Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2015 WR's To Watch

Love this quote by Daniel Jeremiah:

Coates: TO's body, OBJ's burst, DHB's hands
    Auburn redshirt junior WR Sammie Coates has "[Terrell Owens'] body, [Odell Beckham Jr.'s] burst and [Darrius Heyward-Bey's] hands," writes NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Is he better than Brown, Aiken or Camp? ^ because honestly we dont need anymore depth. We already have guys that barely see the field. No sense in wasting a 5th on another WR thatll be shuffled to the bottom of the depth chart.
    Fair point and I can't honestly say he would be leaps and bounds better than those three.

Still doesn't mean I don't like Miller as a prospect though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Love this quote by Daniel Jeremiah:
    I don't disagree at all.

The dude is a total stoner as well.

Here's a quick gif of Agholor last summer vs a press CB.
    I got a few frames of the end of the previous rep at the beginning of the clip.

http://gfycat.com/ChubbyEthicalCod#?speed=0.0625

Better than most, but more important is the flexibility in his ankles and hips. Not a lot of wasted movement up top either.

Joint flexibility to this degree is a "base attribute" and its largely natural. Yoga, for example, can give you an edge, but you either have it or you don't. If you do have it then it can be enhanced over time. So Agholor has a natural path to become a press-beater plus he can also increase both his lower body power and upper body strength. In the release and route running categories, Agholor is a good piece of clay to work with.

Note: Parker and Cooper are better in this department
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Same rep, a second later, Agholor transition from full stride to in-and-out of his hook is excellent.

Ignore the DB slipping, just look at Agholor's pace, balance, control and notice that he has almost no waste in his movements. He's also showing you his ability to add a devastating double-move to this same stem.

http://gfycat.com/BlindTheseAmethyst...hon#?speed=0.5
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 01-06-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Same rep, a second later, Agholor transition from full stride to in-and-out of his hook is excellent.

Ignore the DB slipping, just look at Agholor's pace, balance, control and notice that he has almost no waste in his movements. He's also showing you his ability to add a devastating double-move to this same stem.

http://gfycat.com/BlindTheseAmethyst...hon#?speed=0.5
    What I like about Agholor in this gif is he doesn't even stutter step or break off his route until the ball is in the air. The DB has no idea that the pass has been thrown.

Very deceptive.

Blog Entries

More on Agholor...

He's listed as 6'-6'1" and around 190lbs.

I think he's more in the 5'11" - 6' range and 190lbs is probably pretty close. He might weigh in heavier if he wants to show that he's added strength while not losing explosiveness. That would be the smart thing to do.

Regardless, look at this kid's hops:

Just guesstimating, but that is probably around a 38-40" vertical. Impressive IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    More on Agholor...

He's listed as 6'-6'1" and around 190lbs.

I think he's more in the 5'11" - 6' range and 190lbs is probably pretty close. He might weigh in heavier if he wants to show that he's added strength while not losing explosiveness. That would be the smart thing to do.

Regardless, look at this kid's hops:

Just guesstimating, but that is probably around a 38-40" vertical. Impressive IMO.
    Very nice. And I agree about his mass. Looks like he lands between ABrown and Cobb. Marqise Lee is on the same video package and Agholor looks bigger... so that's another datapoint for now.

He was a frequent body catcher in 2013, but looks to have made nice strides with his hands in 2014. Uses his ups moderately well, but his timing needs a little work. Also needs to get his hands consistently out front of him on contesteds. All coachable and workable.

He's a 2nd rounder at worst, but I'm likely to put a premium on flexibility going forward (along with feet agility as I always have), so he may land as a bottom 1st on my board. We'll see.

@BigPlayReceiver

Heh...another thing about Agholor that stands out is his ability to track the deep ball over his shoulder.
    Caveat: I need to watch game tape so as to find deep incompletions. Game tape is minimal on him to-date.

Haven't watched it yet, but the 2013 USC/ND is on YT.
    Agholor went 6/89/0 in that one.

EDIT: The '14 Holiday Bowl is up on YT also. Agholor went 7/90/1.

I asked draftbreakdown.com to move him up the queue since he declared.
    It was acknowledged so hopefully we'll see cut-ups over the next 2-3 weeks.
    I'm going to try to run a bit of a hack on Pac-12.com to see if I can get some game tape :bag:

Oh, Agholor is also a team captain and has no injury history to speak of.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 01-07-2015 at 11:55 AM.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fair point and I can't honestly say he would be leaps and bounds better than those three.

Still doesn't mean I don't like Miller as a prospect though.
    No sweat brother. After doing some research myself i like him too. Just not what we need. Anymore anyway. Couple years ago wed be on him like stink on shit for some depth. Lol

Blog Entries

So BPR. Who do you think fits the Ravens best under Kubes system. Given no more Torrey, SR coming back for one more year and a obvious need of a 1 WR, AND Oz finally oulling the trigger again in the 1st.
    Agholor
    Strong
    White
    Coates
    Hardy

Im thinking its possible all above may be available where we pick, which at this point is mid 20s. Sure maybe 1 is off the board, White seems to be seen as getting picked in the mid to late teens depending the mock, same with coates. But given the influx of WR last year and seeing the teams they have mocking them to my guess is one of the 2 is still available. Hell some mocks even have Strong going in the early 20s. But again who they have them mocked to just doesnt make sense.

So what order do you put them in? I was a WR in HS for varsity. Played QB in jV but i stopped growing so was too short come 10th grade and got moved to 3rd/4th on the depth chart at WR. So i know what im looking at, but certainly not at this level. Whats your take bubba?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    So BPR. Who do you think fits the Ravens best under Kubes system. Given no more Torrey, SR coming back for one more year and a obvious need of a 1 WR, AND Oz finally oulling the trigger again in the 1st.
    Agholor
    Strong
    White
    Coates
    Hardy

Im thinking its possible all above may be available where we pick, which at this point is mid 20s. Sure maybe 1 is off the board, White seems to be seen as getting picked in the mid to late teens depending the mock, same with coates. But given the influx of WR last year and seeing the teams they have mocking them to my guess is one of the 2 is still available. Hell some mocks even have Strong going in the early 20s. But again who they have them mocked to just doesnt make sense.

So what order do you put them in? I was a WR in HS for varsity. Played QB in jV but i stopped growing so was too short come 10th grade and got moved to 3rd/4th on the depth chart at WR. So i know what im looking at, but certainly not at this level. Whats your take bubba?
    I need to log several more hours of film study before I can rank them and determine who fits best a) opposite SR in 2015 (assuming your scenario of Torrey being gone), and b) being a featured WR in 2016. That said, I think White will be gone, so of the cats that you've listed, it would be among Agholor, Strong, Coates and Hardy.

Unfortunately, any rankings from me right now would be biased and half-baked. I've watched Hardy the most though, and think he's excellent...just not sure if he's a guy to be the featured WR in 2016.

@BigPlayReceiver