Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Worst Ravens secondary of all time?

I don't have a recollection of the 90's Raven D, but this is clearly the worst I've seen. 2007 secondary was bad, but not this bad. At least there was Ed Reed and Dawan Landry...
    I have 100% confidence that when we need a stop this secondary will fail. Not a good feeling. Even with a healthy Smith the rest of the squad is basura, including a fading Webb. And the safety play... they might as well have WR's playing those positions
    Last edited by Whitty Hutton; 11-03-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Re: Worst Ravens secondary of all time?

Oh far and away. This secondary flat out sucks.

For a while I've thought they were sub-par, but not worst of all time. My opinion was changed tonight. When was the last time you saw a team trying to run out the clock by throwing the ball more than 10 yards down field? That's what the Rapists did.

The guys in the middle will change the game. Great safety, MLB, and DT can do that for you.

We have no one at safety. Safeties save the day. This needs to be priority #1, even more than corner back. Guys can't beat 1-on-1 9 routes anymore - new rules allow receiver to push off or call DPI on the CB. Safeties are going to be key to containment.

Jimmy Smith makes this secondary slightly better than the 96 Ravens... but not by much.

Safety-wise this is easily the worse EVER in Ravens History. 96 at least had Turner.

Stewart does not deserve to be in the NFL... not starting!! Elam can't cover and can't tackle well and is a bust. Hill isn't the savior, and Brooks, I hope he gets better, but aint too good right now.

2007 was worse. Easily.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    2007 was worse. Easily.
    Yeah. 2007 was humiliating. This year we compete in the secondary. (And lose: but we compete.

Blog Entries

Yoos must have missed those Vinny years when he was the QB scoring
    but the secondary gave up a lot of points. That didn't stop til we
    got C-MAC and Starks and then Rolle plus Ray, Sharper and the pass rush
    of Goose, Adams and MacCrary.

In 97 Piss scored 42 pts on us that year and 37 pts in the second game and Jags
    scored 29 pts. At least we beat them Piss by 20 pts this year with Jimmy in the secondary.

We had Donny Brady and Dorian Brew in the secondary.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-03-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Blog Entries

As a group I definitely think it's on par with or perhaps even worse than 2007 now that Jimmy is hurt. Unreal that the Ravens FO and defensive staff, as good as they usually are, left them in this situation. Totally unbelievable.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Easily the worst Ravens secondary. In 2007 they couldn't rush the passer. The Ravens have two bookends that need to be accounted for when the rush and a very good front seven.

I don't only blame the players though , I wonder how well this backfield would play if TA or a coach like him was still here.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    2007 was worse. Easily.
    This. And the reasons were similar...street of dying men at cornerback.

2007 was by far the worst secondary, but this one is clearly becoming very close as the worse secondary in team history.
    Lovin me some section 543

Blog Entries

We got a good bit of pressure last night and BR still picked us apart. Our former #1 CB was the only NFL worthy CB out there and he was beaten like he stole something most of the night. As long as were trotting out that secondary we can assume losses. Theyre that bad and again, thats all on Ozzie for not having even remotely adequate depth.
    -JAB