Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Chargers fan base is Amazingly upbeat and confident

I'm not discounting them because they "only" beat the Rams by 3.

The Rams have beaten the Seahawks, Denver and San Fran. And they hung with San Fran in their other game against them for 1 half before imploding. That's 75% of the championship game teams last year.

Chargers will be a tough match-up for the Ravens D. Keenan Allen's coming around and they still have Malcolm Floyd and Gates plus a healthy Ryan Matthews for only the 3, 4 game this season.

Somewhat explosive in the passing game, despite previous poster's comment. 6th in Yards per pass attempt, t-8th in pass plays over 20 yards, and t-12 in pass plays over 40 yards.

And Rivers always seems to play well against the Ravens...

The only thing that concerns me is we'll be playing on a short week after a tough road win. Other than that, it seems we came out of the New Orleans game fairly healthy so we should take care of business at home. I'm one of those fans that doesn't care how we win.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I'm not discounting them because they "only" beat the Rams by 3.

The Rams have beaten the Seahawks, Denver and San Fran. And they hung with San Fran in their other game against them for 1 half before imploding. That's 75% of the championship game teams last year.

Chargers will be a tough match-up for the Ravens D. Keenan Allen's coming around and they still have Malcolm Floyd and Gates plus a healthy Ryan Matthews for only the 3, 4 game this season.

Somewhat explosive in the passing game, despite previous poster's comment. 6th in Yards per pass attempt, t-8th in pass plays over 20 yards, and t-12 in pass plays over 40 yards.

The Chargers should feel upbeat and confident. They have the talent.
    But they have to travel 3000 miles to get here.
    That throws alot of teams/players off.
    In this league where it is a game of inches, travelling that far can create problems for anyone and knock their timing and accuracy off a little. That's all it takes to become out of sync. Passes sailing too high, then over compensating and throwing it into the ground, throwing it behind or too far ahead.
    There is a reason that homefield does help the home team.

For when the Chargers come here, and if the pass rush doesn't quite get to Rivers in time, and his receivers do get open, here's hoping his passes are off target by just enough to result in incompletions and turnovers for us.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    While I don't join other teams forums, I do get a lot of my football info from forums.

Usually, there is an abundance of doom and gloom negativety even if things are not all that bad. Well I can tell you the Chargers fan base is supremely confident and upbeat. It's refreshing and certainly beats the alternative. The thing is , their final 5 games might be the most brutal end to a season I have ever seen. It's cringe worthy tough. I think they see us as one of the easier 'marks', despite the early east coast game...... almost ignoring what that does to them over the years. Props to keeping the faith, other teams forums I've read would be in full draft discussion after contemplating that schedule. They have a history of strong finishes, yet this.....
    @Ravens Patriots Broncos @49rs @Chiefs
    Its kinda odd that out of all the games remaining for the Chargers that their fanbase believes THIS GAME is a game that is mildly winnable. IMO of all the games left on their schedule IT IS THIS ONE THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!!!

The Chargers get the Pats in their house -- so you know that joint will be rocking and the team will be primed to beat Brady n the hoodie. The Chargers don't need any motivation against either the Broncos or the Chiefs -- home or away, it doesn't matter -- they'll be primed to beat a division opponent. The Niners gm will be a tough contest simply because the Niners are a physical team, but the flipside is that the Niners are having major major difficulties offensively. Unless the Chargers implode or get trampled physically, they'll be in that game...

its the early-game east-coast cross-country game in a raucous environment that the Chargers and their fans should have bigtime anxiety about. As it was said, the Chargers' O-line is in flux, and on the flipside we've been very tough and highly-stout upfront defensively. If our DBs don't wet the bed and just do their job to the level that's expected all of the other components of our team -- plus how we play at home -- should send the SanDiego band back home losers.

I like our chances quite a bit, and I don't like theirs at all.

But any given Sunday.

C DiP
    Poundin' da rock & Punishin' D wins games, period!!!

Good, makes a win by the ravens that much more enjoyable. Love seeing happy faces turned sad. Happened in NO last night.

Blog Entries

Really don't know what they're so confident about. They have probably the toughest schedule of the wild card chasing teams. As for our game they never travel well to the east coast for a 1pm game. I can't remember the exact numbers but looked at it before the season and they have a far losing record in this regard. Not even close to 500.

The Chargers have played bad football outside of home, are on their 4th string center, and are pretty iffy on the O-Line in general. I like the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Truth be told, Philip Rivers has always given the Ravens issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Has he?
    We really haven't played him much and we have won more than lost against him.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Has he?
    We really haven't played him much and we have won more than lost against him.
    It took a 4th and 29 conversion to win the last one (2012), the Ravens took a butt-whipping in 2011, and an epic Ray Lewis tackle on 4th down won the one before that (2009). Overall, Rivers has been very good against the Ravens. If their O-line is bad, this game will depend on which Dean Pees shows up.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Rivers is the only QB who scares me and it is all about memories of like three years ago in SD. He didn't just torch us he did it with these preternaturally accurate passes. Agh! Anyhoo the truth is that was an anomaly by Rivers standards and is unlikely to repeat. What the Ravens got going for them is Rivers isn't very mobile and it's not just that his O-line is bad, they are especially bad at protecting and mediocre at the run. This is a really good setup for the pass rush. And of course it's at the Bank ... I expect the board to be surprised at how good the D can be. But what if Bad Rivers shows up?!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    It took a 4th and 29 conversion to win the last one (2012), the Ravens took a butt-whipping in 2011, and an epic Ray Lewis tackle on 4th down won the one before that (2009). Overall, Rivers has been very good against the Ravens. If their O-line is bad, this game will depend on which Dean Pees shows up.
    Well the Chargers didn't even score 20 points in the 4th and 29 game. Hardly a game in which Rivers "gave us problems".
    I think we have only played Rivers five or six times and I know we have won three of those.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

The Chargers are a better team than the Saints were although it's good to be playing them at home, even if it is a shortened week. I expect a fight with so much at stake. If the Chargers play well, they'll be a tough out.