Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Thought we would get to see some Will Hill last night

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Unlike the others competing for the spot he has shown in the NFL that he can perform at a high level.Third game back and sharing PT with multiple others I'm not prepared to write him off just yet.We've seen Stewart and Elam all season long and they both suck ass in a big way.
    I'm not giving up on him either, I just said I didn't like what I saw from him last night. If he does not improve we truly are in deep shit.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Don't understand at all why Stewart is playing the most. That guy is atrocious and Harbaugh implying he's playing well is an insult to the fanbase's intelligence. There is no legitimate reason he should be playing this much over Elam (who has been awful as well, but is young and can improve) and Brooks (who hasn't played poorly and also can improve). It's mind boggling. Stewart brings nothing at all to this team. Terrible player, terrible offseason acquisition, made worse by the fact that the staff inexplicably is still playing him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm not giving up on him either, I just said I didn't like what I saw from him last night. If he does not improve we truly are in deep shit.
    That was a brutal game to watch lol.After the fumble and the pick it pretty much went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Don't understand at all why Stewart is playing the most. That guy is atrocious and Harbaugh implying he's playing well is an insult to the fanbase's intelligence. There is no legitimate reason he should be playing this much over Elam (who has been awful as well, but is young and can improve) and Brooks (who hasn't played poorly and also can improve). It's mind boggling. Stewart brings nothing at all to this team. Terrible player, terrible offseason acquisition, made worse by the fact that the staff inexplicably is still playing him.
    Couldn't agree more. I think at this point they have learned that Stewart is NOT the answer. IMO they should go with the young guys and let them learn from their mistakes. I would split time with Hill and Brooks at FS and leave Elam alone at the SS position, and stop moving these guys all over the place. I assume that Pees is responsible for most of this, but Harbs has the hammer and he better start using it.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

5. Re: Thought we would get to see some Will Hill last night

I don't understand how Stewart gets the most snaps week in and week out. Stewart is ass. Will Hill wasn't very good last night from what I saw but I'll give him a pass since he just came back a couple weeks ago. I actually liked what I saw from Elam. Seems like he was playing near the line of scrimmage a lot more than usual and was pretty disruptive in blitzing and in run support. Brooks being deactivated was definitely a head scratcher, he blew it against Cincy on that pass to Sanu but at least he was in position to make a play unlike Stewart who would've been left in the dust. I just don't understand the love affair the coaching staff has with Stewart. He must practice really hard or something because he is fuckin terrible when he's out on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    I don't understand how Stewart gets the most snaps week in and week out. Stewart is ass. Will Hill wasn't very good last night from what I saw but I'll give him a pass since he just came back a couple weeks ago. I actually liked what I saw from Elam. Seems like he was playing near the line of scrimmage a lot more than usual and was pretty disruptive in blitzing and in run support. Brooks being deactivated was definitely a head scratcher, he blew it against Cincy on that pass to Sanu but at least he was in position to make a play unlike Stewart who would've been left in the dust. I just don't understand the love affair the coaching staff has with Stewart. He must practice really hard or something because he is fuckin terrible when he's out on the field.
    They are a pretty stubborn lot.Look how long they stuck with the idea that Oher was a LT and how long it took them to replace Cam.

Like it or not, Stewart is playing better than Elam.

What pisses me off is that they didn't like the Ihedigbo/Elam combo last year, because it forced Elam to play FS. Then they go out and get Stewart, who is also an SS. If that's what they were going to do, then why not keep Ihedigbo who's much better than both Elam and Stewart?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    This is what happens when you don't plan properly for life after Reed. Reed bailed this team's iffy corner play out for the last 6 years of his career, and then when he finally fell off a cliff his last season here, Ozzie & co. went into panic mode trying to figure what the hell to do. They had no replacement, no contingency plan in place and are now just throwing a bunch of crap at the wall and hoping that something sticks trying to make up for their past failures to develop anything behind him.
    They drafted a Safety in the 1st round. How much more planning do you want? The problem was in the evaluation of the player they planned on using to replace Reed. That was way off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    They are a pretty stubborn lot.Look how long they stuck with the idea that Oher was a LT and how long it took them to replace Cam.
    True. This reminds of the situation at Center last season. They we so sure that Gino would be able to play the position while it was clear he couldn't.

Blog Entries

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-f1e0bf13464e

Harbaugh speaking of miscommunications being the issue while starting different tandem, or worse an all out rotation every week, is a joke. Play the best two and leave it alone so they can build chemistry. I cant understand how he doesnt see a constant rotation as being part of the issue with miscommunication. What other teams are doing a 5 man rotation at safety?

please dont tell me theyre too even to pick the best two either. Its painfully obvious who the best 3 are on this team and stewart, levine, miles and trawick arent. 3 STs players and a guy that probably shouldnt be anything other than depth on a team that doesnt have much.
    -JAB

Agree with all those saying Stewart has been atrocious. Granted the coaches see these guys every day in practice, but I simply don't see how Brooks would be any worse than Stewart out there. And if he's not any worse, give Brooks the reps and let him learn. At least he has the potential to improve, unlike Stewart.

Will Hill ‏@WillThrill25 2h2 hours ago
    Will step my game up all around ravens fans deserve better.