Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Rashaan Melvin

Harbaugh still reaching, drastic times call for drastic measures. Maybe next year Harbaugh will be able to get quality players as back ups on defense. Oh yea, Jah Reid has a broken hand, wonder what coach speak harbaugh has to say about it. These last 2 years remind me of billick wasting players by using other teams players.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Harbaugh still reaching, drastic times call for drastic measures. Maybe next year Harbaugh will be able to get quality players as back ups on defense. Oh yea, Jah Reid has a broken hand, wonder what coach speak harbaugh has to say about it. These last 2 years remind me of billick wasting players by using other teams players.
    Dude. What the hell are you babbling about?

Blog Entries

Interesting. This was the best available on other squads PS? A guy with next to no game experience? Only 2 preseason games. I'll take their opinion. Well as long as it's Ozzies. Spags and Pees have proven they cAnt evaluate talent lol.

Someone has to suit up on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Interesting. This was the best available on other squads PS? A guy with next to no game experience? Only 2 preseason games. I'll take their opinion. Well as long as it's Ozzies. Spags and Pees have proven they cAnt evaluate talent lol.

Didn't they find Cary Williams on the Green Bay waivers ???

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Someone has to suit up on Sunday
    True enough. And if Gorrer/Jacobs/Melvin can't get the job done, um ...any of you guys reading these threads have experience playing corner? High school? Pee wee? Anything? You might have a shot with the Ravens (or maybe the Giants; they just signed Chykie Brown, fer cryin' out loud..)

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Didn't they find Cary Williams on the Green Bay waivers ???
    Titans.

It's interesting to see him sign an obscure Corner from a Practice Squad to the active roster. Cary's success shows that we shouldn't count him out though.

Blog Entries

Cary did start out as more of a ST stud. I remember Cary as a gunner and he was damn good. Be nice to see this kid develop the same

Blog Entries

Melvin looks like someone worth a look & a chance to develop into decent depth for next season.

There's a crowd here that seems to believe the Ravens owe them a deep run in the playoffs each & every year no matter what misfortunes they encounter. If anything less than optimal happens a bunch of you start shrieking as if someone just ran over your pet--fire this coach, bench that guy, buy these other FAs to fix everything instantly, as if it were fantasy football & there was no such thing as a salary cap...

Face facts: After all the crap that's happened to the Ravens this year they are rather unlikely to reach the postseason this year, & unlikely to make much noise if they do. (They're certainly not going to get any breaks from the league office & its herd of trained zebras, which would like nothing better than for them to quietly fade out of the discussion.) And next year the cap is going to kill them. So unless a few minor miracles occur there'll be precious little for us to cheer about for the next 20 months or so. Instead of looking for scapegoats, maybe we'd all have a better time if we just "embraced the suck" & took an intellectual interest in how the team re-invents itself out of the wreckage.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

At this point, it's unlikely we're going to get ahold of a vet that'll come in and solidify the group. So in that case, why not take a chance on some young guys we may like, get them some experience, and see if they can turn into anything for the future? I'd rather see a young guy out there struggling (but also learning) instead of a vet that has no future.

There is upside. The kid has not flopped relative to his undrafted small school status. Made decent impression in most of his opportunities. Good length. Scouted as having a a physical tone to his play. There were at least a few folks from dolphin nation that wanted to keep him, certainly not an uproar but nobody was calling him a bum. His best attribute is said to be very high football IQ. An article from SBnation had him going in the 5th (mar 2013). 4.42 40, not bad either esp at 6'2. So, sounds like upside to me.

I guess that's why they have these squads , a few ravens have come off those to be successful. Pashos wound up a millionaire. Who else...was Bart Scott ever a PS player?

Welcome aboard Rashaan. Your maybe a bruise away from getting your big shot.
    Last edited by alienstar; 11-09-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Melvin looks like someone worth a look & a chance to develop into decent depth for next season.

There's a crowd here that seems to believe the Ravens owe them a deep run in the playoffs each & every year no matter what misfortunes they encounter. If anything less than optimal happens a bunch of you start shrieking as if someone just ran over your pet--fire this coach, bench that guy, buy these other FAs to fix everything instantly, as if it were fantasy football & there was no such thing as a salary cap...

Face facts: After all the crap that's happened to the Ravens this year they are rather unlikely to reach the postseason this year, & unlikely to make much noise if they do. (They're certainly not going to get any breaks from the league office & its herd of trained zebras, which would like nothing better than for them to quietly fade out of the discussion.) And next year the cap is going to kill them. So unless a few minor miracles occur there'll be precious little for us to cheer about for the next 20 months or so. Instead of looking for scapegoats, maybe we'd all have a better time if we just "embraced the suck" & took an intellectual interest in how the team re-invents itself out of the wreckage.
    Not much sport in ragging on fans for wanting to win.

Yes - there's been a lot of shit sandwich to eat these past 2 years: Gino & Shipley as starting OL; injuries (Pitta x 2, CBs 1-3 this year), Rice-gate, etc. You can't control what you can't control. I am getting weary of the FO not seeing what's coming down the line promptly enough (e.g. Birk's & Reed's exits, secondary depth in general). All teams face the cap and all teams have to spend. In the name of budgeting, the FO has misjudged on retaining some vets these past 2 years (Boldin, Corey Graham to name 2), but contracts to Flacco, Ngata, Suggs, & Rice all seemed more appropriate than not at their times. I agree that we just may be facing a 3 year gap between playoff appearances. Some of that is out of our control (Cincy and now Grieveland have become more competitive). The OL story vs. year ago gives me some hope going forward. Yes the '14 OL has been hot and cold, but the '13 edition was all hot - hot mess, that is.
    The trade for and resigning of Monroe, the signing of Zuttah, and the unsigning of Oher helped turn the OL around quickly. Drafting for need [what a concept!!] gave us Wagner, Urschel, & Hurst over the course of 2 drafts.
    The kids held up OK when KO & Monroe were out.
    Sure the OL shit the bed at Pitts., but that was a true team effort of a debacle. If you're not feeling some confidence about this OL going forward, then somehow you've forgotten 2013 - consider yourself lucky.

I think we're on track on the DL (again, some drafting for need last time around), and at ILB. Aging at OLB. Stable at RB, especially given the cluster-fuck w/ Rice. Still searching at WR & TE (you have to think Pitta is done).
    Let's [completely] remodel the secondary (Jimmy Smith is the only untouchable, pending the recovery of his foot) with the same vigor and purpose they focused on the OL, and we'll be back within Flacco's window.