View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do to address the defense and defensive coordinator?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire Pees and promote Spagnuolo

4 9.76%
  • Fire Pees and promote Monachino

8 19.51%
  • Fire Pees and promote ___________

2 4.88%
  • Keep Pees until for the season, and search for a new DC in the offseason

23 56.10%
  • Keep Pees for next season

4 9.76%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What to do with Pees and the defense?

I'm curious what folks think the solution should be with the defense and Dean Pees. I'd like to see what Spags can do with the defense, I loved those old Jim Johnson Eagles defenses that Spags learned from. While he wasn't a good HC and had a bad year in NO in 2012 (when they lost Sean Peyton for the year and had miserable talent), I'd give him a chance to resurrect an attacking-style D with the Ravens front seven.

Other options are promoting Monachino, promoting someone else, letting Pees finish the year and searching for a new candidate, and keeping Pees long term (please God no!).

Blog Entries

Re: What to do with Pees and the defense?

I'm good with dumping Pees now and seeing what Spags can do for the rest of the season. At least that way we can evaluate him for the future. If he stinks find someone else in the offseason. This way we get him out and away from coaching the secondary which he's done horrible at and needs a new job after this year anyway. Just my vote.

Blog Entries

I can't see Harbaugh doing anything this late in the season. You don't want to get a reputation as the guy who keeps firing coaches mid-season. Players aren't going to listen if they know that coach could be out during the season. It worked once but I wouldn't try it again.

I suspect it's a Steelers fan who voted to keep Pees next year.

There's not much upside to firing him now. The talent on the back end is so bad that there isn't much room for improvement and bringing in a new guy now might cause more issues than it solves with these already bad players.

If you're going to get rid of him, do it at the end of the season.

Blog Entries

There is no Pees defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I suspect it's a Steelers fan who voted to keep Pees next year.
    Wrong, if the ravens win next week, well, what do fans say then. Ravens have 7 wins, 3 losses where they could have won, several games where both defense and offense stunk up the field. Ravens will not get rid of pees until they are finished with the season. Fans are just venting and trying to influence the ravens organization. More then likely, that will not happen. I'm a realist, pees stays to finish out. My attitude is the 7 wins were team wins and the losses were team losses. To point out the DC when the OC and HC has lost games. No pees in the word team. Harbaugh is a team guy, remember the last SB, they won because they came together and played their best football ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Wrong, if the ravens win next week, well, what do fans say then. Ravens have 7 wins, 3 losses where they could have won, several games where both defense and offense stunk up the field. Ravens will not get rid of pees until they are finished with the season. Fans are just venting and trying to influence the ravens organization. More then likely, that will not happen. I'm a realist, pees stays to finish out. My attitude is the 7 wins were team wins and the losses were team losses. To point out the DC when the OC and HC has lost games. No pees in the word team. Harbaugh is a team guy, remember the last SB, they won because they came together and played their best football ever.
    I don't get your rant at all. I said nothing about this year, which you digressed about ad nauseam. My comment was directed at the one vote to keep Pees next year. But thanks, my curiosity about who would want Pees next year has been satisfied.

The best defense you can put on the field is an offense that will have to single handily carry this team. Converting more TDs in the redzone would go a long way towards that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The best defense you can put on the field is an offense that will have to single handily carry this team. Converting more TDs in the redzone would go a long way towards that goal.
    Whenever the Ravens score in the 4th quarter from here on out we should see an onsides kick. I don't care how much time is left, as its our only hope.

Yeah, I don't think he goes this year. My vote for next year though, would be Monachino. He has done a good job with our LB's since he's been here, especially considering he lost the greatest field general in the history of the NFL after the 2012 season. The red/zone, points allowed crowd should like this pick since IMO, this coach has contributed to that success.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Firing a coordinator mid-season worked in 2012, but that is by far the norm. Stick with what you have now and reassess at the end of the season. Plus the Ravens don't want to get a reputation of making these kinds of mid-season moves.

IMO Pees has to go. Even in 2012 when they had good players there seemed to be major holes in the D.