Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Another Government Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Shown not to agree with your opinion. nothing more, nothing less.
    Except I provided facts not an opinion. Which assertion of facts do you disagree with exactly?

I already explained where you went wrong in your summary, feel free to do the same with mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Except I provided facts not an opinion. Which assertion of facts do you disagree with exactly?

I already explained where you went wrong in your summary, feel free to do the same with mine.
    i stated 1 fact... they didnt want to fund ACA.

even a delay, if youre trying to use that as a technicality, was nothing more than wanting more time to try and appeal it. when everything is funded but ACA, the hallmark law the democrats passed, thats not neutral either. You seem to think this was not their intention... thats opinion and mine varies. theres nothing more to add.
    -JAB

i stated 1 fact... they didnt want to fund ACA.
    Which isn't in dispute, and which tells us nothing about who shut down the government. Which is the entire point we are discussing.

If one side wants to serve turkey, potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and Domino's pizza for Thanksgiving, and the other side agrees to serve turkey, potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce but not Domino's pizza. And both sides are required to sign off on the bill to purchase all the individual aspects of the meal. And the first side absolutely refuses to sign off on the expenditure of turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce without the other side signing off on the pizza, while the second side offers explicitly to sign off on everything other than the pizza right then and there, then who is "holding Thanksgiving hostage", who is trying to "shut down" Thanksgiving? Obviously the first side, the side that only had to sign on the dotted line to get the turkey, potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce.

And "obviously the second side knew the first side would never approve of the turkey without the pizza" is in no way a defense of the first position. In no way.

even a delay, if youre trying to use that as a technicality, was nothing more than wanting more time to try and appeal it. when everything is funded but ACA, the hallmark law the democrats passed, thats not neutral either. You seem to think this was not their intention... thats opinion and mine varies. theres nothing more to add.
    I never said it was not their intention. Nowhere did I say that. In fact I said the opposite. I said they wanted to repeal the entire law, and next best they wanted to defund it, and then they compromised to just delaying parts of it.

But of course this has nothing to do with who shut down the government. Obviously, for the reasons I mentioned, it was the Democrats and they did it to defend their unpopular bill. If you had said, "yes the Democrats shut down the government, but they felt they needed to in order to defend the ACA," then you would be correct and would get no argument from me.

It seems you are confused about what exactly we are debating. We aren't debating intentions, we are debating who refused to fund all the government services that were temporarily 'shut down,' and that was undeniably the Democrats. And they did it for the reasons that I have already mentioned and that you haven't refuted in any way.

Ya know, sometimes I just have to grab coke, kick back and watch Haloti go the f--- off.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Ya know, sometimes I just have to grab coke, kick back and watch Haloti go the f--- off.
    Truth

Blog Entries

Huck slams OBY on use of scriptures and cynical tone the other night.

As for my own interpretation, yea OBYS right, we're supposed to help strangers but Christ also said to render unto Ceasar's which is Ceasar's and unto God which is God's. Another words, obey the law. That's what Pontius Pilate liked about Christ. He said obey the law. He knew Christ did nothing wrong and washed his hands of the matter or tried to.

We let 24M illigal immigrants stay here all these years w/o rounding them up but there is a legal way to come into the country and no one here objects to that as we have made millions citizens over the centuries that did it right. I heard someone say there's more people with Irish names in US than in Ireland.

"Funny how, for the first six years of his administration, even the two years when he had unstoppable majorities in both houses, Scripture did not compel immediate action. But two weeks after the final election he’ll have to deal with, suddenly, Scripture requires us to do this," the Fox News host and possible 2016 presidential candidate wrote.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Mike.../21/id/608899/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-23-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Which isn't in dispute, and which tells us nothing about who shut down the government. Which is the entire point we are discussing.
    so to recap... the republicans do something with intent and knowingly the result they wish to achieve, and when it plays out exactly as intended... its the democrats fault.

so in other words...

Same as they did before. They tried to defund everything the senate and president were trying to do and then just backed away and said "we didnt shut it down"... Which is a pretty weak approach, atleast stand up and own your intentions. might as well have said "we didnt shut down anything we wanted". It was petty then, its petty now. same old shit continues.
    -JAB

so to recap... the republicans do something with intent and knowingly the result they wish to achieve, and when it plays out exactly as intended... its the democrats fault.
    No. To recap....you keep making the same mistaken argument even after it is clearly shown to be mistaken. Feel free to address the points made instead of simply repeating your already-addressed arguments.

so in other words...
    No. And I already explained why, multiple times.

Again, feel free to address the arguments made.

You two start this back up at halftime. It'll be more fun than anything on ESPN.

Blog Entries

Ill stick with my short summary of basically what you just wrote a novel about.

You can point fingers at the Democrats all you want but the budget was based on not funding ACA which was just another lame attempt at killing the law, which they knew the other side would never agree to before they even passed it, which is exactly why they did it.
    :word