IMHO the watchword of NFL 2014 is CONSISTENCY, and lack of same. Steelers smack down Colts, who shut out Bengals, who sweep Ravens, who stomp Bucs, who beat Steelers. Teams like the Dolphins look playoff-ready one week and top-five-draft-pick the next. More than ever, Coach/Quarterback seems to be a good indicator of success. Lots of young qbs last few years, some succesful (RBIII, Andrew Luck), some not so much (Geno Smith, EJ Manuel). QB looks as important as ever.

AFC EAST: Just a few weeks ago the NEPs were 2-2 and got stomed in KC and looked vulnerable. Now they're back on top and another div title looks inevitable. That's what consistency, and a quality coach/qb, will do. Bills benched their young qb for a recycled Kyle Orton in a win-now move. Dolphins showing promise but lack, yes, consistency. J-E-T-S lack talent. Rex is probably gone, but I don't think it's his fault. (The guy won playoff games with Mark Sanchez, and one wonders if the NYJs would like him back?)
AFC SOUTH: Colts. Texans and Titans are .500. Jags stink. Colts have a great QB, others don't. Coincidence? I think not.
AFC North: Bengals/Steelers/Ravens; one will win the division, one will get a WC, one will have a miserable offseason. I don't see any of them making a playoff run, the Ravens having the best potential if they can ever get, yes, consistency on the offense. Browns would be contenders in some divisions and I look for them to make a run next year.
AFC WEST: Broncos look more and more like the best team in the League, and I'll be surprised if they don't win the SB. Chiefs and Chargers will duel for a WC; both good teams. I like the Chargers better at QB but the chiefs wi better overall talent. Raiders? to five draft.

NFC EAST: I think the Pheagles are a touch better than Dallas (impressive as they are). I thought the Giants would be more relevant than they are. Skins? I thought Kirk Cousins would be the man for them.
NFC NORTH: Packers' to lose. Lions look good; could Caldwell be a better HC than coordinator? They certainly seem a better and better-disciplined team under him. Good hire. Bears? Don't they *always* have a good defense? guess not. Vikings? top-five draft. Ugh.
NFC SOUTH: Saints look ready to lead the way, which isn't saying much. Payton/Brees are proven winners. Falcons look fugly. what happened? talent drain? Injuries? They really seem to have fallen off. Panthers? step backwards. Time for a new coach methings. Bucs? I thought Lovie would do better here, but it's still pretty early.
NFC WEST: If it comes down to a single game I'd still pick the Seahawks, but the Cardinals have earned first-place and could well make a deep playoff run. Home Field could be huge this year. Seahawks? Post-SB blues; still dangerous. 49ers? They can still make a run but seem to have lost an edge. Rams? Stuck in a tough division. Do they have a QB?

SB Prediction:::Broncos 31 Cardinals 20
(subject to change of course)