Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My eye will be on Coaching in the upcoming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Yeah, I have PRICELESS information.

When on the goal line, and it is 4th down, RUN THE GODDAMN BALL.
    They've tried running the ball plenty of times on third (or fourth) and short situations, to little success. Players have to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Or take the points on the road when it's not goal line.
    I agree that they should have taken the points in that situation. But it wasn't all that terribly long ago that many on this board were criticizing Harbaugh for not being aggressive enough in those types of situations. There are still plenty claiming that he doesn't have a killer instinct. People can't have it both ways.

Blog Entries

Yea, but it is the higher percentage play... Even if you have to run it 3 times it should be easy to execute. They need to put the right package in as well. They try to sell it like they are not running it. No hard count. Just line up snap and expect to get in. Why is there no hard count or quick snap... something, anything to throw the DL off or the LB's hitting the gaps. The short yardage issues are always a staple of this offense for the past few years. To me it is because the snap is so obvious. I remember a day when a 3rd and 3 was an automatic running 1st down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Yea, but it is the higher percentage play... Even if you have to run it 3 times it should be easy to execute. They need to put the right package in as well. They try to sell it like they are not running it. No hard count. Just line up snap and expect to get in. Why is there no hard count or quick snap... something, anything to throw the DL off or the LB's hitting the gaps. The short yardage issues are always a staple of this offense for the past few years. To me it is because the snap is so obvious. I remember a day when a 3rd and 3 was an automatic running 1st down.
    We have failed SOOOO many times running the ball this year on third and short. I bet our percentage is better on third-and-six than third-and-one. I think we should just false start every time we have a third-and-one.

You run on third-and-one and don't make it. What in the world make you think you're going to get it running on fourth-and-one?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    We have failed SOOOO many times running the ball this year on third and short. I bet our percentage is better on third-and-six than third-and-one. I think we should just false start every time we have a third-and-one.

You run on third-and-one and don't make it. What in the world make you think you're going to get it running on fourth-and-one?
    What's up. You just going Thread to Thread breaking my balls. So the BS play call in Cincy has a higher percentage than just running it again. I recall another 4th down play where Flacco actually got sacked on a roll out and instead of 1st and 10 on the 1-2 yard line for the oppossing team they got the ball on the 9 with much more room to operate.

I also stated that short yardage has been embarassing for this team for the past couple years, but that doesn't mean you go one dimensional. You just figure out a better way to pound the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    What's up. You just going Thread to Thread breaking my balls. So the BS play call in Cincy has a higher percentage than just running it again. I recall another 4th down play where Flacco actually got sacked on a roll out and instead of 1st and 10 on the 1-2 yard line for the oppossing team they got the ball on the 9 with much more room to operate.

I also stated that short yardage has been embarassing for this team for the past couple years, but that doesn't mean you go one dimensional. You just figure out a better way to pound the rock.
    Haha. Sorry, no, not trolling you. And I have often shouted at my TV screen when it's first and goal from the one that we should pound it four times.

Just that at this moment, for whatever reason, we are not good at short yardage runs. Until we can run some 3rd-and-ones, my opinion is that we should shouldn't automatically run it on 4th-and-one.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Sorry but no. Inside th 5 does NOT mean run it 3 times. BUT don't call a fade to the shortest WR on the team, despite his hands, don't call a crossing fake to the slowest guy out there. And don't call a run by the lightest RB without a lead blocker. There's just some mind boggling dumb calls Kubes has made. Where's the back shoulder throw to SSSr? He made a killing on that in Carolina. And Joe can throw it. So wtf. Or how about the fade to Marlon or Marlon crossing the back of the EZ? He caught a handfull of TDs last year with those 2 plays. How about the up the gut fake only to flip it to the FB who bounced out to the right after everyone else dove on a inside run fake? We have seemed to have forgotten those.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Harbaugh only does it his way. That's a coach that doesn't listen to anyone else but his brother. Jimmy told john to give him boldin..
    Do you mean after the Ravens won the Super Bowl beating the 49ers? Damn that Jim Harbaugh, taking our best WR after he (Boldin) got a championship ring in Baltimore... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Do you mean after the Ravens won the Super Bowl beating the 49ers? Damn that Jim Harbaugh, taking our best WR after he (Boldin) got a championship ring in Baltimore... Bc
    Should not have happened, any other team besides 9'ers or AFC teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Should not have happened, any other team besides 9'ers or AFC teams.
    I actually agree with you to some extent. It is difficult to cut a player who has helped a team to a championship (does Trent Dilfer ring a bell), but it really is hard to keep all players after a Super Bowl victory. It may be due to my 'purple glasses' but I still have confidence in our HC and FO... Bc

The change in the secondary this week in my opinion is purely reactionary. It is reactionary I believe because of Bisciotti's comments after the season last year. He said something about being patient but he won't accept another season like last season without changes being made (or at least that seemed to be implied in his comments). I do not have a whole lot of confidence that this change will work.