Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Mosley would be starting in the Pro Bowl if voting ended today

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Some people really go over board here. The majority of people that disliked the pick had no issue with mosley. Many just preferred a wideout, or in my case a corner back.

You could still argue, drafting a top cb and having brown and smith and mlb could have been better for this defense the way the chips have fallen with jimmys injury.

All in all, great player, hope the injuries stay away.
    I think theres some truth to that. I liked Mosley and thought he was good. I just didnt think ILB were worth that high of a pick unless they were Kuechly or Willis... which I obviously didnt think mosely was, and was wrong. I think he surprised the coaches a little bit as well though, so im not beating myself up too much for that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

There were people who wanted a Safety. Calvin Pryor went one pick after Mosley and I read recently that the Jets benched him. Clinton-Dix (who many rated as the #1 Safety) was taken #21 by Green Bay. He seems to be having a solid season (9 games = 47 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 FF). Jimmie Ward (a fan favorite on this board) went to the 49ers @ #30, but doesn't seem to have much in the way of stats... Bc

Blog Entries

Yea, I wanted Ward hoping he'd be in the 2d round. Solo's final mock had Zack as the safe pick and Ward in the 2d round. I think Ward has been injured. Not sure.

It's still hard to believe Dallas picked Zack over Mosley since they needed defense
    so much. They wanted Shazier but no other d guys in the first.

BTW, did anyone notice Forcett running over Shazier in Piss? That guy definitely has to bulk up. Pitta carried him on his back for about 10 yds and a big gainer in their first meeting.

Blog Entries

I disliked the pick at the time...I didn't think the Ravens needed to take another ILB early, and I also didn't think Mosley was going to be the kind of player a first round ILB/MLB needs to be for it to be worth the pick.

I'm still not convinced that ILB was the best option there considering the other needs on this team but I was totally wrong on him from an ability standpoint. I said after the draft he needed to be Keuchley-like to be worth where they took him and while maybe he hasn't been quite at that level he's been very close.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

You could still argue, drafting a top cb and having brown and smith and mlb could have been better for this defense the way the chips have fallen with jimmys injury.
    Not really. 1st round picks are an investment that, hopefully, lasts 10+ years. You don't downgrade from an elite talent just to fill a more glaring need in the guy's rookie year. At the risk of making a Ray Lewis comparison, our corners were horrible in 1996 too. That doesn't mean you pass on him for Tory James.

Blog Entries

Well, I for one, knew that Mosley would be good. This good so soon? No, but I knew that the only reason he fell to 17 was the nature of how his position is viewed in the draft. I'll add that the school he came from also played a role. He was far better than the 17th best player in this draft.

It would be nice to finally see the experiment in place with Arthur Brown playing beside him. Down the stretch, these athletic TEs are going to eat Smith and eat the LBs overall right over top of the underneath coverage.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Not really. 1st round picks are an investment that, hopefully, lasts 10+ years. You don't downgrade from an elite talent just to fill a more glaring need in the guy's rookie year. At the risk of making a Ray Lewis comparison, our corners were horrible in 1996 too. That doesn't mean you pass on him for Tory James.
    I didn't think mosley was that much better than dennard or fuller who went 2 picks earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I didn't think mosley was that much better than dennard or fuller who went 2 picks earlier.

Blog Entries

Some people really go over board here. The majority of people that disliked the pick had no issue with mosley. Many just preferred a wideout, or in my case a corner back.

All in all, great player, hope the injuries stay away.
    Arthur Brown can't even see the field in the sub packages. There's obviously a reason for that. Mosley has been arguably the main part of the front 7's success this season, especially in run defense. Without Mosley, we probably don't have as much success in that area without him.

And as stated before its not about this season, and who can fill holes for this season, it's about the long term investment in an elite LB.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Arthur Brown can't even see the field in the sub packages. There's obviously a reason for that. Mosley has been arguably the main part of the front 7's success this season, especially in run defense. Without Mosley, we probably don't have as much success in that area without him.

And as stated before its not about this season, and who can fill holes for this season, it's about the long term investment in an elite LB.
    See above

So, the current leaders for the Pro Bowl have been announced. Here's the link for offense, then you can click your way to the one for defense:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eaders-offense

How can Juice be the only offensive guy for the Ravens who's even close to the Pro Bowl? Yanda, Forsett certainly deserves it, while Smith and Osemele should at least get a few votes (Wagner too, but RTs are always overlooked).