Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Rex Ryan - GET OVER IT - Thread

Folks...seriously...get over it. :grbac:

The only way Rex comes to Baltimore is to hit up the seafood scene and some Chaps Pit Beef.

1) Bisciotti passed him over for the HC job after firing Billick.

2) Bisciotti hired John Harbaugh, who last I checked was still the HC in Baltimore.

3) Rex burned some bridges when he left because he was pissed about being passed over for Harbaugh.

What about ANY of facts 1,2, and 3 make anyone truthfully think that Rex is an option for the defensive coordinator job? Why in the fuck would Rex come back to the team that passed him over and work under the guy whom the team passed him over for???
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 12-03-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: The Rex Ryan - GET OVER IT - Thread

And why would Harbaugh and Bisciotti bring that kind of drama back?

Especially knowing how Harbaugh is with his staff.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Troof!

I could see Rex going to Atlanta as HC. They have what he has never had in NY. A very good offense. Nonetheless he will not be out of work long, but he won't be employed here again. That ship has already sailed.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Because he wants to win, will have a GM that will actually get him the players he needs, and has been humbled by working for a horrible organization. All the reasons you listed falls into the category of things that fans and the media give a shit about but actual teams don't. If all parties involved think it'll be successful than there's no reason to believe it's not possible.

Rex will likely not have HC considerations this offseason and if he wants a shot to get there again we have a young core of players that he can turn into a top 5 defense and find another HC job down the road. Believe it or not, people will do things to better their careers despite of petty bs that happened years ago. Obviously we don't know what DC jobs will be available at this point, but if Pees was to get fired I doubt there will be many in a better situation than ours.

Other, more plausible, reasons Rex comes back to Baltimore ....

1. Sale on new gastric bypass bands.

2. Foot lovers convention

3. Foot lovers anonymous

4. As they did with Kubiak, Jimmy's Seafood makes up that he's in town to get publicity.

5. Rex actually does show up to Jimmy's and eats them into bankruptcy.

The Rex Ryan - GET OVER IT - Thread

Quote Originally Posted by slinkymaster View Post
    Because he wants to win, will have a GM that will actually get him the players he needs, and has been humbled by working for a horrible organization. All the reasons you listed falls into the category of things that fans and the media give a shit about but actual teams don't. If all parties involved think it'll be successful than there's no reason to believe it's not possible.

Rex will likely not have HC considerations this offseason and if he wants a shot to get there again we have a young core of players that he can turn into a top 5 defense and find another HC job down the road. Believe it or not, people will do things to better their careers despite of petty bs that happened years ago. Obviously we don't know what DC jobs will be available at this point, but if Pees was to get fired I doubt there will be many in a better situation than ours.
    There's a very plausible reason to believe it's not possible -- the way he left and the bridges he burned leaving town.

Is this The OFFICIAL Rex Ryan - GET OVER IT - Thread ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The only way Rex comes to Baltimore is to hit up the seafood scene and some Chaps Pit Beef.

1) Bisciotti passed him over for the HC job after firing Billick.

2) Bisciotti hired John Harbaugh, who last I checked was still the HC in Baltimore.

3) Rex burned some bridges when he left because he was pissed about being passed over for Harbaugh.

What about ANY of facts 1,2, and 3 make anyone truthfully think that Rex is an option for the defensive coordinator job? Why in the fuck would Rex come back to the team that passed him over and work under the guy whom the team passed him over for???
    elaborate on the 3rd because the first and second have nothing to do with a DC position, hed be up for.

personally I think Rex has been humbled greatly in NY. His Bravado was never really a problem here, even when he did work under Harbaugh. I dont see the issue. I mean Harbs has shown hes not remotely scared of bringing in guys that theoretically could undermine his job, considering they have experience or are big names (future HC candidates). hes done it repeatedly actually and has continued to prove hes the head guy and they fall in line. i dont think this would be any different with Rex, personally. Hed be here to rehabilitate his image as much as we would be trying to rehabilitate our defense.

FTR I dont think its likely because I think theres guys on the team that would have a leg up and we typically promote from within here, but i dont think that would really eliminate him.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    elaborate on the 3rd because the first and second have nothing to do with a DC position, hed be up for.

personally I think Rex has been humbled greatly in NY. His Bravado was never really a problem here, even when he did work under Harbaugh. I dont see the issue. I mean Harbs has shown hes not remotely scared of bringing in guys that theoretically could undermine his job, considering they have experience or are big names (future HC candidates). hes done it repeatedly actually and has continued to prove hes the head guy and they fall in line. i dont think this would be any different with Rex, personally. Hed be here to rehabilitate his image as much as we would be trying to rehabilitate our defense.

FTR I dont think its likely because I think theres guys on the team that would have a leg up and we typically promote from within here, but i dont think that would really eliminate him.
    His bravado was precisely the problem here. And just watching any pressed of his, even lately, and it's obvious he hasn't softened in NY.

As to your point about rehabilitating his image, I don't want our next DC to have to worry about anything other than fixing or problem on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I've always gotten a chuckle out of the "burned your bridges" talk about Rex. Did he burn a bridge by showing up on Bart Scott's front steps at 12:01 am of Free Agency and whisking him away? Nope.. perfectly legal. Did he burn a bridge by saying he spent 10 years here and had hoped to get the job that Harbaugh got? Nope. He spoke his mind without being too gruff about it. I don't recall him openly bad mouthing anyone.

I think a lot of people here consider it bridge burning when several key free agents made their way to New York to play for Rex. Like it was his way of getting back at us.

Really all they were doing was following the hype machine since the excitement of him taking that job fizzled after a couple years of making the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I could see Rex going to Atlanta as HC. They have what he has never had in NY. A very good offense. Nonetheless he will not be out of work long, but he won't be employed here again. That ship has already sailed.
    Atlanta makes a lot of sense. The Falcons want that hype with a new stadium. I like the idea of seeing what Rex can do with a real QB and not the crap he's had the whole time he's been with the Jets. I hadn't even considered the Falcons and Rex but I kind of hope it happens.