Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Trying out something new, bear with us.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    C'mon Loba, lighten up. You don't want to be a Grinch this time of year do ya'? :respect
    No more than I am any other time of year. No less, either.

Pardon me for a sec while I lean out the window:
    Get off my lawn, you little bastards!!
    As i was saying...

Here's another thing that sux about this meshugge "rep" system: Do we get to know who repped or unrepped us?? Not that I can see. That's reserved for The Management. Little thing called the fundamental right to confront one's accuser (& before you climb onto that stack of law books, HR, I understand we have no rights in this matter other than what TPTB allow us, but still). I'd be almost as happy with (metaphorical) bloody chichlets from some of the nimrods who skulk around here (for Trap's benefit let me note I am not naming names) as spearmint ones from respectable folk such as yinz--both would be signs that I must be doing something right.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I kind of agree with Loba.

I moderate on another board and we shut it off. People were using it as a means to troll other members.

It basically became a high school popularity contest instead of an accurate gauge as to the quality of posts.
    Agreed! (Egads I must be losing it to agree with HR...:)). We used to refer to them as Chicklets on the sunspot forum. Not fond of this idea…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Steve View Post
    We have therefore, implemented a reputation system. You will see a green blob under your name. You will also see an icon under each post that lets you add or subtract points from any post (you can't pimp your own posts).
    wow smh.....Let the D#ck Riding begin !

Blog Entries

Lol yeah I got negged for saying something about KC BBQ in the Ngata thread that got turned into food thread. It's a leg humping thing. That's it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Lol yeah I got negged for saying something about KC BBQ in the Ngata thread that got turned into food thread. It's a leg humping thing. That's it.
    LOL Welcome to the dark side! I wont be happy now until mine is red

Blog Entries

To those who don't like it, you should have said so before it was implemented.

I can think of at least two different threads that were posted on here over the summer asking for opinions on different things that Tony or Steve could add to make user experience better. I remember reading a lot of posts asking for a "rep" system. I don't remember anyone saying they hated the idea of a "rep" system.

I'm just saying, if these opinions existed when the idea was initially thrown out, why did everyone wait until AFTER it was implemented to voice their opinions?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I can think of at least two different threads that were posted on here over the summer asking for opinions on different things that Tony or Steve could add to make user experience better. I remember reading a lot of posts asking for a "rep" system. I don't remember anyone saying they hated the idea of a "rep" system.

I'm just saying, if these opinions existed when the idea was initially thrown out, why did everyone wait until AFTER it was implemented to voice their opinions?
    I don't care one way or the other about the rep system, but those who are voicing their discontent now (and didn't before) might have simply not seen the topics before. Anecdotally, I didn't see them before, but I'm seeing this one. I really had no issues with the site so I wasn't interested in a thread about what improvements people want to see. But when I saw this thread, which has a title indicating an actual change is being made, I clicked on it to see what the change was. I'm quite sure a lot of people are in that same boat... ignore a topic asking for thoughts, but click on a topic announcing a change and might have something to say about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall anyone floating the idea of reputation meter.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Jesus wept.

I am sublimely uninterested in "giving" or "removing" "rep" from any poster here. If I want you to know what I think of your posts, you'll see it in the thread or via PM. You want to know what I think of your posts? Ask me--in the thread or via PM.

Furthermore I am sublimely uninterested in "seeing a green bar underneath my name" to tell me how much "rep" I have accumulated/lost. No interest in your "prizes." You want to tell me how much you ap- or depreciate my posts? One more time: In the thread or via PM.

Is there some "clever little algorithm" in this Mickey Mouse arrangement to allow a poster to turn off "rep"? So that s/he neither receives nor gives it, and no "green bar" appears underneath his/her name? If there is, please post how to use it so I may do so. If there isn't, there needs to be one implemented ASAP.

(ETA: I just visited my Profile & Settings pages & I did not find any means for disabling "rep".)
    So basically you're saying size doesn't matter?

Blog Entries

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall anyone floating the idea of reputation meter.
    Ditto. I agree with my favorite poster.

I don't remember it but now we can't be critical of the Ravens even when they deserve it or our profile will be lighted up like a Christmas tree - all red. It's
    funny but I have one red bulb from this thread and one green bulb from it.
    Thanks for the green one. ;)

Blog Entries

It was comments from posters...not Tony or Steve.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Very confused. I'm now in the red when the only things I have posted since this was implemented was typical gameday stuff in the Chargers and/or Dolphins thread. Apparently people strongly disliked a post where I said I was happy the Bengals were losing by a lot to the Steelers (though in slightly more colorful language). Seems a strange and faulty method for tracking popularity.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh