Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Some Non-Defense Related Post Mortem Thoughts On The Chargers Loss

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    That.

The amount of people criticizing Joe Flacco for us not winning this game is fucking mind boggling to me. Flacco had one of the best games of the season, and of his career. You can't ask for much more than that. You could ask the receivers to catch the damn ball in the second half, though. Something they failed to do all too often. But we have spent ENTIRELY TOO MUCH FUCKING TIME criticizing Flacco and Kubiak and Harbaugh for the way the offense performed in a game that we led for 59 and a half fucking minutes at home, and scored on all but ONE drive the entire game. Let it go! This game was the defense's loss, PERIOD. Almost every time we scored, the defense gave it right back up. That can't happen. It just can't. We had a double digit lead with like 4 minutes left in the game. This was a defensive failure.
    Truth!

Should the offense have tried to get the first down before the game winning drive? Hell yes because everybody in the free world knew what would happen if we turned the ball over to Rivers with 2:20 left in the game. But you can't blame the offense. They put up 33 frickin' points. This loss is squarely on the defense.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: Some Non-Defense Related Post Mortem Thoughts On The Chargers Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    obviously it wasn't enough.