Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Draft position - if the season ended today

This board is not overrun by draft threads...I don't get why some of you get so bent out of shape when one crops up from time to time.

Again, when April rolls around and some of you are asking for opinions on guys, you should appreciate the fact that some of us pay attention to it...players, teams and draft position year round regardless of the teams record. If we didn't, we wouldn't be getting some extremely good and educated opinions on guys that we get after the season. I think instead of bitching about one draft thread in the midst of 50 other threads, maybe be a little more appreciative of the passion that some have and share with all of us.

It doesn't take anything away from our enjoyment of the current season. Some of us who are known draft-niks...Wicked, BigPlayReciever, Leach, Bmorecareful, etc...are some of the most passionate day to day fans as well.

It's ok, we aren't giving up on the season anymore than the Ravens organization is (who by the way, are evaluating draft guys year round...do you think Ozzie or Decosta are hoping we tank? They are looking at college guys too year round).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This board is not overrun by draft threads...I don't get why some of you get so bent out of shape when one crops up from time to time.

Again, when April rolls around and some of you are asking for opinions on guys, you should appreciate the fact that some of us pay attention to it...players, teams and draft position year round regardless of the teams record. If we didn't, we wouldn't be getting some extremely good and educated opinions on guys that we get after the season. I think instead of bitching about one draft thread in the midst of 50 other threads, maybe be a little more appreciative of the passion that some have and share with all of us.

It doesn't take anything away from our enjoyment of the current season. Some of us who are known draft-niks...Wicked, BigPlayReciever, Leach, Bmorecareful, etc...are some of the most passionate day to day fans as well.

It's ok, we aren't giving up on the season anymore than the Ravens organization is (who by the way, are evaluating draft guys year round...do you think Ozzie or Decosta are hoping we tank? They are looking at college guys too year round).
    While I really don't get into the draft deeply until late March, early April, I do appreciate those of you who post info regarding possible draft picks and your personal opinions of them. It does not it any way, shape, or form, take away from my enjoyment (? ... LOL) of the current Ravens season. I do not feel any of these early draft threads are a waste of my time. Matter of fact, here's a November preview of some 2015 mock drafts :

http://www.walterfootball.com/index.php

... Bc

Blog Entries

Thank you. Anything that makes this board more active in terms of football posts is fine by me

This is the time of the college season where real talent rises to the top and gets noticed.
    Measureables are great and all that...but I want to see them play.
    I want to see them making plays in a game, see their game speed. See how they react under pressure.
    Every college game I ever watch, I am looking for players to catch my eye.
    I don't go by all the talk from the talking heads to tell me if a player is good or not.
    I see for myself. I look to see how he would fit with the Ravens...or that he simply doesn't.
    So, I really appreciate any of these types of threads.

Always enjoy you guy's draft coverage, since I don't follow college ball.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

:word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Honestly after spending the past couple days looking over midseason draft reports and everything I've changed my mind. Give me Beasly with our 1st pick. If were not picking 10th-12th were gonna have to move up a bit.

The corners will wait till the 2nd. Sure a couple teams will reach I just hope it isn't us unless we're picking in the mid 20s and than yes we need to get a CB first. BUT given the odds of picking in the teens, even late teens we need to move up a handfull and get him. Than go back to back on CB in the 2nd and 3rd. OR use a 3rd on a WR and go CB again in the 4th.

The only thing throwing a wrench in is how good this RB class is. There are at least 2 AllPros. Gurley is def going to be a mainstay in someones offense of the likes of AP or CJ. Than there's a couple Ray Rice/MCCoy level guys and than a half dozen ProBowl contenders. So do we want to take one of them and try and get a CB in FA? We've already locked up Jimmy at 6.8 and still need to work a long term deal anyway. And Webb is clearly at the end of his career so we DO need to invest in that area for 1 more solid starter. Preferably a ProBowl capable guy and than one more sure fire starter. The other guys we have now are depth and decent depth as they'll all have starting experience lol.

Damn it's a muddled mess. But I'm convinced we need a 3-4 OLB like Beasly in the 1st. UNLESS we're picking in the 20s. Which would be unfortunate and really really suck. Cause it means we did a lot of fighting to get nowhere but a shittier draft place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Honestly after spending the past couple days looking over midseason draft reports and everything I've changed my mind. Give me Beasly with our 1st pick. If were not picking 10th-12th were gonna have to move up a bit.

The corners will wait till the 2nd. Sure a couple teams will reach I just hope it isn't us unless we're picking in the mid 20s and than yes we need to get a CB first. BUT given the odds of picking in the teens, even late teens we need to move up a handfull and get him. Than go back to back on CB in the 2nd and 3rd. OR use a 3rd on a WR and go CB again in the 4th.

The only thing throwing a wrench in is how good this RB class is. There are at least 2 AllPros. Gurley is def going to be a mainstay in someones offense of the likes of AP or CJ. Than there's a couple Ray Rice/MCCoy level guys and than a half dozen ProBowl contenders. So do we want to take one of them and try and get a CB in FA? We've already locked up Jimmy at 6.8 and still need to work a long term deal anyway. And Webb is clearly at the end of his career so we DO need to invest in that area for 1 more solid starter. Preferably a ProBowl capable guy and than one more sure fire starter. The other guys we have now are depth and decent depth as they'll all have starting experience lol.

Damn it's a muddled mess. But I'm convinced we need a 3-4 OLB like Beasly in the 1st. UNLESS we're picking in the 20s. Which would be unfortunate and really really suck. Cause it means we did a lot of fighting to get nowhere but a shittier draft place.
    I think it's naive to think the Ravens can trade up in the 1st round, and still have their 2nd and 3rd round picks intact... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think it's naive to think the Ravens can trade up in the 1st round, and still have their 2nd and 3rd round picks intact... Bc
    Why? Future picks. Depending on how much they have to move up Definatly plays apart. If it's only a couple spots to move up to 12 than why wouldn't the 2nd and 3rd rds be available? If it's a greater number than possible future picks come into play. If it takes say next years 2nd rd pick to move up enough to land Beasly than so be it.

There are too many good players int he mid-first round for the team to get so fixated on anyone of them that they then trade up.

From what I am seeing right now the middle of the first round has some decent WR's. 2nd round too. Not quite as deep as last year's WR crop but okay.
    CB's however are scarce and are more like late 1st/early 2nd rounders. Sure wonder what Marcus Peters' deal is.
    Good chance Todd Gurley will be available to us; definitely Melvin Gordon.
    There will be good DE/OLB rush types into the 2nd round.
    Free safeties? There's one or two I am wondering about like Derron Smith of Fresno. Hopefully he could drop to the 2nd round.
    TE- Funchess could be our guy (if you don't care about blocking) or there's a couple in the middle rounds that could be serviceable.

There are too many directions that the team could go with its picks to get too excited about any one player.

Ozzie will pick BPA like every year.

Blog Entries

They have had success in the 1st with CB's. Not so much with WR's. BPA to an extent, but he should not go in and draft a DT, ILB or OL. The team has good death there. Sometimes need has to come into the equation.