Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Looks like the Ravens missed the boat on Jonas Gray

A worse cut than Gray was Priest Holmes who became one of the greatest runners in NFL history in KC. He had trouble moving the chains in the red zone and Billick wanted a pile driver and drafted Jamal Lewis who did just that but Priest was cut.

He had no prob moving the chains in KC because Vermeil devised the blocking schemes to suit his style of running which was was similar to Rice's.

Billick couldn't figure that out but Ravens couldn't afford both Priest and Jamal.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    No way Ravens run like that. They'll run it some then abandon it like in Indy and other places and go pass happy.

That's the west coast offense but they need to run like posted above.
    Think it was a bad coaching decision, but it's all flacco's fault.. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    I thought this sounded familiar, and lo and behold:

"11-17-2013, 09:01 PM #4 Loyola
    Aug 2013
    Posts 572
    Re: bobby boy
    I think its time to seriously question the decision making skill set of the coaches who would keep Trawick over Rainey. I hope the Rainey decision comes back to haunt them over and over again."

You are one disturbed dude.
    Like I said, it's his typical trolling ways.

Blog Entries

A worse cut than Gray was Priest Holmes who became one of the greatest runners in NFL history in KC. He had trouble moving the chains in the red zone and Billick wanted a pile driver and drafted Jamal Lewis who did just that but Priest was cut.

He had no prob moving the chains in KC because Vermeil devised the blocking schemes to suit his style of running which was was similar to Rice's.

Billick couldn't figure that out but Ravens couldn't afford both Priest and Jamal.
    Excellent example and well said/written too... Bc

Funny that billick was considered an offensive genius on the Minnesota team,came to Baltimore and never develop a QB and won a SB on the efforts of the defense and the field goal kicker. Yea dilfer was the QB, but the defense was awesome. Billick promptly got rid of dilfer and acquired Grbac, the rest is history.

Blog Entries

Anyone remember Timmy Smith?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Excellent example and well said/written too... Bc

Thanks man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Funny that billick was considered an offensive genius on the Minnesota team,came to Baltimore and never develop a QB and won a SB on the efforts of the defense and the field goal kicker. Yea dilfer was the QB, but the defense was awesome. Billick promptly got rid of dilfer and acquired Grbac, the rest is history.
    Yup, but Jamal went down in first week of practice which cost us SB 36 although Shannan Sharpe said we should have one it w/o him but the team lost its swagger.

Speaking of kicker, there was one game Billick gave the game ball to the punter for being our best offensive threat. We went thru several games w/o scoring a Td.

But the idea was to have Elvis' strong arm and Jamal's
    strong legs. Elvis still got us to the playoffs and beat Miami with a 50 yard pass from his own goal line out to mid field.

Dilfer had a terrible practice before SB35 and Boomer walked over to Matte at half time and said Ravens should be winning 50-0 but Dilfer missed so many. His big connection to Brandon Stokely took forever to get there but the DB was so far out of position it didn't matter.

Dilfer couldn't throw the quick out.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-17-2014 at 04:02 PM.

...Billick wanted a pile driver and drafted Jamal Lewis who did just that but Priest was cut.
    Pretty sure it's Ozzie that drafts players.

And much as I love Priest, he had the advantage of rushing behind an absolutely filthy o-line in KC. Roaf, Shields -- those guys were awesome. I'm not sure how Priest would have done behind Bennie Anderson and Ethan Brooks.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone remember Timmy Smith?
    Yea man, and how about Derek Anderson whom Billick tried to sneak thru waivers. Man were they upset when Phil claimed him but he was in Derek's coach's office who got a call from Derek who said the Ravens were going to try to sneak him on the practice squad. Coach said to hold on a min.

He told Phil that Derek was the real deal so Phil put in the claim. He started a few years out there. I was at camp every day back then and thought Anderson was much better than Boller. He threw a nice long spiral.

He told Phil that Derek was the real deal so Phil put in the claim. He started a few years out there. I was at camp every day back then and thought Anderson was much better than Boller. He threw a nice long spiral.
    Him throwing a nice long spiral is about as useful as Boller throwing through the goalposts from the 50. They both have a career QB rating around 70. They both sucked.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Just let Jonas Gray go from my fantasy team this past week - had him for about 3 weeks, but could never pull the trigger and put him in - he had a great game, but I really didn't see anything special in his running - it was more about a great day for the Pat's OLine - even Brady kinda took the day off.