Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So. How do we feel going into the bye?

I still think 9-7 is a real possibility. Beating the Saints in The Dome is going to be very hard.

However, if they can fix the OL issues then 10-6 or 11-5 is not out of reach.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

105.7 was going down the schedules of the other divisional teams after the game. They all have pretty rough schedules, especially compared to ours. That should give us at least some hope for the playoffs - I don't think wild card is going to happen, too many solid teams in the AFC.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Do you really just wanna "sneak into the post season?" Because honestly that's a double edged deal. Sneak in cause you really don't belong there(which is this team right now) or sneak in cause you go on fire at the end and have to FIGHT you're way in by winning you're way in there. The former is what we are right now and don't want it. The latter is what can propel you to a SB. So well see
    You get to the big dance and then you see. Our SB run we lost 4 out of our last 5. Anytime you go into the post season, you have momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    This game wasn't the worst or best for Joe. He looked bad at times but made a couple of clutch throws. I think it's fair to call him inconsistent.
    Flacco's inconsistency is a product of his receivers dropping passes. Whenever he's in a rhythm BOOM dropped passed and whenever he's playing poorly none of our receivers help him.

5 of Cincy's last 7 games are on the road, and the two at home are against the Broncos and Steelers. That's going to be a tough stretch for them.

Miami still has to play the Jets twice and go to Denver and New England. They get us in their stadium, which I think is a "must win" for us.

Cleveland I think has the best chance to win the division. They have a fairly easy stretch save for playing us in M&T, but at least they get the Bengals and Colts at home. Steelers similarly have an easy stretch, although they play the Bengals twice, but they get KC at home.

KC has a tough slate and if they survive it, they deserve to be in: vs Seahawks, vs Denver, @Arizona, @Pitt, and vs San Diego. San Diego might actually have it even worse - they play @Baltimore, vs New England, vs Denver, @San Fran, and @KC. That's brutal.

We have four games remaining that I think are toss-ups. @New Orleans, vs San Diego, @ Miami, and vs Cleveland to close out the season. I see us dropping the game at New Orleans and possibly Miami because it's on the road. I think we beat SD because traveling cross country is tough. Can't say about the Cleveland game, fortunately it's at home. Maybe they'll have locked up the division by then and rest their starters.

In all honesty, I could see our division sending three teams to the playoffs. I just hope it's Pitt or Cincy that gets dropped behind, not us.

Edit; Miami lost their left tackle. Odds in our favor.
    Last edited by Ravenalytics; 11-09-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Flacco's inconsistency is a product of his receivers dropping passes. Whenever he's in a rhythm BOOM dropped passed and whenever he's playing poorly none of our receivers help him.
    That definitely plays a part in it, but he does have a tendency to make a few poor throws each game.

My biggest gripe of Flacco's game is that he rarely takes what the field is giving him. He tries to force far too much and that's why he throws picks or takes unnecessary sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I agree. I'm a tad worried about our offense specifically the OL. But feeling with the bye they can right that ship.

Now the defense is another story. I didn't see Jacobs. Did anyone? Was he out there? Gorrer played very well and better than the 2 clowns we cut. So that's a plus. Levine pkayed very well as a DB. But than again that was against poor talent. And once Walker went out that was a wrap for their talent.
    Honestly that first quarter I was scared. Or hopeful they were just going for a top 10 pick. I dunno. But right now this team is NOT a playoff team. With this personnel and this coaching on D I'm really hoping we don't make the playoffs. Cause it's looking like one and done and than you're hanging you're hat on "at least we made the PO" when we're picking 6 or 7 spots later for no purpose.
    You can go ahead and stop calling yourself a Ravens fan. Bye bye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My biggest gripe of Flacco's game is that he rarely takes what the field is giving him. He tries to force far too much and that's why he throws picks or takes unnecessary sacks.
    That same trait is probably also the reason for some of the biggest plays of his career and SB47.

Blog Entries

That definitely plays a part in it, but he does have a tendency to make a few poor throws each game.

I do see this also. Not sure if it's a product of the new offense or if he's still got that 'Cam" throw it 50 yards on 3rd and 7 mentality. But if they can score 24, the team should win most games. They didn't do it today but only because they took a knee at the end. They certainly could've.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    That same trait is probably also the reason for some of the biggest plays of his career and SB47.
    I don't disagree with that.

You have to know when to go for it and when to lay up. Flacco doesn't like to lay up when he probably should.

He is the "Tin Cup" of the QB position in the NFL.

Blog Entries

I swear he has a Napolean complex. Not cause of height obviously but he's been that "second choice" his whole life. I swear he forces thing because if that and a "see I told you I can do it" kind of throws. It's the only explanation. Now he doesn't do it as bad as some guys like Stafford. But he does. He's never been that you're our guy no matter what so he can be completely relaxed. He is now but it's too late. It's already ingrained.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I do see this also. Not sure if it's a product of the new offense or if he's still got that 'Cam" throw it 50 yards on 3rd and 7 mentality. But if they can score 24, the team should win most games. They didn't do it today but only because they took a knee at the end. They certainly could've.
    :word