Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Baltimore Ravens have now played 19 seasons. Only 5 of them have been losing ones.

Before anyone tries to poo-poo all seasons not named 2000 or 2012, or seasons where we had a .500 or winning record but failed to make the playoffs, remember those of us who are Orioles fans and lived through 1998-2011. Or those who are still fans of that hot mess down in Landover.

Playing competitively year after year helps build a fanbase's confidence in the franchise.

This franchise has a winning tradition. Makes up nice for Baltimore's 13 year absence from the league.

Re: The Baltimore Ravens have now played 19 seasons. Only 5 of them have been losing ones.

And Harbaugh is 0-fer on losing seasons.

Re: The Baltimore Ravens have now played 19 seasons. Only 5 of them have been losing ones.

that is Awesome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And Harbaugh is 0-fer on losing seasons.
    But he's a pathetic 1 for 6 in Super Bowl appearances so he needs to be fired this year if they don't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    But he's a pathetic 1 for 6 in Super Bowl appearances so he needs to be fired this year if they don't make it.

He's been to the Super Bowl 6 times?

Blog Entries

I am living amongst Titan fans and I really feel sorry for them. What a pathetic team year after year. Gives me some perspective

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Not only that Ravens have 8 wins right now, same as Cinci and Piss in the division, one less than Indy and Denver in theirs and that's with our secondary being completely deleted since camp started and all the patch up work Ozzie did signing guys and bringing them in.

Ravens still have a chance for 11 wins with games coming up with Cleve who lost today and Jags who lost and Houston on the road who beat the Jags today. Other two are at home.

http://www.nfl.com/standings
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-07-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Wow didn't realize that. We're a fairly lucky bunch!

Blog Entries

i think this is why fans get frustrated because we are not a mediocre franchise. so anything less than a winning season just don't cut it, but it perspective, teams like the titans, jags, raiders, texans so forth we should be counting our blessings.

Not to poo-poo on your thread, but there have been 6 losing seasons. 96, 97, 98, 2002, 2005, and 2007. But nonetheless, still an awesome accomplishment. I'm definitely a proud fan.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Not to poo-poo on your thread, but there have been 6 losing seasons. 96, 97, 98, 2002, 2005, and 2007. But nonetheless, still an awesome accomplishment. I'm definitely a proud fan.
    Well, you really can't count the first 2 seasons since they moved here from Cleve and shipped out everyone that bitched about it. Well, you can count it but you have to put an asterik next to them since it was more like an expansion team.

Ozzie's first draft wasnt til 97 and was the greatest in NFL with JO and Ray and then we started winning including the SB couple of years later. He almost duplicated the 97 draft with Flacco and Rice and won another SB with them along with guys like Ngata, Suggs, Reed, Boldin and tons others he picked up along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Only 5 of them have been losing ones. .....

This franchise has a winning tradition. Makes up nice for Baltimore's 13 year absence from the league.
    Tommy: I love your enthusiasm, but math may not be your thing:

• we were without an NFL team for 12 seasons (1984 - 1995), not 13
    • as mentioned above, the Ravens have encountered 6 losing seasons, well into in their 19th year of existence

btw: nothing can make up for those 12 seasons of agony & loneliness. Not even SBs 35 & 47.

Camping, fishing, touring etc every Autumn fr 12 seasons were diversions. But not having football, for us die-hard Colts fans, was a miserable experience.:bag:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).