View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do to address the defense and defensive coordinator?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire Pees and promote Spagnuolo

4 9.76%
  • Fire Pees and promote Monachino

8 19.51%
  • Fire Pees and promote ___________

2 4.88%
  • Keep Pees until for the season, and search for a new DC in the offseason

23 56.10%
  • Keep Pees for next season

4 9.76%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: What to do with Pees and the defense?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    ^ Bingo. But add in Pees needs really good talent to even keep teams to FGS. When he has middle of the pack personnel than his philosophy fails badly. Like I showed. Romeo only added Bruschi and Harrison. Both of which are certainly great players but they were at the end of their careers and he took a 17th ranked team to 1st. And 2nd the following year. With only those 2 additions.

He just doesn't fit the Ravens mold. I HATED the change when it was made. And if you look at the attendance thread about the Vault it shows there also. Add in Tony's article about how this isn't the Ravens were used to seeing. It's just heart breaking. We need a aggressive DC. I don't mind giving up the big play here and there if we shut down offenses on the regular. It's just exciting. Look at the Seahawks D. That used to be us. That crowd used to be us. God dammit get back to that!!!!!

We have Hill who while being a ball hawk can also bring the lumber. He's our perfect FS. If somehow Elam would relax and get back to his rookie year and what his resume was coming out of college as a hard hitting pollard type SS. Add in some hard hitting coverage DBs this offseason to put alongside Jimmy and Webb. Webb being the 3 hopefully and add a DC that takes chances and is aggressive and wants guys to hit people we CAN get back to our roots. Get anyone from Seattle or SF defensive coaches. Hell I'll even settle for Spags for now cause he came from Johnson in Philly tree. They were a hard hitting aggressive group. He just can't coach secondary. But sure he can call a aggressive game plan. Hopefully can adjust through the game also.
    I agree with you whole heartedly and I forgot about Romeo stuff you brought up. After realizing that Romeo did that I have to say im a little less high on pees now. Rex Ryan 2015

Blog Entries

^ you're right. I got bum scoop from Wikipedia and than searched related years. So yes I recant my previous post. They were 2,4,8,8 the years he was there than dropped off to 15th the next 2 Years. I'm tired so I'll look up tommorow and see what happened.

In the end I don't really care what he did with the Pats. His boring ass defense doesn't put butt in seats in Baltimore or live up to our expectations. I'd rather a worse D as long as it's exciting and can actually beat a team. Sorry but even if his "style" of defense is effective it sucks and isn't our way. They keep it up and less and less people will fill the stadium.

Bump ....

I've seen enough. Can him now. Let Spags audition then go out and find someone new in the off season.

If our secondary was getting torched, I'd be bit more forgiving.

But they're beating us up front right now. Up front!?!? Completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Bump ....

I've seen enough. Can him now. Let Spags audition then go out and find someone new in the off season.
    If Harbs could get it done before 2nd half we might win this thing.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I forgive you for one week, Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I forgive you for one week, Pees.
    Yeah he gets a mulligan today. Our front 4 was just awesome today. Dumerville was on fire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah he gets a mulligan today. Our front 4 was just awesome today. Dumerville was on fire.
    And that's without Ngata and losing two more CBs. They really overcame it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    And that's without Ngata and losing two more CBs. They really overcame it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They sure did. When they get after it like that it takes so much pressure off of our secondary.

Cool to see the 3 and outs the defense forced today. Tannehill is not the QB Rivers is, though. Different teams have that it factor when they have a chance for the last drive to win the game. Colts did it today. Luck vs Hoyer was a mismatch too. Luck has the killer mentality. An y given sunday, one team wins, the other, well.