLE, KC). That's a lot of teams to climb over with only 2 weeks left.

If the Ravens can't beat Jax and Cleveland at home they do not deserve to go to the playoffs.
    Agreed.

It would probably work out in the Ravens favor to play Manziel. They tend to do better against less disciplined QBs. Guys that can sit in the pocket can pick the secondary apart.
    Also agreed. Hoyer has played well against Baltimore.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!