Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: OT - Peterson Suspended for rest of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And then texted about it, almost sounding proud he did it and that it may actually not have been enough.

A 4 year old has zero clue why here being hit. And he wanted to beat him more?

He's a sick fuck and this goes beyond the normal debate of corporal punishment.
    I concur.

Another thing that gets me is he's had one of his children die already due to abuse at the hands of the baby mamma's boyfriend. I remember the Vikings had a game a day or two later and he ended up playing. At the time I thought "Damn, there's no way I could handle playing a game, much less any other functions of daily life - if I lost a child." I didn't judge him because we all deal with tragedy differently and maybe going on about things as normal was best for AP? At this point though looking back.. I can't help but question if he really even gave a shit? I hate to say that (even now) but as the OP said... He's a piece of shit and from what we've seen, it wouldn't surprise me?

I understand kids need discipline, and I get spankings, but lashes, (particularly to the sac) and sticks to the head are unacceptable to say the least! Who knows what else has happened, or could have happened had this not have come out? Hopefully it will cause him not abuse his kids anymore, and hopefully he can become a better individual.

I also agree with Goodell's statement. I concur that they need a much better balance when it comes to the punishment of players (obviously) and I believe there should be more people involved or better yet not involve Goodell at all since he's fucked up multiple times (Spygate, BountyGate, Ray Rice).. I'm not a fan of the guy, but he was on the money with regards to the AP statement.
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Blog Entries

Heard Peter King this morning. He said that if AP had just gone to the NFL meeting last Tuesday, shown some remorse and plans to make sure it was not going to happen again, the league was going to give him one game. But by not even showing up, they saw it as arrogance and not accepting any blame at all. Thus the harsh ruling.

PK still thinks Peterson will play this year but only after he shows that he gets it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Goodell trying to play God is worse than the Devil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Heard Peter King this morning. He said that if AP had just gone to the NFL meeting last Tuesday, shown some remorse and plans to make sure it was not going to happen again, the league was going to give him one game. But by not even showing up, they saw it as arrogance and not accepting any blame at all. Thus the harsh ruling.

PK still thinks Peterson will play this year but only after he shows that he gets it.
    Well, I didn't know that! Screw AP. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Punishments are based on bowing down to King Goodell. Which simply exacerbates the problem of not having guidelines in place and leaving punishment in the hands of someone who lets personal feelings cloud his decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Punishments are based on bowing down to King Goodell. Which simply exacerbates the problem of not having guidelines in place and leaving punishment in the hands of someone who lets personal feelings cloud his decisions.

I just don't understand where people come up with half the stuff they do in regards to Goodell.

The guy is a puppet and fall guy. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I just don't understand where people come up with half the stuff they do in regards to Goodell.

I'm guessing some people actually look at both sides of the story before they make decisions on where they stand. Here's how the players (DeMaurice Smith) are feeling about Goodell's personal conduct policies (or lack thereof), if that makes any difference to you.

"The process that the NFL has employed since the beginning of the season has been arbitrary, inconsistent, uneven and inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement," Smith told ESPN. "You get the feeling that the National Football League, over the last few months, has simply been making it up as they go along. And that is something that is not in the best interest of the game, certainly not in the best interest of the players, and I know not in the best interest of our sponsors.

"This is a league that can do better. And when we are a part of something that lacks process, and when we are a part of something that lacks transparency, and when our fans see the commissioner in a press conference that does not inspire the appropriate level of confidence, I know that there is a growing gap between the player and the league office. And that shouldn't be."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...dell/19223305/
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

The guy is a puppet and fall guy. Nothing more.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This.
    So you haven't heard any of the complaints about Goodell being inconsistent?
    Here's a link to players tweeting about it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-roger-goodell

Here's a link about Brees going off on Goodell because of the Bounty gate issue.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-roger-goodell

Here's one by Steelers fans about incosistency.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/08/30...-commissioner/

Now you may agree or disagree. But there is plenty of evidence that Goodell is at best inconsistent. Which certainly undermines your suggesting that people are just making it up about Goodell.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So you haven't heard any of the complaints about Goodell being inconsistent?
    Here's a link to players tweeting about it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-roger-goodell

Here's a link about Brees going off on Goodell because of the Bounty gate issue.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-roger-goodell

Here's one by Steelers fans about incosistency.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/08/30...-commissioner/

Now you may agree or disagree. But there is plenty of evidence that Goodell is at best inconsistent. Which certainly undermines your suggesting that people are just making it up about Goodell.
    We were not talking about his inconsistency.