Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Rice "wins appeal, immediately eligible"

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Janay Rice gives her side

I honestly thought she'd say more about the Ravens' part in it.
    I think although they were surprised and hurt/disappointed that we cut him, I think they realized things for what they were...a large part of this was a business decision. I mean it's a big contrast from the other ESPN article where they made them sound really bitter.

I know this...the comments at the bottom and in general annoy the hell out of me. Why read these articles if you aren't going to take anything she says at face value? I know the vast majority of abusers are serial abusers...but I also believe that there are some that it is indeed a one time thing...especially those that make lifestyle changes (such as limiting/cutting out alcohol) and get counseling help...things they both are doing.

People make things so black and white it's sickening...Could Ray be this serial monster of a person with no hope for controlling his actions? Sure...especially if he did what those serial abusers do...just come home with some flowers and say they won't do it again before sitting down on the couch and opening another bottle of alcohol and act like nothing's changed. Personally, I believe them, and it's mainly because of their actions afterwards.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

She's probably leaving that for the Mueller investigation. I'm more anxious to hear that outcome anyways, as I knew Rice would be reinstated and should have been as far as I'm concerned. I just hate that we have to pay him all that money.

Will the Mueller investigation blame the Ravens and NFL equally, or put most of the blame on us, or the NFL? That is the question. I'm going to be very curious to hear the outcome of all that? Nothing would surprise me at this point.
    Last edited by Stone; 11-28-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Eh, I look at the idea of the "Patriot Way" the same as the idea of Ray keeping everyone in line when he was hear. It gets overblown. I think he goes to somewhere with a small market like Indy.
    Me too. But were not the mindless lemming ESPN watcher either.

I just got through this reading that same article and cut-and-paste the identical paragraph as you to post. I'm glad she didn't say anymore about the Ravens in all honesty...

..as a woman for her not to think she's a Domestic Violence victim befuddles me.

good luck to Ray and his family...like Janay, I've moved on too!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

The league had him in no man's land; IMO it wasn't fair for him to not know where he stood. Glad he won the appeal and can now try and move on with his life.

Indy would be a good landing spot, wouldn't surprise me if Pitt gives him a look. He's going to want to prove himself again so I think they'd get a focused man.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I just got through this reading that same article and cut-and-paste the identical paragraph as you to post. I'm glad she didn't say anymore about the Ravens in all honesty...

..as a woman for her not to think she's a Domestic Violence victim befuddles me.

good luck to Ray and his family...like Janay, I've moved on too!
    I don't think she's saying she isn't a victim, just as someone who has had an opinion of themselves as being this strong person, it's hard to accept that label.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The only team that will not get CRUCIFIED for signing him would be New England.
    Don't know about now but they coveted Rice when Ozzie drafted him and were really pissed. They didn't think Oz would draft him because we had McGahee but Oz said CAM wanted two strong RBs.

After that NE always traded in front of Ravens to get their man not taking any chances with Ozzie.

They still might want Rice if they need a RB and won't take a PR hit as posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think she's saying she isn't a victim, just as someone who has had an opinion of themselves as being this strong person, it's hard to accept that label.
    At 4:40 in the video clip there is a discussion on her not claiming to be a victim....that's where I was coming from...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    At 4:40 in the video clip there is a discussion on her not claiming to be a victim....that's where I was coming from...
    ok, I didn't watch the vid, only read the article.

I will say this...the fact that she said that her apologizing for her role was part of the Ravens script is just another fumble by the organization in that entire messy process. Script it, and then tweet it?

Blog Entries

Is like to see Oakland sign him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Before anyone gets worked up over this:

Rice ain't coming back here. Not going to happen folks.

Moreover, we've moved on and his name is Justin Forsett.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.