Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Did Asa do?

Blog Entries

Re: How Did Asa do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Can Tannehill even throw it downfield? I saw stat that he has the shortest average per pass in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That helps him with his stats but it sure isn't great for the team. Tannehill looks like Alex Smith only without the ability to run as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He, like the rest of the secondary wasn't challenged.

Going on a tangent here...Philbin should be fired for that pathetic gameplan today.

a...they never...ever challenged anybody downfield. Everything was either a screen, dump off or short crossing pattern. Did a single one of Tannehills passes travel 15 yards or more in the air? Shocking with the speed he has and our ragtag bunch back there that have blown coverages at will all season.

b...they had success running the ball the vast majority of the game, Haloti was out, they couldn't block our pass rushers...did they run the ball at all in the second half? A half they started with the ball and the lead at home?

Pathetic coaching...sometimes clowns like Philbin and his staff makes you really appreciate Harbaugh, even with his warts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have no idea what they were thinking. Soon as the game started my buddies and I were talking about how you can almost be guarateed that Wallace will catch a big pass this game, it was just how many.

well... that never happened and I have no idea why.

your second point is baffling as well. 10-0 lead and theyre running the ball all over us so they abandon it completely?

we have a thread saying our demise was exaggerated, but I think we were nearly gifted one yesterday by those horrible decisions. either one of those things didnt happen and I think this is a lot closer game to what was predicted, because frankly I wasnt expecting the running success, which now has to be a concern going forward.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I have no idea what they were thinking. Soon as the game started my buddies and I were talking about how you can almost be guarateed that Wallace will catch a big pass this game, it was just how many.

well... that never happened and I have no idea why.

your second point is baffling as well. 10-0 lead and theyre running the ball all over us so they abandon it completely?

we have a thread saying our demise was exaggerated, but I think we were nearly gifted one yesterday by those horrible decisions. either one of those things didnt happen and I think this is a lot closer game to what was predicted, because frankly I wasnt expecting the running success, which now has to be a concern going forward.
    Jab

I think some of the early success they had running was based on the defense we came out with. Probably expected more passing, so the defense may have been more geared to that. If I'm not mistaken, it appeared we made some adjustments, and they ran a few more times and got next to nothing? I think once they ran some, the coaches knew they had to nix that. When we knew they couldn't run, and the pass rush was so fierce, we could sit more on those short routes.

But yeah, the 'phins game plan was not the best I have ever seen...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Jab

I think some of the early success they had running was based on the defense we came out with. Probably expected more passing, so the defense may have been more geared to that. If I'm not mistaken, it appeared we made some adjustments, and they ran a few more times and got next to nothing? I think once they ran some, the coaches knew they had to nix that. When we knew they couldn't run, and the pass rush was so fierce, we could sit more on those short routes.

But yeah, the 'phins game plan was not the best I have ever seen...
    they ran the ball 3 times in the second half.

first one went for 10 yards. the next two were bottled up nicely. Im not sure I can deem that an adjustment for us vs them clearly not using it. Miller getting hurt probably didnt help that but they still abandoned it by most definition.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That helps him with his stats but it sure isn't great for the team. Tannehill looks like Alex Smith only without the ability to run as well.
    You couldn't be more wrong GOTA. Tannehill was a WR prior to shifting to QB while at Texas A&M. The dude can run. They just don't use that part of his skill set (for whatever reason).

Throwing down the field? I'm not too sure. I think he has the arm to do it. I think they watched San Diego dink and dunk down the field and figured they could do that too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong GOTA. Tannehill was a WR prior to shifting to QB while at Texas A&M. The dude can run. They just don't use that part of his skill set (for whatever reason).

Throwing down the field? I'm not too sure. I think he has the arm to do it. I think they watched San Diego dink and dunk down the field and figured they could do that too.
    Then they must have not seen the long plays that Rivers put on us, because both were effective that day, if not working together.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I know he can run. He's incredibly athletic. They just don't design the same running plays for him that they do for Alex Smith. When I wrote 'ability' I was referring to the system and not the player. I could see though how I wasn't clear.

Maybe they stayed away from bombs out of respect for Pearl Harbor day

Sent from my iPhone usingo Tapatalkplp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I know he can run. He's incredibly athletic. They just don't design the same running plays for him that they do for Alex Smith. When I wrote 'ability' I was referring to the system and not the player. I could see though how I wasn't clear.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He did have two fairly long completions called back due to some phantom lineman down field calls. And I think the sacks and hurries were intended to be longer throws that didn't develop. This has been their MO all season. They have a strong D, so maybe run and short pass is to take advantage of the D and TOP. Or maybe it's the issues with the O-line that they know protection wouldn't hold up long enough to complete a 25 yard route.

Back to the lineman down field calls - this might have been the worst refereed game I've seen this year. Those were all suspect, that false start on Zuttah was horrible, at one point a ref even threw a flag for a timeout. The way he picked it up he looked pissed at himself too, it was kinda funny. The way they were calling it, I thought for sure Joe's fumble was not going to be overturned, even though it looked obvious to me.

Blog Entries

What was this thread about.... O'Yeah! How did Asa do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Can Tannehill even throw it downfield? I saw stat that he has the shortest average per pass in the NFL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This^ I couldn't watch or even get updates yesterday. It was Dollar Day where I work (Top of the World at the Inner Harbor - it was madness). But what a sweet, relatively stress free treat to get the final score and read/see highlights.

Also, a little hard to throw deep when Dumervil, Suggs, or Mosley is sitting on your face.