Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh post game comments?

whoa whoa whoa... division rivals talking poorly about the other?

tell me when something is actually news. They did get their ass kicked, so whats the issue here?
    -JAB

The comment was lame. The only problem I have with it is that the stillers really didn't "get their asses handed to them". They lost a close one on the road to a shitty opponent. Now the Bears "got their asses handed to them" last night. That was an ass whoopin'.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The comment was lame. The only problem I have with it is that the stillers really didn't "get their asses handed to them". They lost a close one on the road to a shitty opponent. Now the Bears "got their asses handed to them" last night. That was an ass whoopin'.
    garbage time TD is the only reason that game was remotely "close". They got beat in all 3 phases.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    garbage time TD is the only reason that game was remotely "close". They got beat in all 3 phases.
    Garbage time? lol. They were not out of the game at that point. The Garbage time started at 1:16 left in the game when the onside kick failed. Not a "got their asses handed to them" game at all.

Blog Entries

Garbage time? lol. They were not out of the game at that point. The Garbage time started at 1:16 left in the game when the onside kick failed. Not a "got their asses handed to them" game at all.
    There was zero doubt how that game was going to end, because they got beat in all 3 phases. Lucky TD late didnt change that remotely.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think the surprise was that it came against a team that had lost 8 straight games and haven't even been very competitive. Pitt thought they were on top of the world after 3 straight big wins. He's just saying it's not over, anything can happen. At least that's the way I took it.

Front page of Yahoo, first post on Facebook, yeah they're getting as much mileage as they can out of 'sorry we didn't mean to post this'.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Only if you throw in Dalton for Flacco too. Deal? ... Bc
    You've gotta be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    There was zero doubt how that game was going to end, because they got beat in all 3 phases. Lucky TD late didnt change that remotely.
    Seriously? Zero doubt? As bad as Pitt played in that game is was not over until the onside kick failed. Especially against a team that had lost 8 straight games, and considering that Jen has been on fire lately. I don't care how you want to spin it, it was not a blowout.

As for Harbaugh's comment, I don't have a problem with it at all. He's just trying to stir some emotions with his players. I was just pointing out that is was not factually true.

It was 20-3 until there were seven minutes left in the game. 20-6 with a minute and a half left. That game was never close. The Titans were closer to beating us, and they weren't very close at all. That doesn't mean it wasn't possible. We've seen some amazing comebacks. But the fact that they didn't complete an amazing comeback does not mean the game was close. And when you factor in the opponent quality, yeah, I consider that getting their asses handed to them.

Here's the win probability for the whole game:

Attachment 2422
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It was 20-3 until there were seven minutes left in the game. 20-6 with a minute and a half left. That game was never close. The Titans were closer to beating us, and they weren't very close at all. That doesn't mean it wasn't possible. We've seen some amazing comebacks. But the fact that they didn't complete an amazing comeback does not mean the game was close. And when you factor in the opponent quality, yeah, I consider that getting their asses handed to them.

Here's the win probability for the whole game:

Attachment 2422
    I hear what you're saying but I still stand by comments. JAB says there was garbage time. I say that is wrong. There was not garbage time because the stillers were not out of the game at any point up until the failed onside kick with 1:16 left, for reasons that I have already stated. If you're saying that the stillers looked like shit then I totally agree. But they did not "get their asses handed to them". At least as I would define that term.

The bears got their asses handed to them last night. We got our asses handed to us against Pitt last week.

I hear what you're saying but I still stand by comments. JAB says there was garbage time. I say that is wrong. There was not garbage time because the stillers were not out of the game at any point up until the failed onside kick with 1:16 left, for reasons that I have already stated. If you're saying that the stillers looked like shit then I totally agree. But they did not "get their asses handed to them". At least as I would define that term.

The bears got their asses handed to them last night. We got our asses handed to us against Pitt last week.
    There is certainly no objective definition of "getting your ass handed to you." And I agree, there was no garbage time. Garbage time is when it is pretty much mathematically impossible for a team to come back (e.g. down by four scores with two minutes left.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

By that chart the entire 4th quarter was "garbage time" and thats without considering how poorly they played the entire game. one play does not make for a change in that aspect. To each their own but I dont understand anybody watching that game thinking the Steelers were going to come back, even after the late score, based on their play... and they didnt.
    -JAB