Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Never have I seen a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    IMHO...every team in the AFC north are pretenders.

We've all feasted on the NFC south...well, all of us except the Steelers lol.

But we are 4-0 against one the worst division I can ever remember and 3-5 against everyone else. Have we beaten a winning team besides the Steelers in week 2 who were just 1-0?

We've beatedn 4 terrible NFC south teams, a terrible Titans team, a Steeler team on a short week here in the midst of their offensive funk, and the Browns.
    This. This. This.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

This was also the 219th game in NFL history (regular season or playoffs, home or on the road) where a team had multiple takeaways, no turnovers, the QB wasn't sacked, and the team scored at least 33 points. It is also the first time that team lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Drafting LB/S/DL in the 1-3 rounds two years in a row was a critical error and I stand by it.
    I basically agree, but with the footnote that 4 of those players seem good (or likely to be good). Brandon Williams is excellent, CJ Mosley seems like a star, Jernigan has shown serious flashes, Brooks has shown some flashes.

But Elam and Arthur Brown seem like wasted picks, so far. Would be nice to have:
    • Instead of Elam: Jonathan Cyprien or Giovani Bernard, or even Zach Ertz
    • Instead of Brown: Eddie Lacy or Travis Kelce or Keenan Allen

Or someone else.

Seriously: how would you like our team if we dropped Gio B and Keenan Allen onto the roster, in pace of Elam & Brown?

Blog Entries

Keenan Allen would be fantastic in this offense.

Oh well. We got an inactive linebacker instead!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    This was the 250th game in NFL history where the home team ran for at least 100 yards, passed for at least 200, had no turnovers, multiple takeaways, scored over 30 points. It was the first time ever that team lost the game.
    I actually believe this. But is there a source?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I basically agree, but with the footnote that 4 of those players seem good (or likely to be good). Brandon Williams is excellent, CJ Mosley seems like a star, Jernigan has shown serious flashes, Brooks has shown some flashes.

But Elam and Arthur Brown seem like wasted picks, so far. Would be nice to have:
    • Instead of Elam: Jonathan Cyprien or Giovani Bernard, or even Zach Ertz
    • Instead of Brown: Eddie Lacy or Travis Kelce or Keenan Allen

Or someone else.

Seriously: how would you like our team if we dropped Gio B and Keenan Allen onto the roster, in pace of Elam & Brown?
    Don't worry I hear the Mosley/Brown combo will be a beastly unit come 2015...or whenever.

It makes me sick to know the players that could have been acquired had we thrown a bone to non-redundant areas of the team (i.e. any position outside of LB/S/DL).

Oh and don't forget about John Simon, another redundant waste of a pick. Because we REALLY needed another OLB...

I'd have rather had Landry in rd. 2 over Jernigan this year. But I guess guys with reliable hands aren't needed.

We have Kamar Aiken. Game on the line? Find #11...Kamar Aiken.

How many teams other teams would have Kamar Aiken playing WR?

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleWay86 View Post
    To be fair I don't think the defense as a whole is as bad as we think it is. We all knew going into the season that we were dangerously thin at CB depth, and surprise, surprise, we got bit hard in the ass by it. No team is going to go far in a pass-oriented NFL when one of their starting CBs is out for good halfway through the season, and the other is clearly still playing hurt and isn't at 100%. The fact that we're still above .500 this far into the season while starting guys like Tramain Jacobs, Chykie Brown, and Danny Gorrer is a minor miracle in itself.

Without question Ozzie needs to go hard after CBs in the draft, and try to get some decent backup-quality corners in FA with whatever cap room we have.
    Your post causes me to expose my total confusion with our FO's direction (or its lack). YES, this IS a passing league. But the FO (I know I am not allowed to question Oz's infallibility) has addressed passing on NEITHER D nor O.
    1) We all focus on our rag bag collection of DBs. The FO let good ones leave (Graham, Carey) while doing very close to nothing to replace them. This point has been exhaustively discussed. But . . .
    2) The FO has ALSO ignored the O aspect of a "passing league." Look at what we have:
    Smith Sr: over-age FA running on fumes, passion, and adrenaline. Unlikely to offer much, if anything, going forward
    K Aiken: FA who failed at multiple previous stops. We are learning why
    JJ: FA for a reason: stone hands, mediocre routes, chest catcher. As a WR, he's occasionally a good KR
    Marlon: UDFA. Has shown flashes of ability, but possibly injury prone. Coaching staff seems ambivalent at best.
    Campy: might be our best long-term hope. 7th round draft pick
    Torrey: number one only by default. Very fast; inconsistent hands; mediocre routes; not exactly passionate
    About our TEs, maybe the less said the better: one injury prone; one aging; one a 5th round choice

So sad . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Drafting LB/S/DL in the 1-3 rounds two years in a row was a critical error and I stand by it.

We wasted draft collateral on players that aren't even contributing because of redundancy in player personnel.
    It gets worse: we continued drafting for D in the 4th and 5th rounds (Urban and Simon)
    Last edited by houstonravensfan; 12-01-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Your post causes me to expose my total confusion with our FO's direction (or its lack). YES, this IS a passing league. But the FO (I know I am not allowed to question Oz's infallibility) has addressed passing on NEITHER D nor O.
    1) We all focus on our rag bag collection of DBs. The FO let good ones leave (Graham, Carey) while doing very close to nothing to replace them. This point has been exhaustively discussed. But . . .
    2) The FO has ALSO ignored the O aspect of a "passing league." Look at what we have:
    Smith Sr: over-age FA running on fumes, passion, and adrenaline. Unlikely to offer much, if anything, going forward
    K Aiken: FA who failed at multiple previous stops. We are learning why
    JJ: FA for a reason: stone hands, mediocre routes, chest catcher. As a WR, he's occasionally a good KR
    Marlon: UDFA. Has shown flashes of ability, but possibly injury prone. Coaching staff seems ambivalent at best.
    Campy: might be our best long-term hope. 7th round draft pick
    Torrey: number one only by default. Very fast; inconsistent hands; mediocre routes; not exactly passionate
    About our TEs, maybe the less said the better: one injury prone; one aging; one a 5th round choice

So sad . . .
    Yet Ravens are still in the wild card hunt with winnable games at home vs Jags
    and Cleve and one on the road in Houston.

Yup, that's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yet Ravens are still in the wild card hunt.

Yup, that's so sad.
    And it IS possible that somewhere there is a pig that really can fly.

Blog Entries

In Houston.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I actually believe this. But is there a source?
    I recommend the pfref.com Team Game Finder, you can plug in the parameters and run the query as I did.