Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's "Franks" Walker's fault!

Seriously, putting aside all the "refs screwed us" stuff, why not blame the real culprit.

On the long pass to Sanu on 3rd and 10, Franks was shown basically jogging and staring into the backfield the entire route, hence giving up 58 yards during the most critical time of the game. There is absoultely no excuse for playing such horrible defense at a time like that.

We really haven't seen DB play this bad since the other FRANK (Walker), hence my thread title.

Re: It's "Franks" Walker's fault!

I thought Franks passed the coverage on to Brooks.

But really, if we're blaming a CB who we signed off the street a couple weeks ago, then the blame should go to the front office and coaching staff for not signing and developing guys who can play the CB position.

It's Cam's fault.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

A play goes the other way here or there and it would've been a different outcome. Such is the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I thought Franks passed the coverage on to Brooks.

But really, if we're blaming a CB who we signed off the street a couple weeks ago, then the blame should go to the front office and coaching staff for not signing and developing guys who can play the CB position.
    That's indeed what happened.
    Brooks couldn't find the ball in the air...a skill that's lacking among a few of our DBs.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

It was cover 2 zone.

Franks played that exactly like he should have. Brooks has got to make the lay there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I have a hard time placing a lot of blame for a loss on a guy who wasn't on the roster a couple weeks ago.

Also, as mentioned above, it was a zone. Franks played that as he should have. Here is a picture of a similar defense (yes I know from Madden but the concept is the same).

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Too bad Brooks is a rookie who hasn't had a lot of playing time at FS cause our coaching staff has taken more of a "by comitee" approach. So he hasn't gotten the snaps in practice OR in game time to know. And THIS is what happens.

Someone earlier said it also. This pathetic coaching staff has "dropped the ball" hehehe. At working our secondary. But hey we were perfectly fine coming into this season with Asa and Chykie as our 3 and 4 according to most on here along with the staff. People like myself who said this was criminal and a severe lack of attention and WTF are these idiots doing??? Got blasted that we don't know as much as Oz and co.

It's everyone except avg joe's fualt.

That was all Brooks from where I sat. Not only did he not find the ball, he overran the play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    It's everyone except avg joe's fualt.
    Troll check list:

Off topic? check
    improperly spelled words? check
    incendiary comment? check

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    That was all Brooks from where I sat. Not only did he not find the ball, he overran the play.
    Yeah he overran it because he didn't find the ball. He was actually in decent position to make a play on it had he looked back to find the ball. Rookie mistake that can/will be corrected.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis