Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Sizing up the AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I can't wait till next year. I wanna see what Manziel brings. Hoyer will obviously go to one of the QB needing teams. Buffalo. TB. Jax. Houston Who knows.
    I'm not at all sure about that, but am curious to see what happens with Hoyer. He's (naturally) denied reports that he doesn't want to stay in Cleveland with Manziel around, but who knows what he (and Joe Linta) are thinking. The front office there is probably itching to play Manziel, but Hoyer's been too good so far. I have to believe Hoyer won't turn down a good offer to stay there, and the Browns do have a lot of cap space. So if he continues to be the solid, steady QB through the rest of the season, how much is he worth? And would the Browns consider tagging him next year to avoid a long term commitment?

Blog Entries

Re: Sizing up the AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I'm not at all sure about that, but am curious to see what happens with Hoyer. He's (naturally) denied reports that he doesn't want to stay in Cleveland with Manziel around, but who knows what he (and Joe Linta) are thinking. The front office there is probably itching to play Manziel, but Hoyer's been too good so far. I have to believe Hoyer won't turn down a good offer to stay there, and the Browns do have a lot of cap space. So if he continues to be the solid, steady QB through the rest of the season, how much is he worth? And would the Browns consider tagging him next year to avoid a long term commitment?
    Honestly absolutely do they go with Manziel next year. You can't draft that flashy of a QB that high and NOT play him. Hoyer is def gone from the AFC North next year without a doubt. Not that it matters as I don't think he's very good. They'll prob tag him in the hopes of getting a draft pick, at least I would, OR trade with someone straight up for a pick this year.
    Edit: as for how much he's worth? That depends in the team. If I'm Houston for example is give up a 4th for him. Maybe as high as a 3rd given the right circumstances. Cause really in this draft there's only 2 or 3 guys that have a hope of being a starter in this league.