Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tomorrow became a must win...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I remember a couple of years ago this team lost 4 out of their last 5 games... and then went on to win the superbowl. One regular season game is not going to tell us the future. You just never know how the chips will fall.
    couple years ago we had a better team

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Ravens are in last place in the North and it's hard to argue that they're playing better football than any of the 3 teams in front of them right now. Hence their 3 divisional losses.

So yeah, tomorrow is a must-win, just like every other game for the rest of the schedule. The Ravens DO NOT control their own destiny. They need help to even win a wild card spot much less the division.

If they go into tonight with a "well, one more loss doesn't kill us" attitude, then one more loss is what they will walk away with.
    This.

I'm not quite feeling the "must win," but more as another poster said, a good gauge...yes I really hope they win, but not getting my hopes up. If they lose, I hope it's at least competitive and our offense takes some steps forward. Obviously not expecting much from the secondary since all the injuries, so I'm just hoping to see the offense hang with the Saints' offense.

But yes, we SHOULD win because I think we are the better team...but not holding my breath given our road woes!

I remember a couple of years ago this team lost 4 out of their last 5 games... and then went on to win the superbowl. One regular season game is not going to tell us the future. You just never know how the chips will fall.
    Sure... but you want to count on that happening again? I don't see that kind of lightning striking twice. In any event, it was only survivable because the Ravens were 9-2 going into that five-game stretch, and because the Steelers and Browns were in disarray. We don't have any of those luxuries this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Sure... but you want to count on that happening again? I don't see that kind of lightning striking twice. In any event, it was only survivable because the Ravens were 9-2 going into that five-game stretch, and because the Steelers and Browns were in disarray. We don't have any of those luxuries this year.
    No I want a blowout win. I'm just saying it's still pretty early

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No I want a blowout win. I'm just saying it's still pretty early
    I'd agree that it was still early if we were 9-2 (or 8-2, if you wanted to compare the record after 10 games that year). It's much less early, relatively speaking, at 6-4.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I'm not quite feeling the "must win," but more as another poster said, a good gauge...yes I really hope they win, but not getting my hopes up. If they lose, I hope it's at least competitive and our offense takes some steps forward. Obviously not expecting much from the secondary since all the injuries, so I'm just hoping to see the offense hang with the Saints' offense.

But yes, we SHOULD win because I think we are the better team...but not holding my breath given our road woes!
    Definitely a SHOULD win, not a must win. At this point in the season you would hope that our team can beat a pretty bad Saints team, even though we are on the road. We should learn allot about how good the Ravens really are. It's a huge test for our secondary.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Mallett looked pretty bad. Honestly I think they'll do better with Fitzpatrick. Mallett just doesn't seem to have NFL accuracy.
    If Mallet doesn't have NFL accuracy that says a lot about Fitzpatrick. I've watched many of his games this year and the guys been pretty bad. He couldn't even get the ball to Andre Johnson (or any of his tight ends for that matter.) As the pringle avatar guy said, he tore his pectoral muscle (supposedly vs the browns) and will be out for the rest of season. Sucks for the Texans cause they won't get a good shot of evaluating Mallet as they planned.

Texans will go nowhere with Fitzpatrick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Miami game is not only subject to the roadie theorem, but it is subject to the Preston jinx. MP has twice in the last week commented that the Ravens should win in Miami because their offense is all "dink and dunk".
    Well, um, I was saying the same thing-lol, before Jimmy went down. I had it as a win and it's still winnable after last night in Denver. It all depends how Joe does on the road which ain't so hot but he should clean up in Houston like he has done in the past.

Blog Entries

I think we match up well against SD. Their OL is spotty, and theyve largely removed the deep ball from the offense except for the occasional shot to floyd. They are a dink and dunk offense, so we shouldnt give up many big plays If we tackle well. Our DL could wreak havoc too. Shield the secondary.

We must win at home vs SD, a wildcard competitor.

Blog Entries

This link from nfl.com says Ravens d can win 11 games which is what it might take to
    win the wild card.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...in-playoff-run

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    This link from nfl.com says Ravens d can win 11 games which is what it might take to
    win the wild card.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...in-playoff-run
    11 wins won't be needed to win a WC. A lot of these contending teams have to play each other, and other tough games.

11 wins would win the division most likely. Pittsburgh is probably good for two more losses, as are the Bengals and Browns, who are probably good for 3 more each.