Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Blog Entries

Re: Kubiak digging into what Joe is comfortable with over the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Joe has gone from SB MVP to Boller. He can't beat the good teams, only the
    bad ones. Hate to say it but I just put Joe and Boller in the same sentence.
    This is why nobody takes you serious here.

Blog Entries

I see this thread went to hell.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I see this thread went to hell.
    In other words, SOP.
    Captain Offense

I can't put my finger on Flacco - he seems like a totally different quarterback than he was his first year, or even a few years ago. Not in a tangible way, or in a way I can explain, or either even better or worse. I don't mean from an experience standpoint either. It is odd, I can just sense the difference when I watch him. Maybe he has just not found his identity as a QB? He does do a lot of things very well, a collective skill set better than most QB's in the league, but necessarily the best at any given skill. I feel like the Ravens never really built a team around him, maybe that is part of it? Every top QB has some unique identifying skill he is known for, but I don't think Joe deos. Not knocking him, as I said his collective skill set is tops. The guy can throw football for a mile with the tightest spiral I have ever seen for sure. To me, he seems like he could work wonders for a mid-level team, even more so than one of the celebrated QB's with a single skill set, as he can do just about anything at a top level. Not that my subjective observation means anything.

Blog Entries

Joe is definitely a difficult QB to figure out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

So far in his career the description I would give him is consistently inconsistent. He shows flashes of brilliance followed by some mediocre play with the occasional head scratcher thrown in. I heard a guy make a very reasonable statement the other day regarding Flacco and the comparisons people make with him and other QB's namely Manning and Brady. Basically the guy said that it is unfair to compare Flacco's game to that of two first ballot HOF players. I agree.

Kubiak digging into what Joe is comfortable with over the bye week.

Joe would be considered a good to great QB but for playing during an era where three to four of the best QB's in league history at the same time.

He can't escape the comparisons and that's not a fair judgement of his talent.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-16-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I can't put my finger on Flacco - he seems like a totally different quarterback than he was his first year, or even a few years ago.

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say. My comparison to Boller was for this year
    only. If nobody liked it, tough shit. I don't give a damn. It's a message board so I posted an opinion. In the past two years for whatever reason Joe has done nothing. This year he hasn't beaten a good team.

Not in a tangible way, or in a way I can explain, or either even better or worse. I don't mean from an experience standpoint either. It is odd, I can just sense the difference when I watch him. Maybe he has just not found his identity as a QB? He does do a lot of things very well, a collective skill set better than most QB's in the league, but necessarily the best at any given skill. I feel like the Ravens never really built a team around him, maybe that is part of it?

The Ravens did build a team around him. They gave him a good running game drafting Rice the same year. NE was pissed and when they called Oz after the draft and said they didn't expect him to take Rice because we had McGahee, OZ said CAM wants two strong runners to get thru the season. Ever since then NE has been moving in front of OZ to get the guy they want like Gronk and Hightower fearing Ozzie would draft them.

Besides Ray Oz signed Boldin as well as TJ and Evans. Joe should have won two SBs but it
    wasn't his fault with the Evans drop and Billy Goat's miss. Joe took them down the field and laid
    it in Evans lap who didn't secure the ball. A freak thing but that wasn't on Joe. He also had those
    great defenses and that EVans team was actually better than the team that won it all the next year but those were our two windows. Oz gave him plenty of weapons including Pitta who won SB 47 with a great catch and not to mention drafting Torrey Smith and signing JJ. Oz also signed a strong blocking FB to protect Joe and Rice in Leach.

Torrey and JJ were the keys to SB47 taking up their best CBs deep into the corners which opened up the middle where Pitta caught his TD plus other catches. Even Dickson had catches
    over the middle in that game. I even posted above that Joe hit Boldin on the crucial 3rd down
    play on a check-off after he read their D and drilled the ball thru a very tigh window. So far
    he's not doing it this year. Maybe it's the new system, maybe not but a guy who has been
    around as long as Joe shouldn't have this much trouble with a new system and pull the coach
    out of film study to make things easier for him.

Every top QB has some unique identifying skill he is known for, but I don't think Joe deos. Not knocking him, as I said his collective skill set is tops. The guy can throw football for a mile with the tightest spiral I have ever seen for sure. To me, he seems like he could work wonders for a mid-level team, even more so than one of the celebrated QB's with a single skill set, as he can do just about anything at a top level. Not that my subjective observation means anything.
    It's just a message board for opinions, just a place to have some fun and post what you
    think about the Ravens. My opinion is Joe isn't performing because of the mental aspect and hopefully that will change quick and he'll beat Saints coming up in NO.

All is just a humble one man's opinion.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-16-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Blog Entries

I almost wish Flacco would've left the Ravens, and we would've got stuck with another QB carousel. Some fans are just prima donnas. This isn't Madden 15. You can't just add Peyton or Brady to your roster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Joe would be considered a good to great QB but for playing during an era where three to four of the best QB's in league history at the same time.

He can't escape the comparisons and that's not a fair judgement of his talent.
    This is probably the best statement in this thread.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I almost wish Flacco would've left the Ravens, and we would've got stuck with another QB carousel. Some fans are just prima donnas. This isn't Madden 15. You can't just add Peyton or Brady to your roster.
    Shit.

In my Madden I signed Jeremy Maclin and traded Daryl Smith for Reuben Randle.

:-D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.