Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 202122

Re: The Ginormous "Joe Flacco Sucks" Thread

The fall back for the loud Flacco Critics is that Joe is slightly above average, but he isn't a $120M QB. As a Flacco 'apologist', do I think he is worth $120M .... Hell no if you ask me. Ultimately, you are worth what you can get. After outplaying Manning, and Brady in the playoffs and then winning the SB MVP, Flacco could basically name his price, and the team had to take it. The year before the FO could have signed Flacco longterm for a shitload less (rumors of haggling over $1-2M/yr). If you wanna bitch at someone for Joe being a $120M QB, blame the Ravens organization for playing hardball with Joe & Joe Linta in the 2012 offseason. It was obvious that they weren't going to rebuild with a completely new franchise QB after the 2012 season and it wasn't an issue of Joe being injury-prone.

Blog Entries

A plain opinion from a simple man :
    Joe Flacco is an above average QB. Not "elite" nor the dregs either. I don't think he ever had a great surrounding offensive cast, and was under Cam's rule for years. Despite that, the Ravens made 5 playoff appearances in a row, and won a Super Bowl. After a post-championship 8 - 8 season, we started out 2014 @ 5 - 2. I'll bet at that time there weren't many criticisms of Joe. Now @ 5 - 4, let's just let the season play out and then see where his (and the Ravens) fortunes lie... Bc

Blog Entries

The fantasy players won't let that happen.

Hell, just start paying players at the end of the season based on their performance. Then we won't have to worry about having a discussion on weather or not certain players are "worth" their large contracts after they have signed them. Throw in some injury settlement clauses and pay them based on how they did for the season. Make them earn it each year. lol