Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Too Much Offense

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The reality is that most parents don't involve their kids in sports to become pro athletes, no matter what the sport. But if less are playing football because of the safety concerns that means less of a talent pool for HS, college, and ultimately the NFL.

I don't disagree about the popularity of baseball. It has always been right up there with football and basketball. But soccer over the past 2 decades has become hugely popular in this country. When I was a kid soccer was not even offered in HS, and we had no youth leagues in the area. It was basically baseball, football and basketball. Today soccer has become just as popular as the big three sports.
    I read somewhere that Lebron James won't allow his kids to play football due to safety concerns. He grew up playing both football and basketball. It's an interesting dynamic. I don't have kids yet but I plan on allowing them to decide which sports they want to play after educating them on the risks.

Re: Too Much Offense

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I read somewhere that Lebron James won't allow his kids to play football due to safety concerns. He grew up playing both football and basketball. It's an interesting dynamic. I don't have kids yet but I plan on allowing them to decide which sports they want to play after educating them on the risks.
    I think that is a sound approach.

I kind of nudged my oldest son toward football but knowing what I know today, I would not. I couldn't keep my youngest son from the football field. He just loved it at an early age.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis