Craziest wins so far this year, excluding the Ravens

The great dallas team beaten by a 3rd stringer and 2-5 redskins. Who saw that coming. I thought the steeler/bucs game was the craziest so far.

Blog Entries

Re: Craziest wins so far this year, excluding the Ravens

This game was probably the most unpredictable. No way I saw Washington winning this game. That, and Pittsburgh putting up half a century on Indy.

Sunday morning from London. Atl with a 21-0 halftime lead on Det, but Lions win 22-21 at the end of the game on a made FG when they'd just missed the kick one play earlier. They get to try again after they (Det) committed a delay of game penalty. Great rule. They get a do over when they are penalized. No 10 second run off because it's a pre-snap, dead ball penalty.

I can just picture some of those Brits saying to each other, "Now let me get this straight old chap. The team with the ball gets another chance to win the game because they committed an infraction. And the Yanks say they hate soccer rules and don't understand how we judge offsides on the pitch."

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This game was probably the most unpredictable. No way I saw Washington winning this game. That, and Pittsburgh putting up half a century on Indy.
    No kidding! Especially when the Steelers had lost at home to TB earlier. That one gets my vote as the unlikeliest, if not craziest. Wash winning in Dal is a close 2nd.

Browns 31-3 victory over the Steelers gets a vote from me. Margin of victory was stunning to me given how the Steelers mostly dominated the series.

Blog Entries

Cowboys going into Seattle and winning that game was a huge surprise. But not as huge as Washington beating them in Jerry's house

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I really wasn't expecting the Steeler win on Sunday against Indy. That was the craziest for me. I'm just not sold on Dallas being that great yet.

Blog Entries

The Bucs only win this year came at the Steelers. This is a Bucs team that has only scored over 20 points twice this season and one of those times was the 27 they laid on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. I still don't get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Bucs only win this year came at the Steelers. This is a Bucs team that has only scored over 20 points twice this season and one of those times was the 27 they laid on the Steelers in Pittsburgh. I still don't get that one.
    Add another steelers game to craziest win again. The great BR ,who amazed everyone with his skills the 2 previous games, has a bad game . The lowly jets(now 2-8), make life miserable for the steelers by beating them up and taking their spork(sorry, couldn't resist).

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Add another steelers game to craziest win again. The great BR ,who amazed everyone with his skills the 2 previous games, has a bad game . The lowly jets(now 2-8), make life miserable for the steelers by beating them up and taking their spork(sorry, couldn't resist).
    Yep. Last week I said something on one of these threads to the effect that the Jets had almost no chance of beating Pittsburgh. Shows what I know. Any given Sunday...

And the AFCN is one crazy place this year. Here we are heading to Week 11, and any of the four teams could end up winning the division. The Browns are actually relevant in November. When was the last time you could say that?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Yep. Last week I said something on one of these threads to the effect that the Jets had almost no chance of beating Pittsburgh. Shows what I know. Any given Sunday...

And the AFCN is one crazy place this year. Here we are heading to Week 11, and any of the four teams could end up winning the division. The Browns are actually relevant in November. When was the last time you could say that?
    2007, the Derek Anderson year

Blog Entries

I actually predicted the Jets win so I wont consider that on this list. Familiarity plus the Pitt Offense hasnt shown that it travels well. Add to that a defense that isnt the same and you get the up and down inconsistency that the Steelers are. Plus all the Jets really needed was to pull the plug on Geno and theyd be a lot closer to 5-5 than 2-8. I still think the Steelers are closer to an 8-8 team themselves than a 12-4 team.

Im not going to predict back to back losses, especially since the Titans dont have a vet QB, but I do think you can pencil in the bengals and falcons both as losses as well and the Saints will be a tough home game. I see them being 6-7 in 4 weeks.
    -JAB