Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: The next three games

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Joe and the offense are going to get many opportunties with the ball, because I don't see the defense getting off of the field.
    here you go with that again... have you looked at the time of possession for the games? almost dead even. Have you looked at how many 3 and outs the offense puts up? They were 4 of 13 against the Titans.

Your argument simply doesn't hold up.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I really think that our defense will outperform the offense vs the Saints. The question is will that be b/c the defense played lights out or the offense shit the bed. This offense has known to shit the bed vs mediocre defense. My early prediction for this game is 33 - 27 ravens.

I feel a lot better about our chances of defending against the breeze with the hill and brooks lurking deep in the field.

The game at Miami will be like last year - a home game. I've already been to Tampa this year so had no plans for another roadie to Florida, but we may head down depending on what happens against the Saints and Chargers.

I like our chances against Miami. They dink and dunk and our front 7 can handle that. The Brees and Rivers matchups are troublesome although neither of those teams is having a great year. Hell, San Diego lost 37-0 at Miami. Rivers playing on the East Coast a 1 PM is good for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    here you go with that again... have you looked at the time of possession for the games? almost dead even. Have you looked at how many 3 and outs the offense puts up? They were 4 of 13 against the Titans.

Your argument simply doesn't hold up.
    You keep looking at stats to justify your stances, without taking what your eyes show you and the minute that PPG allowed stat (Which you've used as a be-all-end-all) was thrown back in your face you tried to qualify it with how many turnovers the offense had.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Miami is the most important game.

For our offense, Miami losing a starting corner in Will Davis to a torn ACL is unfortunate but lucky break for us. I imagine Grimes will lock down Smith Sr and Reshad Jones, who is a great safety, may limit the deep balls and possibly nab a pick or two against Torrey. Key to this game is going to be negating the pass rush Cameron Wake brings by attacking their linebackers. I expect Owen Daniels and Gilmore to have a big game, and we might see more stretch plays with Forsett. If Campanero comes back, that'll be a great addition. I expect Juice to get a couple of wheel routes as well.

Defensively, we match up well because their strength running - stopping the run is what Moseley, Suggs, and Upshaw excel at. I imagine Doom and McPhee will have a blast blitzing against whoever their replacement tackle is. They have a very good interior so I don't imagine we'll collapse the pocket too much, but I can't see them getting too much push against Ngata and Williams. I think as long as the secondary plays disciplined to not give up the big play - their performance against the Titans gives me confidence in Hill and Brooks - we should pull it out.

Why were the Saints dominated at home by Cincy? That mystery was not solved by the two sets of highlites I saw on the game. The MNF affair is the Saints' third straight home game (0-2 thus far) in a place where they usually are - until very recently - a very dominant team. That bothers me a lot. At 4-6, they are very much in the playoffs picture. Winning the NFC South is a two-team race with the 4-6 Falconers. Looking at both of their schedules, there really isn't much separating them - including tiebreakers.

If the Ravens are serious about winning the extremely-tight AFC North competition, they won't sleepwalk out of the bye week into the bayou the way their offense did against Cincy in the home opener. The Ravens have played twice in New Orleans and are 2-0 there (including something called SB XLVII). Atlanta's imminent schedule is much tougher; if the Saints were forced to admit it, they would survive a loss to the Ravens.

This game is the pivotal one of the next three. Many of you believe the Ravens can afford a loss to an NFC team to protect their AFC tiebreakers picture. Before the season began, I predicted a loss in New Orleans because I thought the Saints would be a much stronger team. But now, it appears that the Dolphins are a significantly improved team over the one the Ravens defeated last season in come-from-behind fashion. Looking ahead, with QB Rivers struggling with sore ribs in San Diego, it is the Miami game that concerns me the most for now. Obviously, the Ravens must win at least two of the next three - which makes the Saints game that much more important. No doubt it is going to be a real test for our revamped secondary. Looking forward to it IF our offense 'shows up' WITHOUT turnovers.