Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Suggs gets 100th sack

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    Was really happy Suggs got his 100th sack. I really hope he gets to the Hall one day. I know we have discussed his HOF chances on this board before, but I think a few more solid season puts him over the top.
    Looking ahead to potential HOFs after that is a little bleak Ngata maybe ??
    Suggs has to go in on the first ballot as soon as he's eligible, especially being only the 31st player ever with 100 sacks with a SB ring and the fat contract that goes
    with his lofty status. There's nothing else more he can possibly prove or do except getting another ring and he just might get that.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-26-2014 at 01:50 PM.

By the time he's done playing he'll be top 20 or better.

Blog Entries

Def HOF material. He's such a great all around LB he HAS to be in the convo of best OLB to play the game. Yes you have better "pass rushers" and that's all they were. Suggs gets 100 sacks AND you can't run to his side AND he can cover. It's extremely rare to find a guy who can do all 3. That's why honestly with how deep this draft is at OLB and the talent level coming out I want us to use our 1st on one so they can learn from Suggs. And Doom to be honest as he's undersized and puts up monster stats. THIS is the year to grab his replacement and let them learn from those 2. So the following year we dint miss a beat. Or at least not that bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Def HOF material. He's such a great all around LB he HAS to be in the convo of best OLB to play the game. Yes you have better "pass rushers" and that's all they were. Suggs gets 100 sacks AND you can't run to his side AND he can cover. It's extremely rare to find a guy who can do all 3. That's why honestly with how deep this draft is at OLB and the talent level coming out I want us to use our 1st on one so they can learn from Suggs. And Doom to be honest as he's undersized and puts up monster stats. THIS is the year to grab his replacement and let them learn from those 2.
    Good point but the board would freak out if Oz took an OLB in the first round for Suggs to groom istead of a CB. :)

Actually, the Ravens got Mike McCreary to come back and groom Suggs during
    his first year. Mike said you only have one chance for rookie of the year and if
    you listen to me you'll get it. Mike taught Suggs his swim motion but Suggs
    greatest attitribute was his explosive first step. He was past everyone on his
    first step.

Don't forget this award.

Suggs recorded a career-high 14 sacks in 2011 while also recording a career high in forced fumbles with seven. He becomes the third player on his current team -- along with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis -- to be named the NFL's defensive player of the year. Suggs recorded 52 tackles, six passes defensed and two interceptions in addition to his sack and forced fumble numbers.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/...er-of-the-year
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-26-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Good point but the board would freak out if Oz took an OLB in the first round for Suggs to groom istead of a CB. :)
    I'm not so sure. As long as we followed it up in the 2nd with a DB than took a WR or pass catching TE in the 3rd. Than another DB in the 4th. I really think this a dresses the needs and fills BPA given mock drafts l I've looked at a few and knowing it's early and their completely wrong about our picks. But just using it as a guide we "could" wind up with a top 3 OLB AND 2 top 10 CB'S I really don't think the board would complain. RB in t he 5th is the only role or I should say as the 5th pick cause who knows given comps is the only thing I'm stumped on. Well that and who to take as fir a WR that fits our system and who Kubes would like and if we grab someone like Fitz in FA which I'm really praying for. Fitz and than Andre. Rather have Fitz but think Kubes will go get his buddy instead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    But he (Webb) looked lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not lost, just slow.
    Not with that horse-collar tackle that lead to zero points for the Saints on their first drive.
    BTW, did anyone post about Upshaw's tackle on Brees that saved a TD?
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not with that horse-collar tackle that lead to zero points for the Saints on their first drive.
    BTW, did anyone post about Upshaw's tackle on Brees that saved a TD?
    ... Bc
    Don't think anyone mentioned it. And really Noone talks about Upshaw and more including the media. He just quietly dies his job. He sets t he edge very well and stuffs anything going his direction. While he doesn't get the flashy stats I'm happy we have him. Maybe he hasn't lived up to his draft status but I think he's worth a long term deal provided it's cap friendly. But he'll probably be another Raven that gets big bucks to go somewhere else. And really I think he's better than most recently. He's better than the Kruger and all buy will make less money.

Blog Entries

I'm not so sure. As long as we followed it up in the 2nd with a DB than took a WR or pass catching TE in the 3rd. Than another DB in the 4th. I really think this a dresses the needs and fills BPA given mock drafts l I've looked at a few and knowing it's early and their completely wrong about our picks. But just using it as a guide we "could" wind up with a top 3 OLB AND 2 top 10 CB'S I really don't think the board would complain. RB in t he 5th is the only role or I should say as the 5th pick cause who knows given comps is the only thing I'm stumped on. Well that and who to take as fir a WR that fits our system and who Kubes would like and if we grab someone like Fitz in FA which I'm really praying for. Fitz and than Andre. Rather have Fitz but think Kubes will go get his buddy instead.
    Yea, but a lot of guys here bitched drafting linebackers with top picks two years in a row in Brown and Mosley and Brown hasn't worked out yet spending much time on the inactive list but that's a different story.

I thought Oz would draft Cha Cha if Zack Martin was off the board. Like you say, it depends who is on there in the first round but everyone is calling for a CB right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, but a lot of guys here bitched drafting linebackers with top picks two years in a row in Brown and Mosley and Brown hasn't worked out yet spending much time on the inactive list but that's a different story.

I thought Oz would draft Cha Cha if Zack Martin was off the board. Like you say, it depends who is on there in the first round but everyone is calling for a CB right now.
    Oh and I am also. Our DBs are garbage except Jimmy. That's the most important free agent signing. Webb is a shell of his former self but with his contract not much we can do. He's still a good nickel. So given a 2nd and 4th pick at DB regardless t he round well be OK. And who knows that 4th pick might be in the 3rd given comp picks and all. But yes that's what we need. To invest high in DBs. But 2 picks in the first 3 rounds given a comp. Noone can bitch about not using the first on one if our first turns out to be a Suggs or Doom clone which in this draft is possible given the depth and learning from those guys. Anyone who would really complain is a idiot and doesn't know football so Noone is gonna listen to them anyway. Lol

Edit: Honestly guys are clamoring for a WR and if we use a 1st on one this year anyone that knows football should zap. Wed be stupid to do so. Last year was the year to get one and instead we got Jerrigan and Brooks. Both have been less than stellar and one of them has been a completely wasted pick. So! Given what Oz has said we shouldn't go WR early hopefully. Again anyone who thinks we should is retarded. WR was last year and we missed so gotta go FA this year and that's fine cause you have Fitz and AJ sitting there. Personally I like Fitz better. But you BETTER get one of those 2 or you let your team and fans down.
    Last edited by JustaslowZ06; 11-26-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Doom has 85 sacks. He could easily get to 100 by next season.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Webb did show surprising straight-line speed on that play. But his ability to move laterally and change direction has gone downhill, hurting his play at corner.

Wait ... maybe he can play safety. :D
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Edit: Honestly guys are clamoring for a WR and if we use a 1st on one this year anyone that knows football should zap. Wed be stupid to do so. Last year was the year to get one and instead we got Jerrigan and Brooks. Both have been less than stellar and one of them has been a completely wasted pick. So! Given what Oz has said we shouldn't go WR early hopefully. Again anyone who thinks we should is retarded. WR was last year and we missed so gotta go FA this year and that's fine cause you have Fitz and AJ sitting there. Personally I like Fitz better. But you BETTER get one of those 2 or you let your team and fans down.
    It's better to fill positions of need through free agency and draft the best player available in the draft. Going into the draft intent on drafting a particular position is a fool's strategy.