Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Whoever Wins The NFC South Is Screwed

Drafting in the top 10 is way overrated. Every years teams like the Rams, Raiders and Jaguars do it and every year this still suck. I'd rather win the division. A couple of years ago a 7-9 Seahawks team won the division and a playoff game. Missing out on that high draft pick didn't seem to stop them from winning the Super Bowl not long after. Fans are way too hung up on draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Whoever wins is looking at a playoff game that they'll probably get killed in.

Then they'll miss out on a stud Offensive or Defensive Lineman that they definitely need, because they'll be drafting in between the 21-24 spots, instead of the Top 10, where they belong. And they'll draw a 1st place schedule. At least they get to play the NFC East and AFC South.
    Playoffs>Drafting Position

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    Playoffs>Drafting Position
    :word

Teams that draft high tend to keep drafting high.
    "Chin up, chest out."

To me the only thing the NFL playoffs favor is getting a 1 or 2 seed. That's huge, 2 wins and your in the SB. Everything else including a 7-9 record puts you on equal footing with all the other seeds. There is no series of games, just one. It's one of the reasons I love it. Reality entertainment at its best, no script.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    To me the only thing the NFL playoffs favor is getting a 1 or 2 seed. That's huge, 2 wins and your in the SB. Everything else including a 7-9 record puts you on equal footing with all the other seeds. There is no series of games, just one. It's one of the reasons I love it. Reality entertainment at its best, no script.
    Home games are a big deal in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

It's more likely Seattle or San Fran that's Screwed. Unless they get on a roll they may miss the playoffs while a much inferior team in the NFCS will be hosting a playoff game after their automatic bye week.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's more likely Seattle or San Fran that's Screwed. Unless they get on a roll they may miss the playoffs while a much inferior team in the NFCS will be hosting a playoff game after their automatic bye week.
    Hope it's both, tired of them already and they need the reality check. Pete and Jimmy the face staying home this postseason lets us get to see other teams.

You say "screwed", I say blessed.

They are blessed that they have so much room for error and can still make the playoffs. I think you are looking at their situation backwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Screwed?? Really??? At least they'll be playing something besides golf next January.

You want to talk about teams getting The Royal Shaft, I gots a handful of candidates in the AFC. Right now there are 5 teams at 7-4 (& 2 at 6-5) who aren't even leading their divisions. It's pretty damn likely that at least one 10-6 team will be shut out of the dance, & not at all unlikely that some 11-5 team will go home a la the 2008 Pats.
    That would really suck.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Whoever wins is looking at a playoff game that they'll probably get killed in.

Then they'll miss out on a stud Offensive or Defensive Lineman that they definitely need, because they'll be drafting in between the 21-24 spots, instead of the Top 10, where they belong. And they'll draw a 1st place schedule. At least they get to play the NFC East and AFC South.
    You never know

The 7-9 Seahawks won a playoff game

The 13-3 Falcons went one & done

I'm happy with the current system and don't think it should be changed

Blog Entries

Drafting in the top 10 is NOT overrated. The teams that do it constantly is not because of a lack of talent it's for a lack of effective talent and coaching. You just can't tell me that if a good drafting team suddenly has a down year and than they get one of those picks and than use it to their advantage they are in a better position. I point you to the Colts. They got Luck and haven't had a losing record since. And you can't say if the Ravens suddenly had a bad year and drafted there we wouldn't get a Pro Bowler for years to come. Sorry OZ would get a beast there and we'd never look back. Those guys who constantly draft top 10 and suck is because of coaching and them not drafting the right guys that high.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Drafting in the top 10 is NOT overrated. The teams that do it constantly is not because of a lack of talent it's for a lack of effective talent and coaching. You just can't tell me that if a good drafting team suddenly has a down year and than they get one of those picks and than use it to their advantage they are in a better position. I point you to the Colts. They got Luck and haven't had a losing record since. And you can't say if the Ravens suddenly had a bad year and drafted there we wouldn't get a Pro Bowler for years to come. Sorry OZ would get a beast there and we'd never look back. Those guys who constantly draft top 10 and suck is because of coaching and them not drafting the right guys that high.
    You point me to the Colts. That's one pick in one bad year.

We are talking about the teams who consistently pick high. I point you to the Browns, Bills, Raiders, Bucs, Rams -- teams that haven't been relevant for a decade.

Sure it's nice to pick high, but it is not a formula for sustained success. And the bonus is that teams like the Pats and Ravens don't have to pay -- and commit to -- high salaries for high picks. Ask the Redskins how nice it was to pick #2 right after the Colts took Luck. Ask the Raiders how great it was to pick Jamarcus Russell #1 overall. When you miss with Kyle Boller late in the first round, you can still have some success as a football team. When you miss with a QB in the top 2 (Carr, Couch, A. Smith, Russell, Leaf, Griffin etc etc) you are screwed for a decade.
    "Chin up, chest out."