Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

SI article on Steve Smith

Unfortunately can't find it online anywhere yet, but if you have the opportunity to get your hands on this week's SI, there is an awesome article on Steve Smith. Changed my thinking about him in a lot of ways.

Steve Smith Rules by Greg Bishop.

A couple of pages below:

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: SI article on Steve Smith

Very cool article. Really makes me wish we had had him for more of his career. Seems like a great guy.

Blog Entries

Would've never pegged him as a salad eater, mad spinner, guy who loves to read and travel... and educating himself on finance like he did is impressive as hell. Great read, there's a lot more info in the full article.

Blog Entries

Players could really learn a lot from someone like Smith.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Gotta say I am way more of a fan than I thought I'd be!

Blog Entries

TY, nice read
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Unfortunately can't find it online anywhere yet--
    Would it really make a difference if you could? Ever since they "upgraded" their website, SI.com has been utterly unusable. I used to hang on it daily during the season but after a few exercises in frustration I haven't gone back. At least over at Yahoo Sports I can get scores without half the page shoving autolaunched ads in my face...

And that's a shame because it really does look like a superb article. Sr sounds like the kind of guy you'd want your son to grow up to be--dedicated to his profession but no monomaniac, with a good head on his shoulders & a solid appreciation for the world outside the lines.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Would it really make a difference if you could? Ever since they "upgraded" their website, SI.com has been utterly unusable. I used to hang on it daily during the season but after a few exercises in frustration I haven't gone back. At least over at Yahoo Sports I can get scores without half the page shoving autolaunched ads in my face...

And that's a shame because it really does look like a superb article. Sr sounds like the kind of guy you'd want your son to grow up to be--dedicated to his profession but no monomaniac, with a good head on his shoulders & a solid appreciation for the world outside the lines.
    Yes, I really hesitated to even post anything because I know some won't be able to access the article. I believe in a week or so they'll release it to the public domain and if I see it, I'll post the link. I'm happy to post every page but not sure if that would violate any of the board rules. It's a great article on a guy who turns out to be very intelligent, very well rounded and focused.

He seems like his own man, unconcerned by the perceptions of others. A quote comes to mind, "if you live for others acceptance, you'll die from their rejection". I don't see him as a leader and he's definitely not a follower. He's an example of fortitude and self confidence.

Blog Entries

I read something similar when we first picked him up. Think it was linked to a Carolina forum where they were talking about missing him. Wasn't SI but still showed him to be a very different person in the real world and a real role model. He's just excited on the field. He's similar to Ray was what I first thought. A warrior on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I don't see him as a leader and he's definitely not a follower. He's an example of fortitude and self confidence.
    IMO Sr is the kind of guy the poundits consistently refer to as "leading by example": No rah-rah, no rabble-rousing, just "This is how I do it, it works for me, YMMV."
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMO Sr is the kind of guy the poundits consistently refer to as "leading by example": No rah-rah, no rabble-rousing, just "This is how I do it, it works for me, YMMV."
    lobo, I was thinking about posting a similar thought. You not only beat me to it, but more eloquently than what I would have written. BTW, I really enjoy your long postings, even if I have to have Webster's Dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus handy... LOL
    ... Bc